Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I saw one in Walmart a week ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Lumbermouth posted:

Have people been able to find Switch OLEDs recently? My cursory googling has informed me that it’s been easier to find them in-store but all the local Targets have been out of stock.

Canada.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I saw a mudcrab once.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm really enjoying Metroid Dread, but the writing just feels incredibly extraneous. Every time I find a network room the computer gives me a call to say something like "Samus. This is a very dangerous area. There is probably a valuable upgrade nearby that will help you. You should look for it." I mean... Okay? Thanks?

It's scarce enough that it doesn't really detract from the experience, at least.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sorry, folks. Pack it in.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Probably gets asked a lot, but what are two or three must grab exclusives? And are all games available for digital download? Any performance differences between physical and dd?

Edit: and any suggestions for must have accessories would be handy

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Inzombiac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMSHvgaUWc8

Google Butt posted:

Probably gets asked a lot, but what are two or three must grab exclusives? And are all games available for digital download? Any performance differences between physical and dd?

Edit: and any suggestions for must have accessories would be handy

Breath of the Wild, and Mario Odyssey of course. Splatoon 2 is p great too.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I’ve really been enjoying Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lumbermouth posted:

Have people been able to find Switch OLEDs recently? My cursory googling has informed me that it’s been easier to find them in-store but all the local Targets have been out of stock.

GameStops are getting them in pretty regularly. Just call around every few days and you’ll get a bite, worked for me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Inzombiac posted:

Christ, I can't imagine a more inane existence than "video game youtube speculator", especially one that seems allergic to enjoying poo poo.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

he looks like he's enjoying himself a lot in that pic, honestly.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got my Joycons fixed after they'd been drifting and having connection issues for like a year.

First of all, anybody dragging their feet on setting up a repair because being on the phone is a pain the rear end? You can set up a repair order on the website. There's a dedicated button for Joycon repairs. They don't even ask any questions. Just "Yeah Yeah, here's a shipping label. Send us your Joycons."

When I got mine back (they look new, but I can't tell), the right Joycon was DOA. System wasn't recognizing that it was connected, lights wouldn't come on when I pushed buttons after detaching it, nada. So once again I turned to the support page. Anybody needing some help from old Ninty, do try their live chat function! I don't know if it's new... but this was the first time I tried it. Worked great. Got in touch with a customer service rep within 5 minutes, he asked me some basic questions, took me through some troubleshooting steps, and I got my right Joycon working again!

Friends don't let friends put up with Joycon drift. Get your poo poo fixed! Namaste.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Silver Falcon posted:

Got in touch with a customer service rep within 5 minutes, he asked me some basic questions, took me through some troubleshooting steps, and I got my right Joycon working again!

oh? what did you do?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Crunch is a net negative on development.

I said getting the game out on time, not that it would be good for the game or employees.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Is there a consensus on the best grip/case for handheld use?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Satisfye

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

Bum the Sad posted:

I saw a mudcrab once.

Horrible creatures.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Christ, I can't imagine a more inane existence than "video game youtube speculator", especially one that seems allergic to enjoying poo poo.

Ironically, he enjoys everything and lays it on super thick. His channel is incredibly clickbaity though. He’s kinda annoying to me, but everybody’s annoying to somebody.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

LODGE NORTH posted:

Ironically, he enjoys everything and lays it on super thick. His channel is incredibly clickbaity though. He’s kinda annoying to me, but everybody’s annoying to somebody.

Well, colour me wrong. In my defense, since there are soooo many AlphaOmegaSin-soundalikes on youtube, it's not a very far stretch to assume that when someone titles a video "X is now RUINED", they're just some grumpy, yelling gently caress. :shobon:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Inzombiac posted:

not sure why they would announce this tbh

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

b_d posted:

oh? what did you do?

Did you know there's a tiny little reset button under where it slides into the rails? Right between the teeny tiny shoulder buttons? Well, I didn't either. The guy had me press that and slide the thing back on the system and click. It was working again!

Not quite as basic as "Turn it off an on again," (Guy had me do that too) but close! In any case, I have two functioning Joycons again so I'm pleased as punch.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Silver Falcon posted:

I got my Joycons fixed after they'd been drifting and having connection issues for like a year.

First of all, anybody dragging their feet on setting up a repair because being on the phone is a pain the rear end? You can set up a repair order on the website. There's a dedicated button for Joycon repairs. They don't even ask any questions. Just "Yeah Yeah, here's a shipping label. Send us your Joycons."

When I got mine back (they look new, but I can't tell), the right Joycon was DOA. System wasn't recognizing that it was connected, lights wouldn't come on when I pushed buttons after detaching it, nada. So once again I turned to the support page. Anybody needing some help from old Ninty, do try their live chat function! I don't know if it's new... but this was the first time I tried it. Worked great. Got in touch with a customer service rep within 5 minutes, he asked me some basic questions, took me through some troubleshooting steps, and I got my right Joycon working again!

Friends don't let friends put up with Joycon drift. Get your poo poo fixed! Namaste.

drat, this WAS easy. They'll let you send up to four at a time! Nice!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the free replacements are great but last i heard they're only free in the US. which is where i am, so that's not my problem

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I had forgotten how much more comfortable the Satisfye grip is, even more so than the Hori Split Pad. Still keeping my preorder for the Megaman Split Pad because I’m terrible with money.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

How much will I miss rumble/gyro playing handheld with the hori split pro? Are some games basically not worth playing without those features? I'll likely get another dedicated controller for docked use fwiw

Edit: I'm seeing some reports of the new satisfye scratching/marking up the switch, is that a real thing?

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 5, 2021

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Google Butt posted:

How much will I miss rumble/gyro playing handheld with the hori split pro? Are some games basically not worth playing without those features? I'll likely get another dedicated controller for docked use fwiw

Edit: I'm seeing some reports of the new satisfye scratching/marking up the switch, is that a real thing?

Have you just used the switch handheld for a while? Personally I’ve never had a problem with the plain old vanilla switch and I think a lot of the discussion about it being uncomfortable is overblown. Any grip means you’ll need a bigger case to carry it around and makes it less portable.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

I said getting the game out on time, not that it would be good for the game or employees.

Every crunch story also ends with having to cut a shitload of content to eventually get the game out, though that's hardly exclusive when it comes to developing video games.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Google Butt posted:

I don’t miss rumble at all until I try to unlock a chest in Skyrim. Gyro still works in some games, most importantly in Quake. I can’t use the Split Pad for Dusk because of the missing gyro so if you get one I would say it’s a safe bet that you will have certain games you swap back to the joy cons for.

Edit: The reports of scratching are probably due to the new grip designed for the oled model aren’t out yet so people like myself are shoving the bigger model in the old grip. I haven’t noticed any marks but I just started using my old one today. Hopefully when the new grip is released that’s no longer an issue.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 5, 2021

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

Have you just used the switch handheld for a while? Personally I’ve never had a problem with the plain old vanilla switch and I think a lot of the discussion about it being uncomfortable is overblown. Any grip means you’ll need a bigger case to carry it around and makes it less portable.

I've actually never touched a switch before, I suppose I could actually just run with it stock for a while when I pick it up.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Using a Satisfye made me go from cramping after like 15 minutes of playing to playing for hours comfortably, mind you it was the old pre-update Satisfye but I've never had a problem

E that said I know plenty of people who played without a grip for years who have no complaints at all, so ymmv :shrug:

chaleski fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 5, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Silver Falcon posted:

My only issue is slight wobble up/down and back/forth when the left joy-con that came with my swoled is connected. Worth to send in to repair for that? Would I get my white joy-con back? I remember reading I think on reddit someone sent in one of their red Mario edition joy-cons and got back a generic grey one lol.

[edit] Nevermind, weird. The joy-con appears to fit perfectly snug inside the official charging grip I just got in the mail — no wobble at all. Odd thing is it's slightly loose when placed inside the non-charging grip, though not as noticeable when connected to the actual Switch. Nintendo's fault tolerances seem to be all over the place.

teagone fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 5, 2021

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

b_d posted:

the free replacements are great but last i heard they're only free in the US. which is where i am, so that's not my problem

I can report: also free in Canada.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Got to the Airship! No idea if I can use it!

Great game. I think this is where I'll have to stop this weekend.

Clearing out the sphere grid is far too zen and peaceful. Any puzzle game that's just that somehow?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Google Butt posted:

Is there a consensus on the best grip/case for handheld use?

Hori Split Pad Pro if you don't want cramped hands.

e: I didn't read any posts, just get the Hori, joycons suck and are cramped

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 5, 2021

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Man I don't like how Danganronpa is handled

https://twitter.com/EvilBillMurray/status/1467347399572033538?t=yxBP3JzNrzOoSE3vyNu8Ww&s=19

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

So are all of the games on the cart and they're installed as separate applications on the Switch?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Willo567 posted:

So are all of the games on the cart and they're installed as separate applications on the Switch?

Yeah, I was expecting them to just install as one and you choose what launches in game. But nope, I out the cart in and got four tiles

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That's way better, you can just select the game you want to play, instead of load up a screen to pick a game to load up a game like Kingdom Hearts does.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Len posted:

Man I don't like how Danganronpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Doggone Ronpaul