Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

aldantefax posted:

was just thinking about byob the rpg earlier today…everybody that participated was such a peachy orb and it was such a fun time…

feeling some byob nostalgia

https://i.imgur.com/WJb6s4o.mp4

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Zil posted:

hi my orbs, today was a strange day.

Well that piques my interest.

biosterous

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i had dinner with my parents and inlaws today all together in one building in one room at one table and it was great, the food was delicious and we played coup (i won) and quiddler (i lost by a huge amount)

gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

Zil posted:

hi my orbs, today was a strange day.

WELL?????

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Strange because it was a rollercoaster.

Just that my meds are kicking back in and while I was in a rotten mood this morning the fog broke and I am more upbeat and functional.

Put up all the Christmas decorations, went to the store, did all the things.

Had just woken up expecting the day to suck and was pleasently surprised that it didn't.

xcheopis

Zil posted:

Strange because it was a rollercoaster.

Just that my meds are kicking back in and while I was in a rotten mood this morning the fog broke and I am more upbeat and functional.

Put up all the Christmas decorations, went to the store, did all the things.

Had just woken up expecting the day to suck and was pleasently surprised that it didn't.

That's awesome! :buddy:

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My orbs I love you all

I hugged a tree literally today, and I thought of u

Escape From Noise

Tie a Mormon Nailer 'round the old oak tree
It's been 69 years
Do you still love me

Twenty Four

FluffieDuckie posted:

I’m officially done with Christmas shopping.

Who’s with me?

*Changes the tags on all your gifts to say "From Twenty Four"*

Now I am!

Twenty Four

biosterous posted:

i had dinner with my parents and inlaws today all together in one building in one room at one table and it was great, the food was delicious and we played coup (i won) and quiddler (i lost by a huge amount)

Sounds nice! I don't know what those games are but "The Coup and Quiddler" sounds like the name of an English pub.

Ass-penny

Mormon Nailer posted:

My orbs I love you all

:glomp:

Twenty Four posted:

Sounds nice! I don't know what those games are but "The Coup and Quiddler" sounds like the name of an English pub.

Quiddler is actually a super fun word game and would recommend it to anyone. Cheers to Bios for playing a cool game with a cool group of folks it sounds like.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

alnilam

Achtane posted:

The choir of children sing their song

They practiced all year long

children's choir:
ding ding ding dong
doo doo doo doo doo DOOOOOOO
DOOT
DOOT
DOOT

please these children are trying very hard with some very poor source material so please just smile and clap

alnilam

Mormon Nailer posted:

My orbs I love you all

I literally hug trees sometimes it's one of the most embarrassingly expressive things i do but I'll share it with my friends here in byob

alnilam

I'm not saying it should be embarrassing btw but that i am naturally shy about those kinds of things

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

No I love hugging trees, when I am very sad I like to go tell the trees in my yard i love them and thank them for giving me food

alnilam

The last thing i do before i do something really stressful like take a qualifying exam, is literally, go hug a tree irl

Escape From Noise

Santa has joined the skeleton army.

Twenty Four

Spooky Claus

FluffieDuckie

Twenty Four posted:

*Changes the tags on all your gifts to say "From Twenty Four"*

Now I am!

:argh:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Twenty Four

Hey, at least I didn't change the "To" part of the tag! Your friends and family will still get your gifts, I just didn't want to go shopping! Sorry for stealing all the credit!

Escape From Noise

The only Christmas shopping I did was for BYOB secret Santa. So I'm pretty much done. Just need to ship it.

NyaNyaMeister

Bruh-nyuu~

I am from this
stupid country :eurovision:

Rarity posted:

The Ancient Greeks that Icarus fell to his death because he flew too close to the sun
The modern goon knows there is no such thing

We are gonna fill the Sun with Oreos and we will like it!

Current mood: https://vimeo.com/921220930

Thank you Heather Papps for the awesome sig

Twenty Four

NyaNyaMeister posted:

We are gonna fill the Sun with Oreos and we will like it!

Hello new account, we are friends now if we weren't before! I saw the title text below your avatar and now I have that eurovision song from Moldova from where it says you are from they played years ago stuck in my head lol.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
my dear wife who swore she never wanted children seems to have developed baby fever
oh no
halp pls

Twenty Four

Achtane posted:

my dear wife who swore she never wanted children seems to have developed baby fever
oh no
halp pls

Baby fever? Just give her a baby aspirin.

Escape From Noise

My secret is I've made myself repulsive to any potential partners. HTH

Stoner Sloth

hey friends, im tired

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Twenty Four

hi tired, im friend!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Achtane posted:

oh no
halp pls

Oh gosh. Well. I guess it's best you sit down and have a serious talk right now about whether or not she's just very happy about other people's babies and stuff or if she's changed her mind. I've had passing episodes of baby fever in the past and kinda had to work my way through them.

ELTON JOHN

Achtane posted:

oh no
halp pls

oh heck, well hopefully everything works out

we're in our late 30s and no sign of baby fever from either party so hopefully we're out of the danger zone

Goons Are Gifts

I'm a baby

Goons Are Gifts

hello byob today I bring you a funny German post from the Germany thread in d&d where mostly Germans talk about German things and these are the words that we found in our latest government contract (we had elections and Merkel is gone and now the new government did this)

Antigravitas posted:

I wrote a quick script to find the best words in the Koalitionsvertragsdokument:

code:
 1: Kapitalanleger-Musterverfahrensgesetz
 2: Science-Entrepreneurship-Initiativen
 3: Schwerbehindertenvertrauenspersonen
 4: Nachhaltigkeitsberichterstattungen
 5: Innenentwicklungsmaßnahmengebietes
 6: Finanzkonteninformationsaustausch
 7: Betriebsrätemodernisierungsgesetz
 8: Waldbrandbekämpfungsmöglichkeiten
 9: Interoperabilitätsverpflichtungen
10: Wirtschaftlichkeitsuntersuchungen
11: Gleichstrom-Übertragungsleitungen
12: Brennstoffemissionshandelsgesetz
13: Barrierefreiheitsstärkungsgesetz
14: Gesundheitssicherstellungsgesetz
15: Schwangerschaftskonfliktberatung
16: Sicherheitsgesetzgebungsvorhaben
17: Behindertengleichstellungsgesetz
18: Unternehmens-Basisdatenregister
19: Anwartschaftsüberführungsgesetz
20: Erneuerbare-Energien-Richtlinie
21: Flottenmodernisierungsprogramms
22: Wohnungseigentumsgemeinschaften
23: Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz
24: Planungssicherstellungsgesetzes
25: Wirtschaftlichkeitsuntersuchung
26: Gemeinnützigkeitsrechtsprechung
27: Internationalisierungsstrategie
28: Konjunkturbereinigungsverfahren
29: Kompetenzfeststellungsverfahren
30: Fachkräfteeinwanderungsgesetzes

Goons Are Gifts

If you believe that Germans have a word for everything, let me tell you, that the Innenentwicklungsmaßnahmengebiet ist our new way to craft new words

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Goons Are Great posted:

Innenentwicklungsmaßnahmengebiet

Bless you

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

biosterous

german is a language that has superglue as a linguistic feature

gallery of sigs

he/him

NyaNyaMeister

Bruh-nyuu~

I am from this
stupid country :eurovision:

Twenty Four posted:

Hello new account, we are friends now if we weren't before! I saw the title text below your avatar and now I have that eurovision song from Moldova from where it says you are from they played years ago stuck in my head lol.

oh nice, glad to meet new friends in this corner of the internet.

while I do enjoy the Sunstroke Project's Eurovision song, my favorite has to be Zdob și Zdub's Bunica Bate Toba.

https://youtu.be/PV8_OtAyFT0

Current mood: https://vimeo.com/921220930

Thank you Heather Papps for the awesome sig

cruft

biosterous posted:

I'm only an amateur linguist but it seems to me that German and English are pretty similar in how "compound words" are formed, it's just that German monks took a slightly different approach when it came to the invention of whitespace in texts.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

biosterous posted:

My grandparents on one side were german and I sometimes think there's a genetic component to this because I often make up compound words (though I hyphenate). Sometimes it's clearer to attach the words together that are part of the same cluster. Like eats shoots and leaves, vs. eats shoots-and-leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Goons Are Great posted:

Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz
sciencetimecontractlaw

strong words

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!