Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Brain is a weird soup. -Ashley Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

unbutthurtable posted:

thanks, compa

Just bought a 20 pack of these - thanks.

They're not reusable right?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pillowpants posted:

Just bought a 20 pack of these - thanks.

They're not reusable right?

Reusable up to 40 hours if the straps don’t give way and you’re not making them disgusting or losing the seal

I do about 20 in each of mine before I toss em. a work week at my part time job

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

I keep coughing :\

You have to survive long enough to see bitcoin be destroyed. :(

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Reusable up to 40 hours if the straps don’t give way and you’re not making them disgusting or losing the seal

I do about 20 in each of mine before I toss em. a work week at my part time job

I think the 40 hours thing might be made up in this very thread.

no mask manufacturer, to my knowledge, advises reusing the masks at all (convenient for their profits, eh???). for ones that I have looked at, like powecoms, it basically says all bets are off the moment you take it off the first time.

obviously ymmv but keep in mind.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Glumwheels posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1467138576697724932

Lmfao, she is incredibly stupid and poised to be in the majority soon.

This reminds me how Joe Biden believes we are on a path to zero-cancer.

He does not believe zero-covid is possible.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
My 10 year old got his second shot today, and yesterday I stood too long at the hummingbird feeder and got caught in a swarm of hummingbirds. One of them landed on my thumb with his feathery insect feet, and the wind and roar of their wings brushed my face.

In the third year of the pandemic, I made treaty with the wild things that live in the woods. :getin:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Crazypoops posted:

still loling that cdc finally decided to fire killemall

https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1467124136602390537?s=20

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hit Man posted:

Guys I'm gigavaxxed. How safe am I?

:rip:

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

Strep Vote posted:

My 10 year old got his second shot today, and yesterday I stood too long at the hummingbird feeder and got caught in a swarm of hummingbirds. One of them landed on my thumb with his feathery insect feet, and the wind and roar of their wings brushed my face.

In the third year of the pandemic, I made treaty with the wild things that live in the woods. :getin:

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

mystes posted:

Cancer is like COVID in that Republicans also sabotaged efforts to give people the vaccine that can prevent a common form of cancer in this US.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

i was like "okay i know the thread hates this guy and the federalist ain't great but that's a strongly worded headline let me click and see what's up" and I'm halfway through the article and I already think we should lock Kulldorff up for the safety of everyone else, what a loving idiot

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

mawarannahr posted:

no mask manufacturer, to my knowledge, advises reusing the masks at all (convenient for their profits, eh???). for ones that I have looked at, like powecoms, it basically says all bets are off the moment you take it off the first time.

it's from march 2020 and early studies for hospital staff to reuse PPE. mask nerd aaron has recommended 40 hours of use too, based on his testing.

the failure mode for these types of filters is that they get more clogged up and don't breathe as well as they did at the start--they don't fail into a state where they filter worse. (they will however fail in that way if you clean them with alcohol or some cleaners that destroy the charge of the plastic filter media)

the bigger concern with reuse is bacteria growth. UV light like sunlight can help but ultimately it will be a problem over the long term. 40 hours is an easy to understand unit for most folks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

birds have fish feet not insect feet

Jesus Christ

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

euphronius posted:

birds have fish feet not insect feet

Jesus Christ

Birds are a type of fish

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I wonder what the 4th dose schedule will be ?

I got the full dose Moderna in early August.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

etalian posted:

I wonder what the 4th dose schedule will be ?

I got the full dose Moderna in early August.

congrats on your upcoming 4th shot

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
going to stab my ears out listening to the twiv episode OMG, Omicron! where they downplay and tut tut, "Wait for the data!!!" the new variant lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mycomancy posted:

Birds are a type of fish

exactly they was my point

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Kulldorff getting bullied off a CDC panel for defending the worst vaccine in a Hill editorial is very funny

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love wait for the data when delta just happened

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Professional victim :qq:

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
https://press.rsna.org/timssnet/media/pressreleases/14_pr_target.cfm?ID=2303

The largest multi-institutional international study to date on brain complications of COVID-19 has found that approximately one in 100 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 will likely develop complications of the central nervous system. These can include stroke, hemorrhage, and other potentially fatal complications. The study is being presented tomorrow at the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).

Hoping that our medical diagnostic is actually advanced enough for this not to be a low estimate.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Crazypoops posted:

still loling that cdc finally decided to fire killemall

mark'em culldorff

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mawarannahr posted:

yeah I’m actually not sure of the 40 hour thing that specifically but all the user instructions say "can be used until damaged, contaminated, or breathing becomes difficult" and there’s other subsections that say it can be stored after use

personal comfort, imo, like I said my poo poo is good til about the 20 hour mark at which point it gets gunked up e: gunk from my face lol not like… I don’t live in a spray paint facility

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

congrats on your upcoming 4th shot

I'll probably stick to a 5 to 6 month schedule with the full dose Moderna.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

I love wait for the data when delta just happened

honestly the jury is still out on Delta in my opinion

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao how the data is even worse than we saw for the South Africa Delta surge.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

mod sassinator posted:

it's from march 2020 and early studies for hospital staff to reuse PPE. mask nerd aaron has recommended 40 hours of use too, based on his testing.

the failure mode for these types of filters is that they get more clogged up and don't breathe as well as they did at the start--they don't fail into a state where they filter worse. (they will however fail in that way if you clean them with alcohol or some cleaners that destroy the charge of the plastic filter media)

the bigger concern with reuse is bacteria growth. UV light like sunlight can help but ultimately it will be a problem over the long term. 40 hours is an easy to understand unit for most folks

So is this 40 total hours of it (contiguous or not) being strapped to your face, or 40 hours from the second that you strap it to your face?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

euphronius posted:

exactly they was my point

No they are bugs. I know because their feet feel like bug feet and they drink nectar DUH

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

olives black posted:

So is this 40 total hours of it (contiguous or not) being strapped to your face, or 40 hours from the second that you strap it to your face?

the former. the condition of the filter material does NOT degrade with time, it degrades with use time as it simply accrues more particles and gets clogged and less efficient.

this is in contrast to organic vapor or other chemical filters which DO degrade upon exposure to any air at all.

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Strep Vote posted:

:stoked:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Stoop Kid posted:

Got 20 of the 3M 9210’s from ISP, better straps for about 60 cents cheaper per mask than Home Depot :hellyeah:

I'm sure these are legit, but they're a repack? Industrial supply is selling these display boxes:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

i keep thinking this is going to extremely backfire if people aren't factoring in the interferon advantage people in africa seem to genetically have and their better handling of severe covid from it. when omi is ripping in the UK i bet it's business as usual with vaxxed people getting clocked just as badly in severe cases

not to dismiss this idea completely, but earlier in that thread, the data appeared to be all comparative among historical cases in Gauteng Province
https://twitter.com/miamalan/status/1467172041971445761

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Strep Vote posted:

My 8 Year oldgot his second shot today too! :High five:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

he looks like poo poo. maybe he has COVID

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mawarannahr posted:

I got it from a podcast Osterholm does

though working in the plague pits at 16+ hrs a day, I used a fresh aura per day, but that was based on fit and freshness. there's no measure like "hard to breath, time for new filters" like in a half mask with p100s

our kids refresh their kn94s once a week

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

oh is this why he was tweeting proverbs about not hurting people and poo poo earlier this week?