Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Thread posted:

Zelda canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Balache404 posted:

A) Other characters get outfits but not as many as Link. Optional nodes net him clothing.

Specifically, the other characters who get alternate costumes are all four Champions, who get one (regular outfit, and one with the blue sash marking them as a Champion) and Zelda gets two (regular outfit, the snow gear she wears when you recruit Revali, and the white gown she wears at the end of BotW).

In addition to the subquests that reward Link with clothing, you can also get the Prototype Ancient Gear clothing by buying the Expansion Pass.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Wonder what they called ancient weapons and armor when they were contemporary.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Wonder what they called ancient weapons and armor when they were contemporary.

Future Armor, obviously

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Now I just want them to make the real BotW prequel. By which I mean, the final war against Ganon from 10,000 years earlier, where Hyrule had an entire army of Guardian robots. Make it the third Hyrule Warriors game.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

It wouldn’t even be that hard to do an actual “bad ending” Calamity story, the story fits BOTW’s backstory right up until the mission where the Calamity itself happens, just have it branch off from there

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Now I just want them to make the real BotW prequel. By which I mean, the final war against Ganon from 10,000 years earlier, where Hyrule had an entire army of Guardian robots. Make it the third Hyrule Warriors game.

It's WELL past time for us to get a Zelda RTS.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

It's WELL past time for us to get a Zelda RTS.

I want Legend of Zelda v Rabbids

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Give link a Colt Single Action Army

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Yeah do* Legend of Zelda like that Romeo and Juliet movie set in the 90s.

*don’t

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

superjew posted:

Yeah do* Legend of Zelda like that Romeo and Juliet movie set in the 90s.

*don’t

Romeo Must Die is an amazing film wtf man

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I want a Zelda Legend of Korra type thing where there's cars and planes and poo poo.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

do legend of zelda like the 1993 mario movie.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

b_d posted:

:hmmwrong:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Romeo Must Die is an amazing film wtf man

I don't know if this is :thejoke: but I'm pretty sure they're talking about Romeo + Juliet with Leonardo di Caprio and Claire Daines, where the dialog is word for word from the original play but it's set in the modern day and they duel with guns that say SHORTSWORD on them.

b_d posted:

I actually want this unironically. It probably helps that I think I'm the only person on the planet that actually likes the 80s Zelda cartoon (though not because it's good, it's terrible, but that's why I love it).

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Twelve by Pies posted:

I actually want this unironically. It probably helps that I think I'm the only person on the planet that actually likes the 80s Zelda cartoon (though not because it's good, it's terrible, but that's why I love it).

I may be the only person on the planet that actually likes the 1993 Mario movie. It's so beautifully, utterly terrible all I can feel about it is awe and wonder.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's a camp cyberpunk cult classic and I will brook no slander against it, but I don't think that style is the right way to adapt everything.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Runcible Cat posted:

I may be the only person on the planet that actually likes the 1993 Mario movie. It's so beautifully, utterly terrible all I can feel about it is awe and wonder.

Here is a YouTube video about how movies from the 80’s and 90’s both tried to warn us about Donald Trump, but also set the stage for us to eventually accept him as our bloated, Koopa-like overlord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj-wc9qugGY

It prominently features both the Mario movie as well the screenwriter for that movie who actually would go on to write other gigantic films. A really great watch for 90’s kids, IMO.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Runcible Cat posted:

I may be the only person on the planet that actually likes the 1993 Mario movie.

Well I–

quote:

It's so beautifully, utterly terrible all I can feel about it is awe and wonder.

oh.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Bust Rodd posted:

Here is a YouTube video about how movies from the 80’s and 90’s both tried to warn us about Donald Trump, but also set the stage for us to eventually accept him as our bloated, Koopa-like overlord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj-wc9qugGY

It prominently features both the Mario movie as well the screenwriter for that movie who actually would go on to write other gigantic films. A really great watch for 90’s kids, IMO.

I love Cody and SomeMoreNews so definitely got to watch this.

Also I heard that Mario '93 was made with Leguizamo and Hoskins pretty much drunk the entire time.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The Mario movie is great. It's also an insane Hell production where the script was rewritten every day so the stars just stopped bothering to memorize their lines, got drunk, and broke their bones during filming.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I love Cody and SomeMoreNews so definitely got to watch this.

Also I heard that Mario '93 was made with Leguizamo and Hoskins pretty much drunk the entire time.

The story I read was that Leguizamo and the rest of the younger cast were constantly smoking weed but hiding it from Hoskins because he was an older more serious actor and they thought he'd disapprove.

Then Leguizamo said one day he caught them getting stoned and was like "the gently caress why didn't you invite me???"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I keep seeing online all this complaining about Age of Calamity’s horrible frame rate, but I have noticed anything like that at all. Is there a particular character or attack that does it?

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Runcible Cat posted:

I watched it for the first time a few months ago. It's good. I have no idea why it's so heavily derided. It's a really fun interpretation of the mario setting and I'll take it any day over a "faithful" adaptation, which I'm certain would suck today with 35 years of more firmly established "lore" to use, and would have absolutely sucked in 1993 with like a handful of games and lore largely at the whims of what the localisers felt like it being on any particular given release.

My expectation of the chris pratt mario movie is it will be extremely faithful and dull as hell.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Bust Rodd posted:

I keep seeing online all this complaining about Age of Calamity’s horrible frame rate, but I have noticed anything like that at all. Is there a particular character or attack that does it?

I’ve noticed it occasionally when my spouse and I are playing split-screen and we’re hitting specials like crazy in a sea of dozens of enemies, that’s about it.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

It gets pretty bad when you're playing splitscreen and surrounded by enemies, other than that it's not really noticeable outside of occasional rubberbanding

E: vvv I play docked almost exclusively vvv

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 5, 2021

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s probably bad docked but I’m handheld only and I never had a problem

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Raylax posted:

I watched it for the first time a few months ago. It's good. I have no idea why it's so heavily derided. It's a really fun interpretation of the mario setting and I'll take it any day over a "faithful" adaptation, which I'm certain would suck today with 35 years of more firmly established "lore" to use, and would have absolutely sucked in 1993 with like a handful of games and lore largely at the whims of what the localisers felt like it being on any particular given release.

It was a big-budget adaptation pitched at an audience that was very familiar with the source material, and possibly hadn't gotten used to the idea of adaptational changes, and had multiple more faithful cartoons in recent memory.

Also, it opened two weeks before Jurassic Park.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

play on the rainy stage

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Does the full game run better than the demo??? Because i played that demo and not a single moment of combat in the first level of the game ran at a stable framerate and at more intense moments it was actually giving me mild headaches looking at it

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I didn't play the demo but I never had any issues with the framerate.

Though to be fair I also don't usually notice framerate issues unless they're really egregious so :shrug:.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zore posted:

I didn't play the demo but I never had any issues with the framerate.

Though to be fair I also don't usually notice framerate issues unless they're really egregious so :shrug:.

Yeah I never noticed anything huge in the time I played the demo, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm just blind to some framerate issues up to a certain point. I'm convinced it's due to growing up playing 1990s games on chronically underpowered PCs, I think my brain just sees anything half-decent and goes "ooh, nice".

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

There is a subquest near the very end of the game where you have to fight six Lynels in strongholds with "activated" Lizalfos meaning that they are constantly firing projectiles at you. The framerate in that stage dropped so low for me it literally looked like a slideshow.

Just that one level, though, and I have no idea if they patched it with the DLC updates.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Late to R&J chat, but the only acceptable modern film version is Tromeo & Juliet.

Anyway at this point I’m expecting BotW2 on 31 December 2022 if at all.

Also can anyone tell me where to find those master mode kill everything on the great plateau speed runs that were mentioned above? Sounds hilarious but I haven’t been able to find them at all.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1468239333291352071?s=20

This time I will go back and finish the Earth Temple.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/AshleyButSix/status/1467685968056520705?s=20

Where the gently caress is this shrine? God DAMMIT.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Made me think of Eagle's Tower from Link's Awakening.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Holy poo poo. I lost an orange ball thing on Eventide Island (the self-enclosed challenge thing) and I can't find it. I even left the island and reset and it won't come back. What the gently caress? I've walked all around this island for like 2 hours. Sunk cost, sure, but at this point I just want to finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

The Sean posted:

Holy poo poo. I lost an orange ball thing on Eventide Island (the self-enclosed challenge thing) and I can't find it. I even left the island and reset and it won't come back. What the gently caress? I've walked all around this island for like 2 hours. Sunk cost, sure, but at this point I just want to finish it.

Might have to wait for the next Blood Moon, that tends to reset everything.