Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Your Chronicle is much more tolerable on the second reincarnation, as better automatization gets unlocked. I really wish the game had action automatization unlocked earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ovenmaster posted:

Godsbane Idle question: do the collectible items in the early zones (or anywhere) have a special reward for merging to a certain level, like in NGU? Or are they just for zone completion and fueling the Heartcore?

Also an early game 'tip': if you can get up to 12 paragon levels (will take some hours, but shouldn't be too hard - you can buy some with memories as well), there's a notable talent called Giantblood - it's basically directly left of the starting area. It makes it so you do 200% of your health regen as damage every time you regain 25% of stamina. Stack some health regen from gear + paragon and it becomes very powerful, and helps you clear a lot faster.

No idea if there are better options (the paragon tree isn't exactly easy to navigate), but it's certainly better than just picking flat dmg or health bonus stuff.

The first 100 points worth of item you destroy gets you the special reward on the tooltip; the next 500 points give you ascension bonus (2% per 100). Dont think there's any reward other than that.

I also went for Giantsblood and was pretty surprised how effective it was. Honestly just went that direction because HP regen is super useful, but the DoT from Giantsblood is incredibly helpful too.

I think going right on the paragon tree might work out too? I've had poison on my skill and it seems pretty devastating, so I think you could do some good things by raising your poison chance.

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015
How hard is it to Respec in godsbane? I love experimenting with different builds so if this allows me to do that I'm pretty interested.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Giant Octopus posted:

How hard is it to Respec in godsbane? I love experimenting with different builds so if this allows me to do that I'm pretty interested.

From the few hours I played everything that you got points in had a big reset button you could freely press at any time.

I like the concept and am interested in the development long term but I'm not a fan of the current build just didn't click felt like my choices had no impact on anything. People seem to be finding fun progressing in it though so some people seem to have it clicking.

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.

Giant Octopus posted:

Your attack skills can be freely respecced, while the Paragon tree (aka the big Path of Exile style talent tree) can only be respecced each time you Awaken. There's a cooldown on Awakening of 1 hour, so it's not the biggest hurdle (just be sure to tick the 'reset Paragon on Awakening' option in the Awakening tab) but it does require a small amount of planning if you're intending to respec often.

Eventually you can buy an unlimited respec button, once you have enough Eternal points.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

pixaal posted:

I like the concept and am interested in the development long term but I'm not a fan of the current build just didn't click felt like my choices had no impact on anything. People seem to be finding fun progressing in it though so some people seem to have it clicking.

The problem is that many things are weird and unexplained. Like what causes the maximum souls to increase (you can increase with memories but it also increases by itself). Another thing is the charges. The UI and equipment shows them long before they are unlocked.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

MikusR posted:

The problem is that many things are weird and unexplained. Like what causes the maximum souls to increase (you can increase with memories but it also increases by itself). Another thing is the charges. The UI and equipment shows them long before they are unlocked.

The cause and effect in this game is a complete black box. I have no idea how to influence anything, when and why points are awarded and what is going to happen after an awakening. I've still got it running but wouldn't at all recommend it.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It took a bit of poking around but I think I figured out how most everything works in Gosbane Idle. The tutorials are a bit poorly written but they do help, and otherwise most information is written somewhere.

The only thing that really bothers me is that there are some stats I can't actually figure out what the total is. Most notably status effects: even in the stats breakdown screen there's nothing that just tells me my final total chance to inflict poison. It's got individual stats breakdowns for chance to inflict poison, chance to inflict poison/burn/bleed, and chance to inflict any status effect, and I can grab the base chance from my skill. I'd have to do the math myself though, and I'm not entirely sure I know how all these different modifiers work with each other, plus I don't know if you get reduced effectiveness in later stages like counter or crit. It's honestly just kind of a mess.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Godsbane is... interesting?
Been poking at it since it came up here, and it's certainly shows it's a work in progress.
For one thing, seemed to lose an autosave earlier today; so remember to local save regularly.
Stats section could use some better organization at least; s'also Unbound Blood in paragon I don't know if the HP regen it offers is bugged or the stats aren't updating correctly.
Info the way it is, s'kinda hard to tell :v:

anywho, aside from all that think I can answer why maximum souls goes up on its own: It ticks up by 1 when you kill an enemy.
will it scale with higher areas? will there be upgrades to boost this number? no clue.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

When you max the default skill it lets you hit two enemies at once, so you start gaining souls faster as soon as you're farming the later mobs in a zone (or in zone 3 where there's 2 mobs at the start and 3 by the end). Looks like there's also upgrades farther down the line to multiply your soul gain, so presumably you'd start getting more than 1 per kill at that stage.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
It does seem to work that way. Ticks for weapon skill and soul cap, but I don’t know if there’s a max per ascension or what. I’m about halfway through the third zone and that’s where you hit three mobs per spawn, I’d expect four is not much further, but it does take some time. It’s pretty slow right now, but I’m okay with it. Gives me about life 10-15 minutes of play every 4 ish hours.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Idle Skilling is good enough i had to delete it off my phone lol. If it was on my computer i think it'd be easier but the fact that I can only play it as a mobile app meant I just... ended up fixating on it and wasting tons of time.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Nea posted:

Idle Skilling is good enough i had to delete it off my phone lol. If it was on my computer i think it'd be easier but the fact that I can only play it as a mobile app meant I just... ended up fixating on it and wasting tons of time.

Good news! It's on Kongregate! Don't think there's any way to transfer saves, though.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Kongregate is also like an update behind though for Idle Skilling though. The whole thing was weird cause Lavaflame burned out hard and switched to Idleon. He said he plans to make an "ending" for IS though that's in Lavaflame time which means like 2035 or something.

Arcanuse posted:

Godsbane is... interesting?
Been poking at it since it came up here, and it's certainly shows it's a work in progress.
For one thing, seemed to lose an autosave earlier today; so remember to local save regularly.
Stats section could use some better organization at least; s'also Unbound Blood in paragon I don't know if the HP regen it offers is bugged or the stats aren't updating correctly.
Info the way it is, s'kinda hard to tell :v:

anywho, aside from all that think I can answer why maximum souls goes up on its own: It ticks up by 1 when you kill an enemy.
will it scale with higher areas? will there be upgrades to boost this number? no clue.

It's funny cause I was in the beta for a bit early this year, and then got bored. It has a good potential foundation, but then gets kind of tedious and uninteresting. Bummer that it didn't develop a ton.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Also Kong is probably not long for the world, they don't accept new games. I wouldn't start anything there anytime soon.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Good news! It's on Kongregate! Don't think there's any way to transfer saves, though.

I tried it there, flash is broken and the weird workaround they offered didn't work for me!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Flash isn't broken so much as every browse has finally hard disabled it like they have been saying they are going to do for a decade. I haven't looked into it but back in like 2002 I used to download flash games for offline play by grabbing the .sfw (I think this is the extension) file from the source and downloading it then loading it using flash editor in run mode locally. You'd likely have to do something similar and hope the online hooks work in whatever you are using to run it.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
this has already been posted but

https://semenar.itch.io/incremental-game-jam-game

The incremental game jam game is kinda cool. Starts off a little slow, and then branches out to a big grab-bag of smaller incremental games. Some of them are hit-or-miss, but overall a neat experience.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
Another new one is https://zakuro98.github.io/EXP-Simulator/ It's simple and imho quite good looking for a pure text based UI. In a couple prestiges you unlock automation and autoclicking.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

MikusR posted:

Another new one is https://zakuro98.github.io/EXP-Simulator/ It's simple and imho quite good looking for a pure text based UI. In a couple prestiges you unlock automation and autoclicking.

Is there some trick to making these browser games run when they aren't the tab you're looking at?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Sekhmnet posted:

Is there some trick to making these browser games run when they aren't the tab you're looking at?

It uses to be a separate window would work, but I’m not sure if it still does.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Sekhmnet posted:

Try:
chrome://flags/ , then toggle "Calculate window occlusion on Windows" to disabled. Obviously only if using chrome.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Sekhmnet posted:

New window in Firefox

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

MikusR posted:

Why does it get increasingly harder to gain PP after buying the limit break prestige upgrade? What's the logic here? Before I could always get a PP when hitting 60, which was easy, now I have to go to 125, increasing every time, and it takes ages. Am I missing something?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Oenis posted:

Why does it get increasingly harder to gain PP after buying the limit break prestige upgrade? What's the logic here? Before I could always get a PP when hitting 60, which was easy, now I have to go to 125, increasing every time, and it takes ages. Am I missing something?

You stop getting PP completely once you have enough for all the starter upgrades and the limit break. After limit break the game seems more about timing prestiges to stack AMP as much as possible to hit those higher levels for more PP.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Godsbane Idle:

Turns out the itch.io standalone app is just a chrome wrapper, and the game has serious backgrounding issues in that as well. Left it for a few hours and the overall timer advanced, but the individual actions only saw around 40 minutes of progression. A bit disappointing.

Also disappointed that the first Titan-style unlock is on 3 hour cooldown from start of run. That seems pretty poo poo, given that the game really likes 1hr runs. Also, I do not understand why the boss/currency tabs (and the next zone) relocked, unlike the others I had opened up.

The game is still seeing active development, apparently, but it's REALLY unpolished to the level that I think I'm gonna bounce, because it's just too annoying to deal with all the unfinished bits.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Toshimo posted:

Godsbane Idle:

Turns out the itch.io standalone app is just a chrome wrapper, and the game has serious backgrounding issues in that as well. Left it for a few hours and the overall timer advanced, but the individual actions only saw around 40 minutes of progression. A bit disappointing.

Also disappointed that the first Titan-style unlock is on 3 hour cooldown from start of run. That seems pretty poo poo, given that the game really likes 1hr runs. Also, I do not understand why the boss/currency tabs (and the next zone) relocked, unlike the others I had opened up.

The game is still seeing active development, apparently, but it's REALLY unpolished to the level that I think I'm gonna bounce, because it's just too annoying to deal with all the unfinished bits.

Welcome to the same conclusion, brother. It's got some good ideas and executes none of them well.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Welcome to the same conclusion, brother. It's got some good ideas and executes none of them well.

So...Path of Exile?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

So...Path of Exile?

This is a wrong statement.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Zotix posted:

This is a wrong statement.

is it tho

how do you think the path got exiled in the first place

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I bailed on godsbane because the cloud save vanished when chrome restarted, and my local save was over 3 (calendar) days old because only 20 hours had elapsed in-game since the last manual save.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Oh my god, Idle Skilling is both amazing and completely overwhelming. What the hell should I be focusing on Ascension wise? I can’t even start wrapping my head around Masteries or any of the other five screens full of things to unlock.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Is Idle skilling not available on MacOS or iOS? Just confirming

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Cobalt60 posted:

Is Idle skilling not available on MacOS or iOS? Just confirming

Idle Skilling is on iOS. It's an update behind what Android is on, I believe, though.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm suddenly finding myself feeling very dense: is it not possible to rearrange my pets in Idle Skilling? Wherever they pop up when they hatch is where they'll always be?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

You can rearrange them in the Codex/Book/whatever it is called

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

MikusR posted:

Got to the presumed end of this one in about 72 hours or so. I dunno, didn't like it so much. Very much feels like a first js project game without the fun flavor of wigs or pachinko

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Looking for some recommendations. My buddies and I kind of like to all play idle games at the same time. We just finished Pachinkidle, are all currently at some random stage of Evolve, loved Wig Maker, etc etc.

What are some good ones that might be up our alley? I think something like idleon would be a bit much. We really enjoy "click the box" and "balance supply line" type stuff.

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 9, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

click box? You played succubox? https://www.glaielgames.com/succubox/ it's a parody of lootboxes, and there's a joke step that some goons missed where you need to buy a lootbox for "real money" it's an in game currency (though I think you can actually use paypal to donate and get some hilariously small amount of in game stuff as a joke reward). It's not a long game, you in no way need to give the dev money unless you enjoy it enough that you want to give them money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Loop Odyssey just released, looks like basically Idle Loops with pictures which is everything I want.

I'm surprised it didn't release into Early Access, but it was in private beta for a while so hopefully any issues have been ironed out.

The fact that there's only 3 steam achievements makes me wonder if it's kinda light, though the Reddit post claims it has "80+ hours of semi-idle gameplay"