Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1466807148969668612

mike glennon time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Definitely going to make up for the lack of Daniel Jones (neck)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Imagine if poor Mike Glennon strains his neck

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Imagine if poor Mike Glennon strains his neck

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLPL1qRhn8

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Giants might be this year's most unwatchable team. Their games are such slogs and there's absolutely no intrigue in any of their games outside watching an Eli meltdown on Manningcasts.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fsif posted:

The Giants might be this year's most unwatchable team. Their games are such slogs and there's absolutely no intrigue in any of their games outside watching an Eli meltdown on Manningcasts.

The couple of weeks Toney was doing stuff was cool. Especially the one game he really went off, then punched someone in the helmet for some reason.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Right, if the Giants were ever healthy and could get offensive coaching in even the 25th percentile, they'd be a ton of fun to watch. Toney, Golladay, Barkley, and even Jones should be the pieces of an incredibly entertaining offense.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Right, if the Giants were ever healthy and could get offensive coaching in even the 25th percentile, they'd be a ton of fun to watch. Toney, Golladay, Barkley, and even Jones should be the pieces of an incredibly entertaining offense.

Unfortunately their offensive line is like Dolphins tier.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Actually gently caress it, someone rank and explain the following offensive lines:

Panthers
Falcons
Giants
Dolphins

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Actually gently caress it, someone rank and explain the following offensive lines:

Panthers
Falcons
Giants
Dolphins

Panthers: good right tackle in moton, 6th by PFF in the NFC and 2nd in NFC in pressures allowed. They're fine there.

Otherwise the panthers have a rotating cast of people very bad at their jobs who don't deserve mention. Notably they have a rookie RG Deonte Brown who was completely mauling people in the preseason who Ruhle won't let on the field, and also put on shorterm IR for conditioning reasons. They also have third rounder Brady Christensen, who in one start at LT did not allow a pressure, but only rotates in.

On top of being bad, the Panthers offensive line is hampered by the QB play. Obviously as Darnold regressed, defenses started blitzing and stacking the box a lot more. Which made the QB play worse. Which brought in the defenses etc. The various limitation of the offense that I don't need to list here make scheming around these deficiencies impossible. It's a worst of all worlds scenario.

Brown might get to play this week. I have no idea why Christensen isn't starting. Ideally you're in a situation where you're a high draft pick and decent FA away from fixing the line, and then a lot of these guys can go back to being backups.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kalli posted:

Panthers
Falcons
Giants
Dolphins

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The Giants offensive line has been problematic for basically a decade. They had a very good o-line from like 2006-to-2011, but then guys started aging out or getting hurt after Super Bowl XLVI. The previous regime did very little to address it before they got canned in 2017, thinking they could rely mostly on mid-late round picks and budget free agents. Ereck Flowers was the only high pick they made, who was poorly coached and constantly played in a position they didn’t fit, while guys like Marshall Newhouse and Bobby Hart were given significant reps. The only decent players in that period were C Weston Richburg and G Justin Pugh, who were solid but hardly world beaters. Once they left or got hurt, it spiraled even worse. The weakness of the offensive line was the biggest problem with the team during their collapse in 2017 and after. The current front office hasn’t done all that much better since, with a few high priced free agents and higher draft picks that haven’t worked all that well.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 3, 2021

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I’d hate to be Mike Glennon with a sore throat, godammit anyway

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Highbrow Slick posted:

the only man to have a sore throat in his entire body

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Highbrow Slick posted:

quote:

The first few minutes are the worst, Bellezzo said. “What is going to happen when that mountain comes down? If it’s gonna fall down in a bad position, possibly even break his neck, which, there's a lot of neck there to break."

Staff also gave him a full-body massage so he didn't stiffen up and lifted and lowered his head every few minutes so that his neck would stay flexible and his airway would stay open. Staff had worked out a minute-by-minute plan to treat him for more than an hour.

Why yes I have posted selected excerpts from an article about a Giraffe at a zoo getting surgery.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

Panthers
Falcons
Giants
Dolphins

I'm too lazy to explain but worst to best:

Panthers
Giants
Dolphins
Falcons

You maybe could switch the top two as well as the bottom two but I like it how it is

I know Im way late but just wanna get my 'lol, lmao' in here

also my 'well WHADDYA know'

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every week miamis OL is grading in the 30s which is like below backup level so

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Amy Pole Her posted:

Every week miamis OL is grading in the 30s which is like below backup level so

Pretty sure the other week the Panthers were in the tens

and watching the Giants is just so painful especially when they try to run the ball, the incompetence is shocking. couldn't put the dolphins any higher imo

but this is like grading how bad a certain piece of poo poo smells. it's all poo poo and it all smells real bad

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah against Miami the panthers had an all time bad performance.

Miamis issues are mainly LT and C. We’ll see what they end up doing but god get Austin Jackson and Jesse Davis off this team

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Highbrow Slick posted:

RIP Mitch

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Yes Bruce let's look into this more, especially your qb

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32779430/tampa-bay-buccaneers-coach-bruce-arians-hopes-nfl-keeps-looking-vaccination-statuses

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the giants have john ross.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Bruce isn’t that dumb.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1466814037027606530?s=20

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I hate the Steelers but lol if Prehistoric Ben knocks them out of the 1 seed

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

fsif posted:

I dont think you have seen any of the last like 6 seahawks games.

they have averaged just under 20 mins of time of possession the last 3 games

It's truly mindnumbingly boring to watch

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

EmbryoSteve posted:

I dont think you have seen any of the last like 6 seahawks games.

they have averaged just under 20 mins of time of possession the last 3 games

It's truly mindnumbingly boring to watch

They're horrid on the eyes and bottom 5 but that WFT game had a fun ending.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

If you can't beat the Steelers after the Bengals swept and throttled them so handily then frankly you don't deserve the 1 seed.

Speaking of giving excuses for my team (potentially) sucking rear end:

https://twitter.com/reinhurdler/status/1465726567494164486

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I know his upcoming book was mentioned and he was gonna talk about the atmosphere in Washington but did we know that RGIII experienced sexual harassment himself? It’s totally unsurprising given how much awful poo poo WFT has sheltered but will the NFL react differently if it’s a player vs. female employees or cheerleaders?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that thing is misleading because the bengals lost two very important defensive starters before they even played and then the backups have been lucky. that's the same as losing 8-9 starters or w/e probly. I gotta go

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DC Murderverse posted:

I know his upcoming book was mentioned and he was gonna talk about the atmosphere in Washington but did we know that RGIII experienced sexual harassment himself? It’s totally unsurprising given how much awful poo poo WFT has sheltered but will the NFL react differently if it’s a player vs. female employees or cheerleaders?

Men, especially black men, are often targets of sexual harassment as well from both men and women. Terry Crews has talked about his own harassment in Hollywood. I would not be shocked at all that RGIII was made uncomfortable by some poo poo from WFT staff.

Reminder that a large number of adult male wrestlers were molested at Ohio State while Gym Jordan was a coach there. You don't hear about the male victim cases very often, but they do exist.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

Reminder that a large number of adult male wrestlers were molested at Ohio State while Gym Jordan was a coach there. You don't hear about the male victim cases very often, but they do exist.

Or if you want a very recent horrifying example:

https://twitter.com/Globe_RI/status/1465779194445639684

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh my god I can't believe I forgot about this.

Bellmaker posted:

I cannot stress how bad the Steelers looked last week.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

fsif posted:

They're horrid on the eyes and bottom 5 but that WFT game had a fun ending.

And let's not forget the blocked extra point returned for 2

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bellmaker posted:

Marlon is at the Wizards game right now so at least he's not bedridden

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
How can the Seahawks be bad when they have Mr. UNLIMITED?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Way better continuation than expected.

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1466933455162380291?s=20

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Kalli posted:

Or if you want a very recent horrifying example:

https://twitter.com/Globe_RI/status/1465779194445639684

This is currently in the news in the NHL world

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3971794

In 2010 a coach sexually assaulted multiple active NHL players on his team.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

No surprise, but he continues to face this stuff head on and publicly, not an easy thing and I appreciate his wanting to both grow and share

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

hell yeah EG love you bro that’s awesome. should probably get a friend to hold your firearms though