Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
There are other things at which it excels that have nothing to do with magic. Or everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

RFK Jr. posted:

I just went to a gathering of 100,000 NFL fans. Still fine but abortion kills that many in less than 6 months in the US.
Abortion in the US kills 100,000 NFL fans in less than six months, but you can kill them all at once?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Australia finally pushing through provisional approval on vaxxes for kids 5-11

https://twitter.com/GuardianAus/status/1467272348516638724

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xlorp posted:

Abortion in the US kills 100,000 NFL fans in less than six months, but you can kill them all at once?

100,000 NFL fans decided they don't want to live without Touchdown Tom

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

AHH F/UGH posted:

lol

The Road (2009) is going to become reality sooner than we thought

Well if the movie was like the book then at least we have a surprise happy ending full of hope for the future

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Bad Purchase posted:

coconut oil is a miracle product on popcorn :colbert:
you misspelled 'ghee'

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

RFK Jr. posted:

Out of my lungs. 28 flights later, 4 helicopter flights, 5 countries, and you’re still imposing what on me?

I just went to a gathering of 100,000 NFL fans. Still fine but abortion kills that many in less than 6 months in the US.

I heard you were saving lives bro.

This reminds me of that weirdo that used to post all the links to nonsense YouTube videos, what was his name? Got constant bans.

Edit: Out of curiosity I looked at his posting history. It’s conspiracy nonsence all the way down. Satanic rituals and everything!

Extra row of tits fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 5, 2021

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Extra row of tits posted:

This reminds me of that weirdo that used to post all the links to nonsense YouTube videos, what was his name? Got constant bans.

Edit: Out of curiosity I looked at his posting history. It’s conspiracy nonsence all the way down. Satanic rituals and everything!

Are you thinking of Gurf?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Are you thinking of Gurf?

Definitely Gurf

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ł ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

That dude is nowhere near as dumb as gurf

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
That’s the one, *Flip off gurf * was the phrase.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Why not just give me time limit to post after regging an account
Kinda like when buying a gun!

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Snowy posted:

Well if the movie was like the book then at least we have a surprise happy ending full of hope for the future

Yeah the kid finds a new family he gets to starve to death with. Huzzah!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Oh goody iv'e got 130 posts to read, either it's a wanker or some really interesting info and......... it's a wanker. :downsbravo:

My brother (pensioner) and his son got Covid and are currently recovering, both as vaxxed as could be but Northern Ireland is a bit of a hotspot at the moment and they were living in a large town.

Now my 70 year old sister & hubby have decided it's a good time to travel... they are sane + vaxxed but they want to visit their kids (all adults with their own kids). :shrug:

I can see that people who are very sociable can have problems with current restrictions but it is for a reason.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Omicron hits here.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Just Another Lurker posted:

It will be interesting to see what happens when Omicron hits here.

There's one case in the Republic of Ireland already and 160 cases identified in the UK so far so it's a pretty safe bet that it's already in Northern Ireland as well

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

It's probably not in every small town yet, but it's definitely going to be after Christmas. If there's two holidays where people will travel 1000+ miles to visit their elderly relatives, it's Thanksgiving and Christmas

When does wedding season kick off? Third week of January? Nothing like spreading a new variant far and wide like a good old fashioned 200+ person wedding

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Omicron is just a stepping stone to the next big variant that gains delta's enhancements as well. Omicron grips onto ace2 receptors better and the future Omicron-Delta will then invade the cell once attached even more effectively.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Elea posted:

Omicron is just a stepping stone to the next big variant that gains delta's enhancements as well. Omicron grips onto ace2 receptors better and the future Omicron-Delta will then invade the cell once attached even more effectively.

this isn't pokemon

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Fritz the Horse posted:

this isn't pokemon

Oh yeah? Well what if it is?? What then huh?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

signalnoise posted:

Oh yeah? Well what if it is?? What then huh?

Congratulations! Your OMICRON evolved into OMICRUNCH!

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fritz the Horse posted:

this isn't pokemon

you do not, under any circumstances, gotta catch em all.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I don’t know how Pokémon breeding works.

Do they have horizontal gene transfer?

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Dec 5, 2021

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It goes Omicron > Omicrunch > Necronomicron

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
fauci -> infauktion -> faukoff

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Hadlock posted:

Eventually on a long enough timescale, tinfoils will accidentally stumble across something useful you can buy off the shelf, and we'll never hear the end of it

This already happened 150 years ago, which is why apparently sane people swear blind by sugar pills. The London Homeopathic Hospital was just about the only medical facility in central London with a positive survival rate in the great cholera epidemics of the mid 19th century - part of this is because blood letting and fasting were still common treatments in other hospitals, but mostly because by pure coincidence they had their own deep well safely uphill from the worst outbreaks. They *still* go on about that as if conventional medicine and science haven't given us both a cure (which is basically just salt, sugar and clean water) and more importantly prevention (sewers and water purification).

If the West would only spend a fraction of *billions* they spend on homeopathy on clean water projects around the world we'd have cholera wiped out - and that would actually be the first time homeopathy had saved a life since the Great Stink.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Platystemon posted:

I don’t know how Pokémon breeding works.

Do they have horizontal gene transfer?

not usually but I've got a TM19: Horizontal Gene Transfer that can teach them that move

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fritz the Horse posted:

this isn't pokemon

No, it’s a Megaten game. FUSE THOSE BITCHES.

I’m hoping I don’t get a Jack Frost again

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

Fritz the Horse posted:

this isn't pokemon

We literally just started sequencing omicron and multiple variants of it with delta's furin spike cleavage have been observed. Why wouldn't it be the future?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I really wish people in here who aren't virologists or someone in a related science would stop speculating on stuff only a virologist or someone in a related science is qualified to answer.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Was that guy's threat to create yet another website about how mean SA is to dipshits? At least have an original idea for "revenge".

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

kdrudy posted:

Was that guy's threat to create yet another website about how mean SA is to dipshits? At least have an original idea for "revenge".

That is less stupid than his other form of revenge “Provide a constant stream of funding”

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

kdrudy posted:

If that's the case, I hope they reregister and post a link, so we can all point and laugh at their dumb rear end. :allears:

liz
Nov 4, 2004

Stop listening to the static.
Thanks for all the advice re saying no to crowded restaurants and such… Hopefully people understand and/or I will learn to give less fucks 🤷‍♀️

How does this thread feel about restaurants? Are they risky for the average healthy person? I still feel like that only human I know that hasn’t done indoor dining since before the pandemic. Even my bf is now wanting to branch out and I’m over here like ‘but what about all those particles from strangers?’

Part of me would love to sit on a cozy corner of a cafe with my sketchbook, sipping coffee and spending hours trying to capture the world around me with watercolors but… all my brain thinks is, was it worth it? Still have yet to unlock that level!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

liz posted:

Thanks for all the advice re saying no to crowded restaurants and such… Hopefully people understand and/or I will learn to give less fucks 🤷‍♀️

How does this thread feel about restaurants? Are they risky for the average healthy person? I still feel like that only human I know that hasn’t done indoor dining since before the pandemic. Even my bf is now wanting to branch out and I’m over here like ‘but what about all those particles from strangers?’

Part of me would love to sit on a cozy corner of a cafe with my sketchbook, sipping coffee and spending hours trying to capture the world around me with watercolors but… all my brain thinks is, was it worth it? Still have yet to unlock that level!

My wife and I have eaten in two restaurants since this got bad, one had outside seating and the other was inside. Didn't feel great at the second one, but we were meeting family we hadn't seen for awhile so made the decision it was an okay risk.

We've done takeout a number of times, masking up and going inside to pay and pick up the order; we feel fairly safe doing this. We've also ordered pizza and had it delivered.

Our big risk remains our daughter attending preschool, where they wear masks but you know, we aren't super confident they would actually prevent anything. But the alternative makes our jobs extremely difficult. She actually got Covid there earlier and passed it to us, but luckily it was only mild.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Welp, friends cousin (double Pfizer) living with her tested positive and we were all together last Wednesday. Time to deepthroat some swabs :sigh:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Me and family go to restaurants occasionally, but this area has good vaccine uptake, good mask-wearing, and we don't go during peak hours or to crowded places. So far so good, but it is a calculated risk every time.

Myself and everyone in my circle fully vaxxed and boosted, in case that wasn't already assumed.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's pretty loving risky, just go to a park or something.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's pretty loving risky, just go to a park or something.

I did when it was warmer, and it's not like I'm going out every day.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

liz posted:

The last restaurant I ate at was in February 2020 but I've been picking up orders from a few local places since I got vaccinated in March 2021, probably once a week. I don't think I'd have it in me to eat indoors with strangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Re: restaurants, everyone's risk tolerance is different, and it also depends on where you are. In Seattle there's lower spread and restaurants and bars and events are required to ask for proof of vaccination in King County so we feel like it's within our acceptable risk tolerance to eat inside occasionally.

Edit: both of us are vaccinated and boosted too.

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 6, 2021