Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I missed that too! Yay Amy! :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
From the replies, this sucks:
https://twitter.com/elizaeatonstern/status/1464371995512954880

Lot of people trying to pin it all on Mike Richards, which would certainly be convenient

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Oof. Yeah. wtf.

Speaking of him. I don't know what the gently caress was up with the guest hosts this year (but probably his fault). He got kicked off/cancelled. Mayim is an antivaxxer and rape apologist. Rodgers also antivaxx. And now Dr. Oz is running as R for Senate. This is like an Agatha Christie novel.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 2, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

element category ruled

edit: :dogstare:

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 2, 2021

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

The Sean posted:

Oof. Yeah. wtf.

Speaking of him. I don't know what the gently caress was up with the guest hosts this year (but probably his fault). He got kicked off/cancelled. Mayim is an antivaxxer and rape apologist. Rodgers also antivaxx. And now Dr. Oz is running as R for Senate. This is like an Agatha Christie novel.

The median age of a Jeopardy viewer is 65 and I’m sure that most of those viewers are white. I don’t think that everything can be blamed on Richards, people in this thread are just not the target audience.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I thought Mayim Bialik was the favorite of the other execs and the one they wanted from the start even as Richards was trying to install himself.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe the show shoulda fuckin died with Alex at this point given how much of massive clusterfuck everything has been since.

You thought boomers were insufferable enough just being fans of the show? Just wait until they can't complain about all the queer contestants they're being forced to watch. gently caress em, it'll be hilarious.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 3, 2021

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Lil tear came to my eye when Ken said "genre" like a normal person.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The Sean posted:

now Dr. Oz is running as R for Senate.

Oh good he only wants to destroy the entire country instead of just Jeopardy now.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

banned from Starbucks posted:

Oh good he only wants to destroy the entire country instead of just Jeopardy now.

I'd argue he's been doing that the last decade. He should've stayed writing for Esquire.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Fucker doesn’t even live in Pennsylvania

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I passed the second test and now I have a TV test next week? Let's GO

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Poque posted:

I passed the second test and now I have a TV test next week? Let's GO

POQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I hope Amy is still there to mop the floor with you.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Zesty posted:

I hope Amy is still there to mop the floor with you.

I've been preparing for a while to make another run at it. I've convinced myself I need a little longer to shore up some categories, but I know deep down I just don't want to finally get my chance and end up facing Amy.

Either I'd be stomped so hard my remains are unidentifiable as human (most likely outcome) or I'd feel like a monster for ending her run.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

alerting tucker

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Something I didn't know about Oz he's legitimately a woo crazy person he's not just selling snake oil cynically. He'd have an "energy healer" in the theater while he performed open-heart surgeries. How the gently caress his professional career survived that is beyond me.

christmas boots posted:

I thought Mayim Bialik was the favorite of the other execs and the one they wanted from the start even as Richards was trying to install himself.

Richards installed himself after Bialik couldn't do it full time. The execs were gonna give her the job from the get-go.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 3, 2021

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Ken is so good just give him the drat job already and be done with all this.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Groovelord Neato posted:

Richards installed himself after Bialik couldn't do it full time. The execs were gonna give her the job from the get-go.
That's what it seemed like to me. I expected CBS or Sony to pull their weight in choosing a host and CBS did (Yes, BBT is a WB show but it drew eyeballs to the network). The only reason they couldn't do so was Call me Kat. She'll be the full time host when it's cancelled.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Island Nation posted:

That's what it seemed like to me. I expected CBS or Sony to pull their weight in choosing a host and CBS did (Yes, BBT is a WB show but it drew eyeballs to the network). The only reason they couldn't do so was Call me Kat. She'll be the full time host when it's cancelled.

It was confusing because the way it initially looked was Richards oversaw guest hosting that everyone thought were tryouts and then installed himself as host. Then it came out that the guest hosts were a stupid ratings stunt and that the out of touch dumbasses in charge over at Sony wanted the lady from the Big Bang Theory to host.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

wa27 posted:

Ken is so good just give him the drat job already and be done with all this.

The show has been so much more enjoyable again with him as host. Just do it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

The show has been so much more enjoyable again with him as host. Just do it.

I don't think you understand executives

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

We need to pump up the rating of that dumb cat show so it gets renewed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Goddamn does Andrew has some bitch tits

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Goddamn does Andrew has some bitch tits

:catstare:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
What does the current champion do while there's a tournament?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I think they just get to walk on to random production sets in Culver City and check things out.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

packetmantis posted:

Presumably they just film that tournament in that given production week so they just don't come back yet.

They only film 2 days a week, 5 games a day, I think? So if you wrapped as champion at the end of that week before the tournament, you take a week or two off before you come back.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
she actually gets to hunt interns for sport to pass the time, really hosed up but it's a Merv Griffon thing so what are you gonna do?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Sean posted:

Oof. Yeah. wtf.

you mean to tell me rich celebrities in the us skew toward being giant assholes???

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

sexpig by night posted:

she actually gets to hunt interns for sport to pass the time, really hosed up but it's a Merv Griffon thing so what are you gonna do?

Thank you for this.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Man, Hester has to be kicking herself. If she avoided buzzing in a couple times she’d have had a real shot.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

packetmantis posted:

They used to be able to hang out at the prop warehouse for the price is right but ever since Chris Hardwick posted pictures of him loving around with the big wheel on Instagram they can't do that anymore :mad:

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Presumably they just film that tournament in that given production week so they just don't come back yet.

They only film 2 days a week, 5 games a day, I think? So if you wrapped as champion at the end of that week before the tournament, you take a week or two off before you come back.

yeah it's just like finishing a week as champion except you come back in 2 weeks instead of 1 (or 4 instead of 2, i don't know how they do it now)

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

R. Guyovich posted:

you mean to tell me rich celebrities in the us skew toward being giant assholes???

I like this joke, but in seriousness I mean that the sample of persons is especially terrible in specific very republican and anti-science ways.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
https://deadline.com/2021/12/jeopardy-mayim-bialik-ken-jennings-continue-hosts-season-38-1234887182/

They're keeping the joint hosting going through the end if the season (through next summer). Michael Davies is hanging on as executive producer at least until then as well.

I still believe that they're just holding out until they can permanently lock down Mayim, but I'm holding out hope that Ken can get the nod in the end.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Jokymi posted:

https://deadline.com/2021/12/jeopardy-mayim-bialik-ken-jennings-continue-hosts-season-38-1234887182/

They're keeping the joint hosting going through the end if the season (through next summer). Michael Davies is hanging on as executive producer at least until then as well.

I still believe that they're just holding out until they can permanently lock down Mayim, but I'm holding out hope that Ken can get the nod in the end.

I mean they introduce Ken as "hosting Jeopardy" and Mayim as "the host of Jeopardy" so I think it's pretty clear that you're right.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

What a dumb loving way to kill the show.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Embarrassing Final Jeopardy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I guessed JFK too :shrug:

I get that the "nonviolent person being killed by violence" was supposed to the breadcrumb there, but starting the clue with MacArthur led me to believe it would be an American, or possibly someone associated with the Philippines or Korea