Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Digital Jedi suffers through this poo poo so we don't have to and I salute them for it because I get to see what few seconds of the show are worth watching

That clip of Drew and Jeff is so sad I feel bad for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

flatluigi posted:

i skipped through that stream clip as well, did brock successfully bully sami into putting up his title shot that night as well

Yes. Two non-combatants propped up the contender who did not indicate he was ready to compete after he was destroyed by a third non-combatant and that was a match for the title won via a battle royal.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The hilarious thing is, that first clip where Brock goads Sami into having the match tonight actually came off as pretty entertaining, and then it leads to him standing in the ring for 30 minutes to lose in less time than it takes to melt shredded cheese in the microwave.

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 4, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Psychepath posted:

Yes. Two non-combatants propped up the contender who did not indicate he was ready to compete after he was destroyed by a third non-combatant and that was a match for the title won via a battle royal.

i'm sure they're going to book sami to whine about it until his contract runs out

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

15 minutes of wrestling on a 2 hour wrestling show

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

i can't believe this but also i absolutely can

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Abroham Lincoln posted:

15 minutes of wrestling on a 2 hour wrestling show

no wonder wwe fans insist nobody cares about the actual matches if that's what they get when matches happen

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I was an idiot and watched it, that's exactly what happened.

It's funny, Sami's whole gimmick is that he's convinced there's a conspiracy that's holding him down and it's clearly intended to be a shot at fans who believe that Sami's intentionally being misused. But you look at an episode closer like that and...good lord they really don't want to give Sami any opportunity to get over, do they? Like a Sami/Roman match would probably be really loving good! But nope, gotta sell another round of Brock/Roman, let's make you stand in a ring like an idiot and then make you bump with no benefit to you or your career.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Renaissance Spam posted:

I was an idiot and watched it, that's exactly what happened.

It's funny, Sami's whole gimmick is that he's convinced there's a conspiracy that's holding him down and it's clearly intended to be a shot at fans who believe that Sami's intentionally being misused. But you look at an episode closer like that and...good lord they really don't want to give Sami any opportunity to get over, do they? Like a Sami/Roman match would probably be really loving good! But nope, gotta sell another round of Brock/Roman, let's make you stand in a ring like an idiot and then make you bump with no benefit to you or your career.

Yeah, it's weird because it's like "Oh nice, Sami is on TV and, like, peripherally evolved in the main event angle but he's just an idiot loser." He gives it his all tbf

Is it all but confirmed that he and Owens are on their way out?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

ever been to a tv taping? it's exactly like that

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sami's post-show tweet

https://twitter.com/dril/status/432616623225049088?lang=en

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

Digital Jedi suffers through this poo poo so we don't have to and I salute them for it because I get to see what few seconds of the show are worth watching

That clip of Drew and Jeff is so sad I feel bad for them

I love the updates myself. I love knowing what’s going on. My question is why? I’m concerned for digital Jedi the individual . We can probably piece together what happened on the Bullshit Raw or whatever, if we care, which we shouldn’t. The king may take joy from the jesters mummery, and the jester may seem fit in the station. But the just king consults the mummers mind , IMO. Maybe WWE marks feel different

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I think you’re all great!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Is it all but confirmed that he and Owens are on their way out?

If your deal is close to up and hasn’t been extended longterm it’s a safe bet you’re at least seriously considering not sticking around

Everyone knows Gargano’s done this month, AEW is actively teasing like even they know O’Reilly is done this month

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JFC. Just pile this on to one of the many reasons why I stopped watching.

These shows are timed out to the minute and somebody thought this was good TV

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I actually had the last 30 mins of Smackdown on tonight because I was killing time until Jeopardy come on. This is what happened. I noted when Sami came out because I knew the main event wasn't going 30 loving minutes and remembered Rey had to do that crap a few weeks ago. It's astounding to watch in real time. Although it was the most personality I've seen out of Lesnar in a long time. All 3 guys did a good job at what they were doing, it's just that what they were doing was stupid and pointless.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That DICK! posted:

I love the updates myself. I love knowing what’s going on. My question is why? I’m concerned for digital Jedi the individual . We can probably piece together what happened on the Bullshit Raw or whatever, if we care, which we shouldn’t. The king may take joy from the jesters mummery, and the jester may seem fit in the station. But the just king consults the mummers mind , IMO. Maybe WWE marks feel different

I like Jedi's posting and like the effort he puts in. But I also wonder why he does this thankless task. Once I asked a question about something in one of the Raw updates and he was like "i dunno, i don't even read these" which just raises more questions!

Maybe it's a cry for help like my Jeopardy twitter not a single person reads.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's reminiscent of when a guy (who I think is now Edward Mass) would do a GDT of Impact each week that noone would ever post in, but I remember reading the new OP each week just incase something interesting ever happened

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
people would post in CaptainYesterday's TNA threads, except CaptainYesterday wouldnt

didnt even read the thread, would just post the gdt and be done til next week

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I like how Roman did his full slomo entrance while Sami was rolling around the ring in agony.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

SG Bamboo posted:

It's reminiscent of when a guy (who I think is now Edward Mass) would do a GDT of Impact each week that noone would ever post in, but I remember reading the new OP each week just incase something interesting ever happened

Posters like that are cool.

Just like how Edge & Christian will pop in with lists of matches when some random topic is mentioned like they're some kind of wrestling Alexa (not the goo puking kind).

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ad by Khad posted:

people would post in CaptainYesterday's TNA threads, except CaptainYesterday wouldnt

didnt even read the thread, would just post the gdt and be done til next week

My mistake, i've got memories empty threads with like a one line OP but I must be confusing it with something else

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

1glitch0 posted:

Posters like that are cool.

Just like how Edge & Christian will pop in with lists of matches when some random topic is mentioned like they're some kind of wrestling Alexa (not the goo puking kind).

I once considered doing that for 205 Live in 2017 since I still always put it on right after smackdown. I don't regret not doing it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net...ornedbeetle.mp4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jeff Hardy apparently still living in 2018 when flossing was last a thing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jeff Hardy is the most over guy in the company

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

What is it with WWE and babyfaces constantly stealing hats?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

In my experience, preteen and teen boys are obsessed with yoinking hats from other kids. Vince has regressed to teen/preteen. Looking forward to the WWE storylines when he regresses further to a toddler’s level

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

a cyborg mug posted:

In my experience, preteen and teen boys are obsessed with yoinking hats from other kids. Vince has regressed to teen/preteen. Looking forward to the WWE storylines when he regresses further to a toddler’s level

Roman Reigns biggest challenge will be object permanence

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

Roman Reigns biggest challenge will be object permanence

In today’s opening 30-minute promo, Seth Rollins decides whether his favorite shape is circle or triangle

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Dec 4, 2021

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

In a backstage segment, Sasha Banks and Bayley throw a massive tantrum

Edit: oh wait

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Rarity posted:

Jeff Hardy apparently still living in 2018 when flossing was last a thing

That was flossing?

Why was I under the impression that Jeff Hardy could dance?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Vince McMahon shits himself in life tv. Work or shoot? You decide!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That was flossing?

Why was I under the impression that Jeff Hardy could dance?

Just look at him go!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Vince McMahon shits himself in life tv. Work or shoot? You decide!

Sometimes you try to work a poo poo and end up working yourself into a poo poo, brother

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Poop on my show brother VKM

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

SG Bamboo posted:

My mistake, i've got memories empty threads with like a one line OP but I must be confusing it with something else

Yeah it did kinda get like that towards the end, Destination America era

But for a good while there would be a GDT every week and every week there would be replies "CaptainYesterday do you even watch this show" and they would not get an answer

Good times tbh

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Vince can’t stand sneezing cause it’s involuntary but is cool with involuntarily making GBS threads himself. Money is the only reason he’s not in a nursing home.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TheKingslayer posted:

Just look at him go!

Man I just had a big moment hitting me remembering this man is in his mid-40s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Psychepath posted:

Lesnar/Reigns is legit the worst feud of all time. It feels like it happens six months a year every year, storylines and characters are sacrificed every time it pops up, and the guy they want to look good is always, always chumped out by the enormous physically charismatic dude who the young roster gets fired to pay for.

It's the new Cena/Orton, and is retroactively making me think "by comparison Cena/Orton wasn't this bad".