Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Because he has 5 career starts and is in line to be a top-12 QB in all 5. He is the worst QB in the universe so it makes it extra funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Because he has 5 career starts and is in line to be a top-12 QB in all 5. He is the worst QB in the universe so it makes it extra funny

Blake Bortles rule!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

If there's one positive about my season so far it's that my team is far and away the best non-playoff team. We do a Toilet Bowl and the payout is more than if we finished 3rd in the playoffs. So I got that going for me

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

…why would that be a thing?

Like, I get a toilet bowl is fun, but winning more for finishing in 2nd to last place than you do for finishing in 3rd is insulting.

In my league we have a toilet bowl, but the loser has to pay the next years buy in for whoever finishes in 3rd this year.

That way we can pay more for first and second place, and there’s still a very real prize for winning the toilet bowl.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 3, 2021

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Are there any Javonte Williams Truthers out there?

I've convinced myself he's gonna go off pretty shortly here and am about to wheel out some stupid trade offers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dy. posted:

I've convinced myself he's gonna go off pretty shortly here and am about to wheel out some stupid trade offers.

I love him in dynasty but I wouldn’t give up too much for him in a redraft league.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Please, sir, may I have a bit of Darrell Henderson Jr news? Just a spoonful, sir. Please?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

dy. posted:

You better hurry
https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/1466845191864610820

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

…why would that be a thing?

Like, I get a toilet bowl is fun, but winning more for finishing in 2nd to last place than you do for finishing in 3rd is insulting.

In my league we have a toilet bowl, but the loser has to pay the next years buy in for whoever finishes in 3rd this year.

That way we can pay more for first and second place, and there’s still a very real prize for winning the toilet bowl.

I don't think it's the two worst teams, just all the non playoff teams, which I think is fine. It is a way to keep people engaged all year.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Spoeank posted:

I rode the Taysomcoaster tonight and it was W I L D

*adjusts glasses* He really put up 20 points last night??!!? With 4 picks!?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Whoreson Welles posted:

Please, sir, may I have a bit of Darrell Henderson Jr news? Just a spoonful, sir. Please?

I'd second this request because I might pickup Sonny Michel if Henderson is unable to go.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

trilljester posted:

It was beautiful

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Whoreson Welles posted:

https://twitter.com/kevinmodesti/status/1466856590175256576?s=21

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

trilljester posted:

Ran for 100 yards which is less than I thought. And passed for something like 260 which is way more than I thought!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

I don't think it's the two worst teams, just all the non playoff teams, which I think is fine. It is a way to keep people engaged all year.

Yea I get having a prize, but it should never be more money than 2nd place. That doesn’t make any sense. So you can have the worst team in the entire league and get lucky at the end and make more profit than 2nd place?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Yea I get having a prize, but it should never be more money than 2nd place. That doesn’t make any sense. So you can have the worst team in the entire league and get lucky at the end and make more profit than 2nd place?

shyduck posted:

We do a Toilet Bowl and the payout is more than if we finished 3rd in the playoffs. So I got that going for me

Seems fine, winner and runner up make the most, then the toilet tourney winner. Depends on how many teams make the playoffs, of course, but getting third in the playoffs is probably not more indicative of a good team than winning the toilet tourney.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

If everyone in the league finds it more fun that’s what actually matters

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

....you might want to reread the original post.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I run a 14 team league where we do a consolation bracket but because of the playoff structure, the finals are between 3 teams. I ended up having to keep track of it but people have said they like it because it's more chaotic

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I guess I read 3rd as 2nd, my bad.

Still don’t like a worse finish getting more money than any higher finish, but to each their own.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Sataere posted:

Yeah it's this, I really should've clarified. It's 12 team league, top 6 make the playoffs, bottom 6 in essentially a separate tournament

This league has been going annually for over 15 years with hardly any turnover (I got in 3 years ago), and I'm sure it's evolved over time. We also do payouts for weekly high score at a given position and stuff like that

shyduck fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 3, 2021

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I got an offer for a straight up team trade. Which team is better in half PPR?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dy. posted:

I got an offer for a straight up team trade. Which team is better in half PPR?

Right team with Brady by a good bit

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Always full-team trade

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Don't never let nobody tell you that you shouldn't not full-team trade.

That being said, I think the one with Chubb is better.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

sourdough posted:

Right team with Brady by a good bit
That's the one I would be getting and I agree, I like it a lot better.

The dude has had really poor luck and is just outside of the playoff bubble so I think is scrambling a little.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So is Hurts more hurt than previously thought?

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1466821176160829450

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Should risk it to go with a hurt Hurts or pick up Kyler or Brady? (this is a guillotine league down to 4 teams which is why those two are available). In a bit of a hole after Zeke not doing much on Thursday so looking for ceiling. Thinking Kyler if he plays?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Brady is the safe bet, but Kyler could well be the winner if he’s healthy enough to be himself.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
When Brady faced the Falcons earlier this season he threw for 5 TDs. Everyone other than AB appears to be full-go. I’d start Brady with more confidence than Hurts or Kyler.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Thanks for the advice, went Brady. Hope it doesn't kill me

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

dxt posted:

Should risk it to go with a hurt Hurts or pick up Kyler or Brady? (this is a guillotine league down to 4 teams which is why those two are available). In a bit of a hole after Zeke not doing much on Thursday so looking for ceiling. Thinking Kyler if he plays?

I’m facing the same predicament. If Jalen does play though I feel like he’s gonna feast on the jets. But then again I though Zeke was gonna feast for like the past six weeks and he’s been merely….meh.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Bob A Feet posted:

I’m facing the same predicament. If Jalen does play though I feel like he’s gonna feast on the jets. But then again I though Zeke was gonna feast for like the past six weeks and he’s been merely….meh.

Hurts gets most of his points on the ground and he's dealing with an ankle injury that could limit his mobility. He could be fine and just play through it, or it could really mess him up and be a disaster. Not a risk I want to be taking this deep in a guillotine league with other viable options out there.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I get to chose between Hurts and Bridgewater because idiots in this 12 team 1QB league have 2 and 3 QBs rostered so the waiver wire is barren.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I get to chose between Hurts and Bridgewater because idiots in this 12 team 1QB league have 2 and 3 QBs rostered so the waiver wire is barren.

https://twitter.com/realdgunn/status/1467266948509704198?s=21

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Derek Carr don’t let me down!!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1467283277618851844

Not so fast?

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Well, crap. If Hurts is out, do I pick up Burrow, Carr, or Wentz? I like Burrow, but Carr has some nice matchups this week and next week.

Guess I could also look at Minshew, too. The Jets are real bad.

ElectricRelaxation fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Dec 5, 2021

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Is Kyler Murray still a must-start if he plays? Would I be crazy if I still kept him benched for one more week for like Derek Carr (or hell, Gardner Minshew), just to see if he's back to his old self again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Vargo posted:

Is Kyler Murray still a must-start if he plays?

Yes