Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Bullfrog posted:

yeah, so this is it then. the bad ending. we're all going to get it. some of us will die. others will live and have trouble walking up stairs or remembering things for the rest of their lives.

good luck goons

lol, lmao
kefka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Thoguh posted:

I clicked on their twitter and now the COVID thread and doomsday econ threads are melding.

https://twitter.com/comicconla/status/1466616304438153216?s=21

Gonna mint an Omicron NFT

:suicide:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Palladium posted:

good thing we have an economy based on buying things we never gonna use

*Finally finishes stacking 259 varieties of flavored schnapps on top of each other.* "Overproduction!" I say with a bow and a flourish.

My agent sighs and leans back in the chair. "That's a hell of an act. What do you call it?"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Thoguh posted:

I clicked on their twitter and now the COVID thread and doomsday econ threads are melding.

https://twitter.com/comicconla/status/1466616304438153216?s=21

Gonna mint an Omicron NFT

holy crap lol

https://twitter.com/djizlo/status/1466665729835429888?s=20

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Bullfrog posted:

norway case: 1 omi infected ~60 people
anime case: 1 omi infected ~17 people.

double vaxxed nj case having moderate symptoms, went to hospital

we are so hosed

hahahaHAHAHAHA

open mother loving biden

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

HiroProtagonist posted:

yea tho this, as someone who is almost positive i had OG rona before poo poo even started getting shut down originally, the possibility of vaxxed *and* recovered people getting reinfected worries me more than i've been this whole time for my own well being

was just sick last weekend and got brain fog, was extremely worried i had rona but two home tests and a neg PCR test suggested it was just regular old seasonal flu still makes me feel like i dodged a bullet

i honestly believe I’ve already had it twice, i had one experience in June (working customer-facing grocery when there was no mask mandate) that felt very similar (obviously not as life-threatening) to when I got delta close to a year later at the peak here. i did test negative the first time though, but i have some poo poo going on that might have wrecked the efficiency of the PCR test

both times sucked! no one deserves this poo poo period!

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1466959741704409089

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Trixie Hardcore posted:

On the bright side everywhere will have to install ramps and benches and no one will expect you to remember anything or be on time.

finally, an adhd-friendly world that i can live in

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Zeriel posted:

Doesn't that peg the r0 value at about 17 or 18

lol
lmao

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Trixie Hardcore posted:

On the bright side everywhere will have to install ramps and benches and no one will expect you to remember anything or be on time.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Zeriel posted:

Doesn't that peg the r0 value at about 17 or 18

lol

R0 of about 20 was what was initially theorized no?

jesus christ lol gently caress everything

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

hello ladies!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Why Am I So Tired posted:

It was honestly the most hope for change I'd felt since the vaccines were first announced.

don't worry, you'll learn not to do that

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

jetz0r posted:

don't worry, you'll learn not to do that

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

durrneez posted:

finally, an adhd-friendly world that i can live in

:yeah:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HiroProtagonist posted:

suck and gently caress summer was the blue line in the middle here

mildly asymptotic

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

$catgirl lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Real Mean Queen posted:

Goddamn there’s nothing worse than nerds trying to stock a bar. What on earth do you need that many kinds of rum for? Why is there peach schnapps? Why is there triple sec without any visible tequila? The whole thing screams “my sixteen year old girlfriend likes sweet drinks.”

two types of bitters and no vermouth. every time I look at the photo I get a little bit more bewildered. mostly, it's the lack of imagination that gets me. like, at least get some banana liqueur or rootbeer schnaps or something

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

2 $catgirls 1 cup

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

fosborb posted:

2 $catgirls 1 cup

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/luke__cooper/status/1466927775407738883

uh

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1466884749989920778

The last wolf is literally consuming the villagers as we speak.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
mild munchies

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1466948856780931077

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
getting flashbacks to the thread looking at India in March/April and just going slack-jawed at the utter devastation

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Zisky posted:

Being proven right just feels worse and worse every time. It's not like anybody ever admits they were wrong.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Omelta?

Delmicron?

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Cases in on rise in the ED, if this acts like previous waves it will really kick off in two weeks. Just in time for the Holidays.

Of course the next round of staffing cuts hits in January…

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

finally, a dinky-di Aussie variant

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Arivia posted:

i honestly believe I’ve already had it twice, i had one experience in June (working customer-facing grocery when there was no mask mandate) that felt very similar (obviously not as life-threatening) to when I got delta close to a year later at the peak here. i did test negative the first time though, but i have some poo poo going on that might have wrecked the efficiency of the PCR test

both times sucked! no one deserves this poo poo period!

this is anecdotal reporting so take it with a grain of salt, but i'm the type of person who never gets sick relative to most people, but if something is going around I am usually the first to catch it and the first to recover cause i guess my immune system is just metal as gently caress or something. the last two times i was sick was late Feb. 2020 and late Nov. 2021 (almost two whole years) and both were almost the same, the only difference was that i got a flu shot early winter 2019. both occasions i was laid up with flu lasting the better part of a week that ranks up the worst in my experience, and as far as being sick is concerned, was only topped by a (much, MUCH) earlier experience with full blown streptococcus tonsillitis (so, not a virus).

like the timing is so suspicious i have a hard time believing its coincidental.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

This is the dumbest loving Vince "im not owned im not owned" Racaniello take yet.

It's like OK, where would amino acid substitutions be a problem, then? Oh, exactly in all these loving places? Case closed dipshit.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

mildly asymptotic

yep

its funny when i say "this is approaching asymptotic" and they go "so if its asymptomatic whats the big deal?"

lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nodelphi posted:

Cases in on rise in the ED, if this acts like previous waves it will really kick off in two weeks. Just in time for the Holidays.

Of course the next round of staffing cuts hits in January…

Advent here has turned their ICU into a covid ward

my hospital is turning their dump floors into covid floors again

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/omicron-patient-escaped-karnataka-tracking-10-missing-passengers-2635841
ayyyyy lmao rip india

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1287574309410570240

That’s the other July.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

Advent here has turned their ICU into a covid ward

my hospital is turning their dump floors into covid floors again

idk how hospital staff aren't broken by this poo poo, this is going to be the biggest one

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
lmao the infectious disease slack appears to be posting master and commander memes involving lots of cannon

i will leave it to the savvy c-spam covid thread to determine the meaning

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I kind of wonder if we would have made it through the holidays without the media pushing covid stories if not for omicron

Like the steady 1k dead a day we've had for months hasn't registered with anyone who doesn't want to know , I doubt a few weeks of 4k would either

Schnorkles posted:

lmao the infectious disease slack appears to be posting master and commander memes involving lots of cannon

i will leave it to the savvy c-spam covid thread to determine the meaning

we should hang out with one good friend?

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Fear Of Missing Omicron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Morbus posted:

Fear Of Missing Omicron

I know that it just got refreshed, but this would be a good thread title.