Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Actually very into the government destroying peoples live/businesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Like is it illegal if you bring children or just advising not to?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
You can bring children, just not your own, and also you need to wait a week before they can go to school, but you're fine to go to a restaurant or pub.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Welp learned how to get and do an at home antigen test today, the downside of this is that the boss just tested positive for covid on her antigen test and now I have to book her a PCR somehow in Wicklow and it looks like the centre is full up.

I guess I should take one later on once I sort this shite out

Edit: My boss is basically like a 3rd parent to me, both in terms of how important she is and also how difficult she is to get to do anything. It took me 20 minutes of pestering her to get her to try to book an antigen test. Im freakin out lads

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 1, 2021

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Shoehead posted:

Welp learned how to get and do an at home antigen test today, the downside of this is that the boss just tested positive for covid on her antigen test and now I have to book her a PCR somehow in Wicklow and it looks like the centre is full up.

I guess I should take one later on once I sort this shite out

Edit: My boss is basically like a 3rd parent to me, both in terms of how important she is and also how difficult she is to get to do anything. It took me 20 minutes of pestering her to get her to try to book an antigen test. Im freakin out lads

Their GP can refer them for one if there are symptoms. They have a separate portal from the public.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The new restrictions feel way too late, especially for theatres.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

PowerBeard posted:

The new restrictions feel way too late, especially for theatres.

I see one person disagrees
https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1466844984804528131
https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1466844422994341894

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

I feel dumber just from reading tweet.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It's loving amazing how McGregor has become more cringe than Jedward over time.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Jedward are just ridiculously sincere and we were irony poisoned at the time. They've ended up being alright ambassadors for the country in the end. Decent lads.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
It's almost like taking several punches and kicks to the head might alter your mental faculties over time.

Or maybe McGregor was always broken.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
aragh irish red brick wall millennium hand and shrimp

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

PowerBeard posted:

It's almost like taking several punches and kicks to the head might alter your mental faculties over time.

The mountains of coke on top of the brain trauma probably doesn't help

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I can't remember if it's the Hutches or the Kinehans he's reputedly connected to via his girlfriend, but apparently that's a big deal in his life and always has been.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's going to fight the EU on pay-per-view next year.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

PowerBeard posted:

It could have been the pure Colombian white gold screaming through his nervous system for several years

efb

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Arquinsiel posted:

I can't remember if it's the Hutches or the Kinehans he's reputedly connected to via his girlfriend, but apparently that's a big deal in his life and always has been.

Its the latter and hes insane.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Still want to see him fight Andrzej Duda for the Europes in a live televised match, I think they'd both be up for the spectacle.

And they both are.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Tweets got deleted; what did they say?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Conor McGregor was going to fight the whole European Union, primary match style.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
It was him saying something along the lines of "cases going up despite this Vax % what a joke now the EU wants to do more mandates the money train has to stop at the red Irish wall" and "it's time to think about Ireland leaving the EU"
They weren't very coherent and because I'm not Irish (in every sense other than legally) I didn't really get the expression about the red wall either. Is that a common phrase?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

gonadic io posted:

I didn't really get the expression about the red wall either. Is that a common phrase?

If you're a West Brit berk maybe

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

gonadic io posted:

It was him saying something along the lines of "cases going up despite this Vax % what a joke now the EU wants to do more mandates the money train has to stop at the red Irish wall" and "it's time to think about Ireland leaving the EU"
They weren't very coherent and because I'm not Irish (in every sense other than legally) I didn't really get the expression about the red wall either. Is that a common phrase?

I am guessing he meant the border between the Republic and Northern Ireland. Guessing he wants to unify Ireland outside the EU, or starve out the north by cutting them off from Ireland's EU funding, or some utter shite like that.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
It seems like Martin is going to successfully blame Omicon for his inept handling of covid.

Cases were already on an upswing coming into the bank holiday weekend, schools were having cases since term started and they stopped contact tracing to hide that.
Everything was going the wrong way and we would have had to roll back openings anyway, Omicon just forced their hand and gave them something to blame and media are buying that.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah he's full of poo poo, things got bad weeks before Omicron showed up last week. What a dick

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
https://twitter.com/RobOHanrahan/status/1467122762011623424

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

gonadic io posted:

I think it was a "red brick wall" he said, but I am not 100% on that. The only explanation I can come up with is that he's too thick to have watched Coronation Street ever and thinks nowhere outside Ireland uses red brick.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
how can you be too thick to watch corrie :/

like there've been people who have assaulted the actors on it because they can't tell the difference between television and real life

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
they had to recall a lottery scratchcard because too many people rang in to complain that the shops wouldn't pay out, because they didn't know what negative numbers were

i keep things like this in my long-term memory's handy front pocket for when anyone tries to tell me to trust the common sense of strangers

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's got a whole plan where him and Jim McDonald are going to fight the entire European Union in the smoking area of the Rovers Return using only some thick knee socks with red bricks in the end.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
don't underestimate a brick inna sock imo, it's basically a primitive morningstar

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

e:nm, a bit too e/n

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Dec 5, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

they had to recall a lottery scratchcard because too many people rang in to complain that the shops wouldn't pay out, because they didn't know what negative numbers were

i keep things like this in my long-term memory's handy front pocket for when anyone tries to tell me to trust the common sense of strangers

Why the gently caress would you use negative numbers on a scratcher lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Failed Imagineer posted:

Why the gently caress would you use negative numbers on a scratcher lol

because it was winter themed - cold temperatures

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/cool-cash-card-confusion-1009701

quote:

"On one of my cards it said I had to find temperatures lower than -8. The numbers I uncovered were -6 and -7 so I thought I had won, and so did the woman in the shop. But when she scanned the card the machine said I hadn't.

I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8 but I'm not having it."

I'M NOT 'AVIN IT :mad:

loving heck i did not think that was near 15 year ago

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Marenghi posted:

It seems like Martin is going to successfully blame Omicon for his inept handling of covid.

Cases were already on an upswing coming into the bank holiday weekend, schools were having cases since term started and they stopped contact tracing to hide that.
Everything was going the wrong way and we would have had to roll back openings anyway, Omicon just forced their hand and gave them something to blame and media are buying that.

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1467455301020487680?s=20

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

crispix posted:

how can you be too thick to watch corrie :/

like there've been people who have assaulted the actors on it because they can't tell the difference between television and real life

Don't underestimate how thick he is.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

That's interesting. Not because the Government has a high enough approval rating but that NPHET's rating is so high.

Looking at the news lately, the Government is trying to setup a Culture War against their own health advisors to distract from their own failings.
(One Sunday tabloid had Ministers talking about "going to war" with unelected NPHET and so on.)
Those numbers indicate it's not fully working however of you look around there are still a lot of people who want to believe a narrative that NPHET are out to ruin the country and rake in that lockdown money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

That's interesting. Not because the Government has a high enough approval rating but that NPHET's rating is so high.

Looking at the news lately, the Government is trying to setup a Culture War against their own health advisors to distract from their own failings.
(One Sunday tabloid had Ministers talking about "going to war" with unelected NPHET and so on.)
Those numbers indicate it's not fully working however of you look around there are still a lot of people who want to believe a narrative that NPHET are out to ruin the country and rake in that lockdown money.

NPHET have been both the sacrificial lamb and scapegoat from the very start, but it's nice to see that it's really only taken hold with the frothing jrnl.ie commenters