Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

zegermans posted:

is the joke that the salvation army is militantly anti-gay

the joke is that pete buttigieg is militantly anti-gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Private Cumshoe posted:

the joke is pete buttigieg

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The joke is they taught a rat to ring a bell

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
he ruined the red bucket because he kept asking for cheese donations

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
I honestly thought that Hillary would win in 2016 because a similar situation happened in France in 2002. French conservatives held their nose and voted for Jacques Chirac because he wasn't as terrible a human being as Jean Le Pen.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kurzon posted:

I honestly thought that Hillary would win in 2016 because a similar situation happened in France in 2002. French conservatives held their nose and voted for Jacques Chirac because he wasn't as terrible a human being as Jean Le Pen.

Relation to Marie?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

HootTheOwl posted:

Relation to Marie?

Father, and also she plugs the same fascist bullshit

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Father, and also she plugs the same fascist bullshit

She almost got couped by her niece though. Who is also a fascist, obviously.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kurzon posted:

In what universe is Hillary a "middling centrist"?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The JK Rowling extended universe of politics.

You know, liberalism.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
clinton actually is a middling centrist because that's how worthless centrists are.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
it's an extremely imperfect analogy because Chirac was already President of France, and also because the people who rallied behind Chirac didn't try to pretend that he was a wonderful human being who deserved to be president. they rallied behind a slogan of "vote for the crook, not the fascist" which, if Hillary's campaign had been more self-aware, would probably have been a more winning slogan in 2016 than "America is already great"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Clinton lost to Donald Trump lol

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Prurient Squid posted:

I think every person here in Britain is several degrees less confident than their equivalent in the US so we probably have about as many idiots but over there the idiots probably think they're Socrates or something.

Its actually kinda true. That Dunning-Krueger graph that people throw around actually looks notably different depending on where you live. If i remember right, most of europe follows the same basic pattern as the US, but toned down.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
every single european country is dumber than america and i have rock solid proof: they let america become a super power

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Megillah Gorilla posted:

To use Europeans she certainly doesn't come off as left-wing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Peanut President posted:

every single european country is dumber than america and i have rock solid proof: they let america become a super power

Hey, look, Britain tried its best. Blame France for putting its finger on the scales.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/merica/status/669242513799127041

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
she doesn’t know what people do to elect leaders here either lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

vyelkin posted:

it's an extremely imperfect analogy because Chirac was already President of France, and also because the people who rallied behind Chirac didn't try to pretend that he was a wonderful human being who deserved to be president. they rallied behind a slogan of "vote for the crook, not the fascist" which, if Hillary's campaign had been more self-aware, would probably have been a more winning slogan in 2016 than "America is already great"

The people who voted for trump arent fascist averse though

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

U2’s Bono once stopped a show in the Bay Area to rant about the IRA because he thought someone waving an SF Giants flag was a Sinn Féin supporter

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Isn't Bono like the patron saint of shitlibs?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Fish of hemp posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

vyelkin posted:

The funniest thing is i bet that would have worked

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The funniest thing is i bet that would have worked

it 100% would've because the people whose sensibilities would've been offended are exactly the type who vote blue no matter who anyways

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

James Comey wearing a camouflage powder blue suit in an attempt to blend in with the curtains of the Oval Office and thereby avoid talking to the POTUS
being a fellow 6'8" dude, loving lol at the idea of blending into anything
Which one's The Ledge? I think he's the drummer.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

That period when Trump got corona and it seemed like reality was legitimately cracking apart

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

When Trump got the spicy cough and a bunch of libs decided it was rude to joke about it.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Private Cumshoe posted:

Andrew Yang wanted to ban male circumcision
Andrew Yang wanted to be mayor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
andrew yang openly admitting that he was bribed to drop out of the primary with the promise of a job with the administration, which is illegal. and then nothing happened except the dumbass didn't get a job.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

andrew yang openly admitting that he was bribed to drop out of the primary with the promise of a job with the administration, which is illegal. and then nothing happened except the dumbass didn't get a job.

Is it really a bribe if you never make good on it?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Biden actually said "in Minecraft" after he offered Yang a position.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The sitting President’s goodie-good boy son moved Heaven and Earth to protect a violent child molester before his brain revolted and he died of cancer

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
Trump debating Biden while actively infectious w covid is hilarious & shocking

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

joe biden’s eyeball exploding with blood during a debate

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
[Sokolov voice] The United States truly is a frightening country.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fish of hemp posted:

Henry rollins ranting about how much he wants him to die

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that time yang posted a sad picture of soup and people got super mad and cried racism when everyone made fun of it

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
this is soup for my friend of the family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Is it really a bribe if you never make good on it?

legit curious about this, if someone bribed you to do something and then you just didn't do it is it still a bribe? like if some politician took a bunch of lobbying money and then just voted against their interests anyway would anything happen beyond them getting the jfk experience?