Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I have the miracle, but it said it was a level 33 before I even fused it. Doesn’t look like I can fuse anything else higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

camera distance increase hoipe

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I have the miracle, but it said it was a level 33 before I even fused it. Doesn’t look like I can fuse anything else higher.

It does that sometimes, not really sure why.

Also Black Rider kicked my rear end, first case I've really noticed of a boss triggering a gently caress you button if you do certain things - in this case I think killing his Legions makes him poo poo Megidolaons all over you lmao. Think I'll come back to this one in a few levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

if the number is green it means it's leveling up from the fusion. In the Dyad fusion screen once you have that miracle you can't actually tell what the base level is, but it still displays as normal in the Reverse fusion menu. kind of a annoying like UI oversight

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

which demon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hizke posted:

its insane how good the smt iv boss theme is

smt4 and 4a have some of the best soundtracks in all of gaming imo. hype for 5's soundtrack

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In Training posted:

if the number is green it means it's leveling up from the fusion. In the Dyad fusion screen once you have that miracle you can't actually tell what the base level is, but it still displays as normal in the Reverse fusion menu. kind of a annoying like UI oversight

Ah I see thank you!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU4mZEwODj4

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It's so good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I wonder how many combinations like that there are, in my 95 hours of playtime I only saw two: Loki popped out of my stock while I was trying to recruit a Valkyrie and mocked her for her obedience to Odin and called her a grave robber, which pissed her off so bad that she attacked me and got a free turn, and Mara coming out to talk to a Girimekhala about the old legends where Mara rode on Giri's back but quickly realized they were both too old to be carrying each other--I don't remember how that one ended, I think the Girimekhala might have joined me after.

I feel like there's probably a ton of them and I've just never had the right combination. Especially if demons as far apart in level as Belphegor and Mermaid have dialogue like that

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think there's around thirty special demon conversations like that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I had one with the Ainu fox talking to the Ainu fairy.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

lmao the mermaid one rules.
the only one i've got so far is koropokkuru and cironnup talking about how they used to live in the same forrest or something lol.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I wonder how many combinations like that there are, in my 95 hours of playtime I only saw two: Loki popped out of my stock while I was trying to recruit a Valkyrie and mocked her for her obedience to Odin and called her a grave robber, which pissed her off so bad that she attacked me and got a free turn, and Mara coming out to talk to a Girimekhala about the old legends where Mara rode on Giri's back but quickly realized they were both too old to be carrying each other--I don't remember how that one ended, I think the Girimekhala might have joined me after.

I feel like there's probably a ton of them and I've just never had the right combination. Especially if demons as far apart in level as Belphegor and Mermaid have dialogue like that

this game is loving awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

locking a bunch of unique dialogue behind a certain skill build + extremely specific character combos is some 2000s PC poo poo. Thank You Altus. SMTV FTMFW.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just whooped the 2nd boss' rear end by lucking into having the perfect team to face him: Muu Shuwuu, Power, Setanta

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just whooped the 2nd boss' rear end by lucking into having the perfect team to face him: Muu Shuwuu, Power, Setanta

I say muu shuwuu out loud whenever I see them in my party list, fun name to say

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

It took me until this game to realize her wings are actually her hair

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

The clip of Raidou shouting her name when using her skill in his Nocturne HD boss fights has been one of those recurring intrusive thoughts for me ever since I first played it, it's catchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ7fT0Xtb_4&t=553s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just lost a miniboss fight that was like 8 levels higher than me when they had 20 HP left after missing an attack and then dying. I need a sock drawer stat.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Supposedly Yoshitsune talks to Kurama Tengu but I had him in my party when I fought and recruited one and he, uh, didn't

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

lol

I saw one between Kurama Tengu and Yoshitsune where they talked about Kurama Tengu being Yoshitsune's former master. Thought Yoshitsune was going to get him to join my party but he said he had his own path to walk and strolled off

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Using two dampeners cancel out the first one..

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

Using two dampeners cancel out the first one..

I just fought chernobog and found that out the hard way. Used phys block and a dark dampener while he powered up, his phys attack got blocked then he killed my main character immediately with a dark attack lmao

Other than that the dungeon was fine, I cannot believe people pissed and shat themselves about it to the point where it's apparently been made easier. I don't think it's great, the map isn't clear enough in delineating floors and I hate the smudgy red filter hanging over this and most of the second Daat area, but it's not difficult. You just need to think of it in grid/square format and it's really easy to parse

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I was thnking really hard about using two dampers on a single turn against chernobog but decided not to.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

does anybody remember where you get physical mastery IV? I have V but not IV

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I forgot about the TDE/Gold Dragon quests from the first area so i've just whooped several asses in a row now that I'm way overleveled for them. I kinda wish your lil demon guide mentioned them when you reach an appropriate level to fight the next boss in them. Now I have a Daisoujou that's 10 lvls below me. Oh well, he's still cool

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Frenz posted:

does anybody remember where you get physical mastery IV? I have V but not IV

I think its from the NW abscess.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

holy poo poo i fusion errored joan of arc in 4. she seems extremely badass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the 4th zone is so fuckin cool, I think I've finally uncovered almost all of it but there's still a crap load of treasure and mimans to find and an overwhelming amount of side quests. Really good poo poo.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

it's funny that Amanozako's VA reads the line "come on ya want some? do ya?" in an angry voice like she's trying to fight you instead of being excited to find an item

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the music in ginza is loving crazy lol

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I'm not playin 5 yet but I'm going through the 3 HD remaster and the demon archetype personality test questions that make me pause for a second are in full effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OpiCBUGxyc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

signalnoise posted:

I'm not playin 5 yet but I'm going through the 3 HD remaster and the demon archetype personality test questions that make me pause for a second are in full effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OpiCBUGxyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjNJtHhUOzY

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

lol it's true though

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

signalnoise posted:

lol it's true though

it is.. our jokes in tha IZ are both true & hurtful, a little bit.. but always centered in reality.

i just got squad wiped by a fuckin Lamia, lol, for instance... The 3rd area is kind of fuckin crazy

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The problem I have every time I start up a new SMT or Persona game is I am like "I should pick hard" then "wait these games are actually hard" so I pick normal. Then it's too easy, so I pick hard but then eventually it's actually really hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

signalnoise posted:

The problem I have every time I start up a new SMT or Persona game is I am like "I should pick hard" then "wait these games are actually hard" so I pick normal. Then it's too easy, so I pick hard but then eventually it's actually really hard

restart on easy mode.