Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is the Shin Megami Tensei thread. Talk about SMT games in here!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMTV is gonna kick major ayuss. You'll even be able to play it early (9pm EST) if you get the digital version

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You already know what it is. And yes I paid 70 dollars for a 30fps remaster just to play it early (Friday). I got the pc version for any potential mods down the line, but it's coming to Switch & PS4 as well.

Uncompressed audio mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2496195014

100% install this, you won't regret it!!!

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’ll buy it on Swinch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I’ll buy it on Swinch.

Hell, same.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I only played through Nocturne once before and got the Musubi ending. Looking forward to getting True Demon this time around.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bet your rear end im paying ten bucks for dante from devil may cry

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm interested in what the map pack will actually be. Like entirely new zones/dungeons or just 2 maps you can use for money/xp like in SMT4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm interested in what the map pack will actually be. Like entirely new zones/dungeons or just 2 maps you can use for money/xp like in SMT4

I think I read that it’s money/xp grinding maps

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think I read that it’s money/xp grinding maps

weak. the saga frontier remaster is too good, its spoiled remasters for me now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I love Nocturne to death but this remaster isn't doing it for me, dlc dante/raidou just rubs me the wrong way

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still haven’t played Nocturne so I’m excited for the remaster

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I love Nocturne to death but this remaster isn't doing it for me, dlc dante/raidou just rubs me the wrong way

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Been looking forward to this, will probably just get the standard edition and maybe pick up the extras when they go on sale. Like EE said, though, having to pay for Dante is some bullshit.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

it comes with Raidou by default which is nice at least

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it comes with Raidou by default which is nice at least

Not if you buy it on Steam, apparently because of China since Raidou wears an imperial Japanese uniform

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Not if you buy it on Steam, apparently because of China since Raidou wears an imperial Japanese uniform

lmao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Hype as hell for another playthru

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Then who is the boss at that section & chases you through amala later? Smells like bullshit to me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Then who is the boss at that section & chases you through amala later? Smells like bullshit to me

Actually I looked it up and the Raidou stuff is free DLC to get around it but the base game on Steam is basically the originally release which didn’t have Amala

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I’ll buy it on Swinch.

The loading times were really bad in the jp version and it ran like poo poo worse tham the ps2. Very sad

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You already know what it is. And yes I paid 70 dollars for a 30fps remaster just to play it early (Friday). I got the pc version for any potential mods down the line, but it's coming to Switch & PS4 as well.

Too lazy to google or read the thread.

How do I get it early

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

littleorv posted:

Too lazy to google or read the thread.

How do I get it early

You have to preorder the digital deluxe edition (70USD). Speaking of which:

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1395393878425931777?s=19

Steam version unlocks at 10 tonight :hype: :letsgo:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

please label your stream with a spoiler warning lol

enjoy gamer.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ah okay thanks. Will probably just go PS4 so I can play it in the living room and I don't care about potential mod support.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You have to preorder the digital deluxe edition (70USD). Speaking of which:

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1395393878425931777?s=19

Steam version unlocks at 10 tonight :hype: :letsgo:

Weekly unemployment just came through, time to get up in this bizzlenitch.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Weekly unemployment just came through, time to get up in this bizzlenitch.

Let's freaking go. lol normally I would skip this kind of extortion but it's Nocturne.. if it was literally any other game I'd be waiting for a sale

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lets freakin fucken go

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
beat it last year again.. still buying it. the best loving game of all time

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
also, first time I'll be able to recruit Raidou, gently caress yes. lets loving go

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

anyone know when switch unlocks? same time as steam or...?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

also, first time I'll be able to recruit Raidou, gently caress yes. lets loving go

it's pretty funny to see ppl annoyed by not having Dante in by default when the Raidou versions have been expensive collectors items for years now and you get him for free lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's pretty funny to see ppl annoyed by not having Dante in by default when the Raidou versions have been expensive collectors items for years now and you get him for free lol

yep exactly and honestly, while it was cool to see him in the labyrinth I never used him much, so having raidou will be since they should make another loving game with him lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dante was key to me beating the TDE final boss when I played nocturne as my first smt game lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fungah! posted:

anyone know when switch unlocks? same time as steam or...?

Midnight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i only ever got like 10 hours into nocturne and then got stuck on a fight or something but now seems like the time to play through it again with all my Imp friends. I'll be gaming on the PS2 version

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
waiting to see how gnarly the switch port is but i'll probably just get it on steam. can always steam link to phone for bed gaming

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

How's the Steam port? I mean, I'm buying it anyway, but I'm curious what I'll be getting into.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Rabid Boar posted:

How's the Steam port? I mean, I'm buying it anyway, but I'm curious what I'll be getting into.

once you start walking around the framerate is very noticable, but it's nothing game breaking since it at least stays steady. the weird thing is some of the audio tracks sound really bad lol, so it doesn't appear to be too different from the console ports

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

they kept the compressed ps2 audio for the remaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLYyWSmlfJM

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

drat, sucks about the audio and framerate but I'm still getting hype for this. Haven't played it since high school when my True Demon/100% Compendium save was lost when the memory card got corrupted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Rabid Boar posted:

Make sure you enable vsync and high resolution BEFORE you start the game because it won’t let you access the settings (or save and go to the menu) for some time.