Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Paladinus posted:

Please, forward me the invite, I'll join if I have time.

deep fake AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Maximo Roboto posted:

It is somewhat imaginable that the person who picked the flag was ignorant enough to not realize what those lightning bolts were, or thought it was a heavy metal thing, or just thought they looked cool

trap sprung

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I thought the n-word was just a cool word with a fun double g alignment, that's why I spraypainted it on my neighbor's house, you can't be mad at me for ignorance

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

sexpig by night posted:

I thought the n-word was just a cool word with a fun double g alignment, that's why I spraypainted it on my neighbor's house, you can't be mad at me for ignorance

the % venn overlap of stupid, coward and evil of the average american grunt is next to 100%

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Maximo Roboto posted:

It is somewhat imaginable that the person who picked the flag was ignorant enough to not realize what those lightning bolts were, or thought it was a heavy metal thing, or just thought they looked cool

why do you think this? we’re you tricked into flying a nazi flag once?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

why do you think this? we’re you tricked into flying a nazi flag once?

I was buying some Navratri decorations once and bought this giant swastika with a red background. I open up the package and find out it's a giant nazi flag. :doh:

I'm sure it happens to people all the time.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sexpig by night posted:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

I remember people would excuse that by saying they were Scout Snipers

it can be both

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

meanwhile in washington state, they have been widening the same 15 mile stretch of freeway for 30+ years

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Maximo Roboto posted:

I don't think so.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

This screenshot makes it look like a live televised debate between Putin and Biden. That would be way funnier so I think they should just do that instead.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That or some sort of overly dramatic primetime Fox gameshow.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I was thinking a high stake e-sport game between Putin and Biden where they wager on Uktaine rebel regions.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

stephenthinkpad posted:

I was thinking a high stake e-sport game between Putin and Biden where they wager on Uktaine rebel regions.

wow. just wow. the world doesn't belong to putin or biden

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Maximo Roboto posted:

lol c'mon bro

in tviv there was a poster who thought the superhero stormfront who killed a bunch of black civilians wasn't a white supremist, this would be even more credulous.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColinCrooks1/status/1466913007892844547

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The Washington Post and New York times are claiming that russia plans to invade Ukraine in early 2022, which now makes me certain that this 'invasion' is never gonna happen.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Maximo Roboto posted:

yeah I mean compared to like holding a hypercube in your brain, imagining that is relatively easy, yes

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

The Washington Post and New York times are claiming that russia plans to invade Ukraine in early 2022, which now makes me certain that this 'invasion' is never gonna happen.

Consent manufacturing machine really needs to decide where to focus.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
lol

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
maintaining imperialism via tennis shenanigans feels a little on the nose

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

If the Chinese government had said anything at all about the WTA cancelling already canceled events that article would be complaining about them using this ordeal for Nationalist Propaganda

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DiscountDildos posted:

If the Chinese government had said anything at all about the WTA cancelling already canceled events that article would be complaining about them using this ordeal for Nationalist Propaganda

it's just like the lab leak poo poo and every other inquisitorial logic bullshit authorities pull. If they say 'no we didn't do this' they're lying. If they ignore the fake accusations they're clearly too scared to reveal how angry and scared they REALLY are. If anyone from China says 'what no I live there and this isn't happening' they're brainwashed agents of the state. There's a million options to use as long as it's never 'maybe this didn't happen then'.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SrCMpP9H0g

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Al-Saqr posted:

didnt this happen last year around the the same time? or was that 2 years ago

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

so are they chinese or japanese?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lollontee posted:

didnt this happen last year around the the same time? or was that 2 years ago

It happened back in April.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I’m not defending those people flying that flag, I’m saying you’re all overestimating their historical knowledge lmao

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

It’s not making them look at any better because it’s saying that they’re too dumb to realize they were flying a Nazi symbol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Hitler was, by far, the most talented dancer in his crew. Someone who was “…mesmerizing to watch. He had a looseness and a fluidity that defied physics. [He] was incredibly handsome, tall, lithe, muscular, with beautiful, smooth skin, big teeth, and a great smile. …And all he did was dance.” Hitler soon became the star attraction of the group. The other dancers would warm up the crowd before he would make his grand entrance — usually with the crowd chanting in a wild frenzy, “Go Hitler! Go Hitler! Go Hitler! Go Hitler!” Needless to say, because of Hitler the group won many dance competitions, which, in turn, afforded them increased notoriety.

At this point you may be wondering: Why would someone name their child Hitler?

Part of the reasoning has to do with the way black people in South Africa choose names. From colonial times through the days of apartheid, black people were required to have an English name in addition to their African names. African names were carefully chosen and carried deep personal meanings. English names, likely required so white people could pronounce them, were chosen at random. They were usually picked from the Bible, based on a Hollywood celebrity, or even because of a famous politician in the news. In fact, some names, in addition to Hitler, included individuals named Mussolini, Napoleon, and Bruce Lee.

We also need to understand that there are many histories, and they are all taught in different ways. In many educational systems, history is mostly taught as a bunch of facts to be memorized, regurgitated on a test, and then inevitably forgotten. Kids learning about World War II in South Africa were not being taught to think critically about Hitler, anti-Semitism, or the Holocaust. Neither were they learning that the racist policies of apartheid were inspired by the racist policies of the Third Reich. So in that context, the name Hitler would not carry the same offensive connotation for South Africans as, for example, the name Cecil Rhodes would.

With increased notoriety, the group started being booked in the suburbs. This change meant that they were DJ’ing more and more for white people, and thus came the invitation to perform at the King David School—a Jewish school.

The school was hosting a “cultural day” (a diversity program, so to speak), and The South African B-Boys, was one among Greek dancers, flamenco dancers, Zulu musicians, and many others. The B-Boys were anxious and ready to entertain an entire hall filled with Jewish kids. They start playing, the crew starts dancing, and by all accounts everyone present—the teachers, the chaperones, the parents, and the hundreds of kids—were having a great time.

The crowd was finally ready, and they were introduced to the star performer with a cheer of “Give it up and make some noise for HIIIIIIIITTTTTTTLLLLLLLEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!”

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lol at dumbass liberals coming as usual to the literally rear end backwards conclusion that the third reich was what inspired apartheid

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

lol at dumbass liberals coming as usual to the literally rear end backwards conclusion that the third reich was what inspired apartheid

we just need to figure out who the rear end in a top hat was that inspired the third reich and we'll know who to hate!

what's that? We know? Fantastic let's get those fucks!!!

Oh...oh my...well who's to say who inspired what

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

all those white people in africa were so genteel and well behaved before hitler came along and filled their heads with these crazy ideas

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Maximo Roboto posted:

It’s not making them look at any better because it’s saying that they’re too dumb to realize they were flying a Nazi symbol

It's more than plausible that one ignorant fool doesn't know anything about Nazi aesthetics, but not the entire unit.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Hitler was inspired by the Turks

speaking of which, holy poo poo

quote:

In 1899 John Hay, U.S. Secretary of State, asked the American ambassador to Ottoman Turkey, Oscar Straus, to approach Sultan Abdul Hamid II to use his position as caliph to order the Tausūg people of the Sultanate of Sulu in the Philippines to submit to American suzerainty and American military rule; the Sultan obliged them and wrote the letter which was sent to Sulu via Mecca. As a result, the "Sulu Mohammedans ... refused to join the insurrectionists and had placed themselves under the control of our army, thereby recognizing American sovereignty."[53][54]

dta

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/tankmctankytank/status/1466756596411871232

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/WilliamYang120/status/1467022669447307269

so ive been reading back issues of the china daily and ive found it fairly remarkable just how little the articles ever mention the united states like whole issues will go by without ever mentioning the united states once while every other article is just domestic development plans or the latest belt and road news or whatever people at the latest conventions were talking about

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/shen_shiwei/status/1466420369846415378

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WilliamYang120/status/1467022669447307269

so ive been reading back issues of the china daily and ive found it fairly remarkable just how little the articles ever mention the united states like whole issues will go by without ever mentioning the united states once while every other article is just domestic development plans or the latest belt and road news or whatever people at the latest conventions were talking about

"Why is the Chinese government, like, so obsessed with the US?"

lol Jesus christ