Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I used to wish I could wear a mask because a well-fit black mask is goth as gently caress and just looks insanely cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

x1000

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I used to think the pandemic was cool, then it killed my grandma, floored me for a month, and seems to have permanently removed my ability to smell, now I think it kinda sucks. Also sent me to online school that I cannot fuckin manage so that's the idea of college being finished before 30 gone. Gives me an excuse to be a weird goony fucker in public though? Y'all are weird.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

It's interesting how different people can have vastly different experiences, dontyahink?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Yeah, I genuinely always feel bad hearing people talk about how much 2020 sucked for them; apologies if I came across as bragging!

I was just #blessed enough to have my work slow down, but not stop (turns out law offices always have at least SOMETHING to do), and the whole quarantine thing (around July 2020 or so) really helped me realize how bad my alcoholism had gotten, so I was able to work on tackling that and am in a much better place now. :unsmith:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I mean on a personal level 2019 was way worse than 2020, but that's just because some really bad poo poo happened to me in 2019.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My main thing was in 2020 my finances pretty much dried up as I'd been made redundant the year before and was stuck doing crappy warehouse shifts stacking meat or organising rubbish at my local tip for the whole year, and the shifts were sparse because it was just when they needed me. 2021 has been much easier because I've had a stable job so my finances have started to recover. (my severance pay was about £10,000 due to being there for 6 years, then it drained to almost nothing, now it's bounced back over the year to around £5000-6000 in my bank for the end of this year) The job is crap for a few reasons but it's more in my comfort zone and it's stable money, I've just been having trouble getting back to my real comfort zone of Tech support (which will also pay way better), it's just hard to get people to hire me especially with everyone having to work remotely - no one wants someone that they'll have to train. Hopefully next year it'll get easier to get hired as people return to the offices. I do have plenty of experience doing tech support so that's not the problem. My previous stable job was doing it for 6 years before the redundancy (although they were a poo poo company who pair minimum wage for it, literally every other tech support role I've applied to since pays way more)

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Dec 3, 2021

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I used to think the pandemic was cool, then it killed my grandma, floored me for a month, and seems to have permanently removed my ability to smell, now I think it kinda sucks. Also sent me to online school that I cannot fuckin manage so that's the idea of college being finished before 30 gone. Gives me an excuse to be a weird goony fucker in public though? Y'all are weird.

maybe don't call the person talking about their mental illness things a "weird goony fucker". I know you're having a hard time this year, it's what we're talking about, but take some deep, cleansing breaths.

Nobody's thrilled the pandemic is hurting people. They're looking at silver linings in this lovely raincloud.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

maybe don't call the person talking about their mental illness things a "weird goony fucker". I know you're having a hard time this year, it's what we're talking about, but take some deep, cleansing breaths.

Nobody's thrilled the pandemic is hurting people. They're looking at silver linings in this lovely raincloud.

Yeah, I'm curious what the "weird goony fucker" was in response to. :)

And yes, the bolded is what I meant. Apologies if it came across as anything else.

Edit: Anyway!

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1464284645521039370

Wow! A billionaire TIPS service workers? What a saint. :allears: IRS over here like "Excuse me, that money is probably ours."

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Dec 4, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean on a personal level 2019 was way worse than 2020, but that's just because some really bad poo poo happened to me in 2019.

Yeah same, some isolation from the world last year didn’t affect me too badly. I guess we’re “lucky” our previous years sucked so much!

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

2020 was rocky for me because my grandma died as lockdown happened - not from covid, but cancer (that i was sort of in denial about, because she’d beaten it several times already, she’ll beat it again right? :smith:) and once her nursing home stopped visits, she just rapidly declined and was gone in a few weeks.

anyways i thought 2020 couldn’t be topped in terms of awfulness because of trying to cope with her passing and dealing with the pandemic, except at the beginning of 2021 i was told i had cancer. and then my grandpa died the day after my surgery.

i honestly feel like life hasn’t been real since 2019.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Read After Burning posted:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1464284645521039370

Wow! A billionaire TIPS service workers? What a saint. :allears: IRS over here like "Excuse me, that money is probably ours."

Wowee, I wonder what they're paid before tips! Probably piss!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/KeepNHGranite/status/1464278243880624134

Tag yourself, I'm the Gab account link in this dude's profile.

(Also I originally did not see the "being" in Seth Rogan's tweet and was VERY confused.)

Splash Attack posted:

anyways i thought 2020 couldn’t be topped in terms of awfulness because of trying to cope with her passing and dealing with the pandemic, except at the beginning of 2021 i was told i had cancer. and then my grandpa died the day after my surgery.

Oof, I'm sorry. :(: My dad was diagnosed earlier this year and his first week of chemo almost literally killed him, so he's reluctant to go back for round two. :/ The worst part is, I can't really go see him without feeling like I'm being selfish, as he lives in Alabama, currently a mostly-unvaccinated hellhole (he's thankfully vaccinated, but most of the state is not).

My personal 2021 is definitely worse than my personal 2020, that's for sure.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Read After Burning posted:

https://twitter.com/KeepNHGranite/status/1464278243880624134

Tag yourself, I'm the Gab account link in this dude's profile.

(Also I originally did not see the "being" in Seth Rogan's tweet and was VERY confused.)

Oof, I'm sorry. :(: My dad was diagnosed earlier this year and his first week of chemo almost literally killed him, so he's reluctant to go back for round two. :/ The worst part is, I can't really go see him without feeling like I'm being selfish, as he lives in Alabama, currently a mostly-unvaccinated hellhole (he's thankfully vaccinated, but most of the state is not).

My personal 2021 is definitely worse than my personal 2020, that's for sure.

Go see your dad friend covid ain't going anywhere

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

New meme format just dropped

https://twitter.com/DarnelSugarfoo/status/1466303254623518720?t=0hcj8F1tMldkUmHTWqX8zw&s=19

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm still getting over 2005 myself.

Also, Donkey Kong is now Santa Claus

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

BioEnchanted posted:

My main thing was in 2020 my finances pretty much dried up as I'd been made redundant the year before and was stuck doing crappy warehouse shifts stacking meat or organising rubbish at my local tip for the whole year, and the shifts were sparse because it was just when they needed me. 2021 has been much easier because I've had a stable job so my finances have started to recover. (my severance pay was about £10,000 due to being there for 6 years, then it drained to almost nothing, now it's bounced back over the year to around £5000-6000 in my bank for the end of this year) The job is crap for a few reasons but it's more in my comfort zone and it's stable money, I've just been having trouble getting back to my real comfort zone of Tech support (which will also pay way better), it's just hard to get people to hire me especially with everyone having to work remotely - no one wants someone that they'll have to train. Hopefully next year it'll get easier to get hired as people return to the offices. I do have plenty of experience doing tech support so that's not the problem. My previous stable job was doing it for 6 years before the redundancy (although they were a poo poo company who pair minimum wage for it, literally every other tech support role I've applied to since pays way more)

I've honestly felt so guilty these past two years, with so many milestones happening while everyone else around us was being devastated. We got married, got a new car, got our first house, both of us got new jobs.....aside from being scared of dying because with my craptacular respiratory system catching this virus would be a death sentence, 2020-21 was pretty good to me.

Otherwise, it wasn't too bad. I had already been working remotely for 10 years (one of the reasons I got a new job when I did, the shift to remote put my experience in demand), most of my hobbies and interests didn't involve going out a lot. Really I just miss MTG tournaments and going to the Universal parks, otherwise I was already set up to cope with being the only people in Florida staying home for more than a few days last year.

My unvaccinated father and his lovely wife have COVID right now and I feel like a bad person for hoping it's pretty brutal so they have consequences for their worship of the former guy, but also to scare my brother who I also found out won't get vaccinated.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
As a jew, loving Santa Claus and destroying white civilization are my aspirations.

Hanukkah sameach everyone!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I have no clue what the gently caress this is supposed to be about.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Either racism, or a love of ugly 70s shirts.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Freaquency posted:

In proper countries, everyone is less fat and wears 70s clothes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I haven’t been in a 7-11 in a long time.

Maybe they used to look less run down?

Like I’ve seen some of those types of stores in like Japan and they look great for what they are

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I've been in 7-11s that looked alot like that, but with modern signage and fewer white people, within the last month.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

I've been in 7-11s that looked alot like that, but with modern signage and fewer white people, within the last month.
Hmmm... sounds improper somehow

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Martman posted:

Hmmm... sounds improper somehow

:thunk:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

Like I’ve seen some of those types of stores in like Japan and they look great for what they are

Japanese convenience stores are great. Get yourself an egg salad sandwich, you won't regret it (unless you are vegan and/or lactose intolerant) :kiss: In fact all the refrigerated food is very fresh, and a lot of it is nutritious too! Plus the 7-11 ATMs let you withdraw yen with your foreign bank card, which is important in a country where many businesses are cash-only.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RFC2324 posted:

you've described what that guy dislikes, and he's not a signage enthusiast

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pththya-lyi posted:

Japanese convenience stores are great. Get yourself an egg salad sandwich, you won't regret it (unless you are vegan and/or lactose intolerant) :kiss: In fact all the refrigerated food is very fresh, and a lot of it is nutritious too! Plus the 7-11 ATMs let you withdraw yen with your foreign bank card, which is important in a country where many businesses are cash-only.

Yeah it was weird being in an actual 7-11 for the first time in ages and going “woah there’s actual food for sale here even at like 4am with half of it disassembled for cleaning”

I still got bomb rear end variety store nachos with most of the trimmings, and the missing ones were again because it was currently disassembled for cleaning

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've spent most of the past year with two teeth missing while waiting for an implant to heal so masks were very convenient for me :wmwink:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pththya-lyi posted:

This also applies to Germany, so now I'm wondering what the gently caress the Axis was hiding.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Freaquency posted:

Customers include a man wearing a suit and a woman dressed modestly from neck to ankles with no scandalous hints of legs, but what they're really excited about is the fact that the people behind the counter are white.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How'd they take a picture from inside a nicotine stain?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

did we
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
Most 7-11s I go in still look like it's 1973, funny enough

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm still getting over 2005 myself.

Also, Donkey Kong is now Santa Claus

Donkey Kong is actually my tree topper.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GWBBQ posted:

Customers include a man wearing a suit and a woman dressed modestly from neck to ankles with no scandalous hints of legs, but what they're really excited about is the fact that the people behind the counter are white.

I think her skirt ends mid-thigh, so he’s a pervert.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Subjunctive posted:

I think her skirt ends mid-thigh, so he’s a pervert.

I believe in 1973, the correct term would be "she's a manipulative whore"

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Donkey Kong is actually my tree topper.

we get it you watch GDQ

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Not many people say yellow is their favorite color, so its nice to see it still has a few stans out there

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

I haven’t been in a 7-11 in a long time.

Maybe they used to look less run down?

Convenience stores in Japan are some of the best things ever

Lawson 4 lyfe

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Elephant Ambush posted:

Convenience stores in Japan are some of the best things ever

Lawson 4 lyfe

Heck yes, when I land at Haneda or Narita my first order of business is getting a fruit sandwich before catching the train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Picnic Princess posted:

fruit sandwich

they really do live in the future

I've had a noodle sandwich before but my backwoods, pedestrian brain never would have thought to put fruit and whipped cream between two slices of bread