Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ardennes posted:

It is about connecting with your jerk bag sociopathic “friends.”

How does Xanax mix with vodka?

That's how they got that Hillary laughing for 10 hours video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Ardennes posted:

that's a complicated way to spell biden

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Alec Eiffel posted:

Serious question: why don’t the Democrats run on a popular platform that will better the lives of millions of Americans and then execute their platform once in office? It seems pretty simple. In fact, it might be a part of the basic job description of a politician. Anyway, that’s what I would do.

Excuse me but your vote belongs to the Democrats. They owe you NOTHING and gently caress you for even suggesting "policies" or "results" come into it.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

bag em and tag em posted:

Excuse me but your vote belongs to the Democrats. They owe you NOTHING and gently caress you for even suggesting "policies" or "results" come into it.

since they are more interested at fundraising to lose elections, we should keep it that way then

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

There's no way "London Breed" is a real person's name. Get the gently caress outta here.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Alec Eiffel posted:

Serious question: why don’t the Democrats run on a popular platform that will better the lives of millions of Americans and then execute their platform once in office? It seems pretty simple. In fact, it might be a part of the basic job description of a politician. Anyway, that’s what I would do.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, so it looks like we should be prepared to vote out the current cadre of cads. I’m glad there’s a mechanism in representative democracy to make sure there isn’t political bloat weighing down the party.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

At first blush this might seem false but when I actually think about I can't remember a politician telling me they'd do anything to improve my life at all.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

LastInLine posted:

At first blush this might seem false but when I actually think about I can't remember a politician telling me they'd do anything to improve my life at all.

I’m curious how they categorized vague platitudes and promises to “support” legislation which isn’t the same as passing it

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Noob Saibot posted:

Can you imagine if the libs end up storming the capitol over broken campaign promises

there will be protests if '24 is stolen, which will be immediately condemned by democrats who don't want to appear to be doing a 1/6

the republican congress will still hold hearings on the "radical left insurrection" regardless

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hopefully republicans imprison democrats

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

there will be protests if '24 is stolen, which will be immediately condemned by democrats who don't want to appear to be doing a 1/6

the republican congress will still hold hearings on the "radical left insurrection" regardless

The liberal elite media will cheer it on until someone yells at McConnell at a restaurant, at which point they will condemn the protestors and say we need to move on.

Obama will beam down from planet billionaire to say we just need to vote harder next time.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
liberals, well known for putting the money where the mouth is

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Ardennes posted:

I used to be terrified of flying so I got a xanax once for a Chicago-Vienna flight. We got bumped to business class and got pre-flight champagne. I was unaware of the interaction. Anyway when I woke up we were taxiing in Vienna.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

Last year, she listened as Joe Biden promised he would protect the right to vote if he was elected president. “One thing the Senate and the president can do right away is pass the bill to restore the Voting Rights Act … it’s one of the first things I’ll do as president if elected. We can’t let the fundamental right to vote be denied,” he said in July last year.

Months later, Butler and other organizers had a breakthrough that had been years in the making. After years of investing in voter mobilization, turnout among Black voters surged in the November election, helping Joe Biden win a state long seen as a Republican stronghold. In January, Black voters came out again and helped Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock win two upset Senate bids, giving Democrats control of the US Senate.

On the night he was elected president, Biden called out the Black voters who helped him capture the presidency, saying: “When this campaign was at its lowest – the African American community stood up again for me. They always have my back, and I’ll have yours.”

And so, after Biden was inaugurated, Butler and many others expected that voting rights would be one of the first things the president and Democrats addressed.

Instead, during the president’s first year in office, Butler has watched with dismay as Biden and Democrats have failed to pass any voting rights legislation. Meanwhile, Republicans in Georgia passed sweeping new voting restrictions, one of several places across the country that made it harder to vote.

“It is disheartening, I can tell you, out of all the work we’ve put in to have fair elections, to get people engaged, and to have the Senate that will not act to protect the most sacred right, the right to vote, is unheard of,” Butler said.

“[It] makes voters say ‘Did I vote for the right people? … you haven’t fought for me. Why should I fight to keep you in office in 2022?’”

As the window to pass legislation closes, some voting rights activists say the White House is too passive.

After Biden made his strongest signal to date of altering the filibuster, activists had high hopes for getting details on strategy during a 15 November meeting with Kamala Harris, whom Biden asked to lead the White House’s voting rights effort.

Instead, Harris gave six minutes of remarks and then left staff to answer questions. Some attendees were upset and one, Cliff Albright, a co-founder of Black Voters Matter, told the Guardian of the meeting: “Nothing substantive came out of it, it was very frustrating.”

Like Butler, Albright said he was concerned about the message to Black voters who turned out and helped elect Biden and Harris.

“You’ve got people in the White House and friends of the White House that believe ‘if we get it done, people don’t care how long it took.’ I think that they’re dangerously mistaken,” he said. “People remember that you prioritized everything else above our interests.”

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Just so I'm clear: the four committees that Joe Manchin is on, they can remove him from those, yes? Or at least threaten to do that? And they're just...not?

The democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
Take: The demonrats WANT to get destroyed in 2022.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

“[It] makes voters say ‘Did I vote for the right people?

No, no you did not.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

CaptainACAB posted:

Do you have a better idea for how to win in 2024?

Policies? Do you mean those things we have staffers invent for our website?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

CaptainACAB posted:

the democrats as a political party want to get destroyed for the obvious reasons

but also, democrat voters want the party to get destroyed because they don't interact with (or are too cowardly to interact with) GOP voters, but are able to interact with leftists and now-disillusioned ex-democrat-voters, and democrat losses are an easy channel to give them the libidinal thrill of telling someone (who will reply and argue with them) that they're Wrong and Voted Badly. Especially now that they can't constantly rile themselves up quote retweeting donald trump

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

i mean look how fast obama moved when the nba players were talking about going on strike of course if there were serious protests he'd magically appear again

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

CaptainACAB posted:

this is doomer talk we dont appreciate that

blue wave is coming, i am manifesting a blue wave tulpa

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"The democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022", says increasingly confident man for eighth time this year

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Nothus posted:

The liberal elite media will cheer it on until someone yells at McConnell at a restaurant, at which point they will condemn the protestors and say we need to move on.

Obama will beam down from planet billionaire to say we just need to vote harder next time.

All I want is for once after Trump wins in 24 regardless of the actual vote, and it's mask off even for liberals that this isn't a democracy, for Obama to say "vote harder" in a speech at a commencement or something and get booed

And then just watch as Obama's ego is crushed and he goes full heel Chappelle mode and starts ranting about CRT and trans rights

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Srice posted:

trump would insult pete with some ubiquitous pop culture reference again and once again pete would fall on his face trying to formulate a comeback

Pete loses the LGBT vote because Trump makes a mid 80s pop culture reference and Pete reveals he doesn't have a favorite Streisand album

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
He puts the rat in Democrat

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

All I want is for once after Trump wins in 24 regardless of the actual vote, and it's mask off even for liberals that this isn't a democracy, for Obama to say "vote harder" in a speech at a commencement or something and get booed

And then just watch as Obama's ego is crushed and he goes full heel Chappelle mode and starts ranting about CRT and trans rights

It will be very funny even the democrats get destroyed in 2022 but don’t fool yourself into thinking democrat voters will ever learn anything

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

i mean look how fast obama moved when the nba players were talking about going on strike of course if there were serious protests he'd magically appear again

It's like similar to the DNC whenever a grassroots movement starts gathering steam, he shows up to co-opt it or destroy it.

Obama is basically the type of liberal Lenin warned about in his various books.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

Pete loses the LGBT vote because Trump makes a mid 80s pop culture reference and Pete reveals he doesn't have a favorite Streisand album

lol unironically ask trump and pete about david byrne and see who gives a better answer

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

DoubleDonut posted:

It will be very funny even the democrats get destroyed in 2022 but don’t fool yourself into thinking democrat voters will ever learn anything

One can hope, but in my heart I know my lib family will be haranguing me about voting for Dems even if its plainly obvious they're controlled opposition

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

i say swears online posted:

lol unironically ask trump and pete about david byrne and see who gives a better answer

Wait, what did David Byrne do other than wear a giant novelty suit that I need to be aware of?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

this is doomer talk we dont appreciate that

blue wave is coming, i am manifesting a blue wave tulpa

BLUE WAVE BLUE WAVE

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

One can hope, but in my heart I know my lib family will be haranguing me about voting for Dems even if its plainly obvious they're controlled opposition

I wonder if they know if they're controlled opposition

Like, the Dems select in a way that only complete lizards rise to the top of the party. Those lizards, however, really DO believe In The System and that everyone really wants a 1982 moderate

It's hall monitors and professional scolds all the way down

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Well they richest and oldest, who else would be the get off my lawn?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

smug jeebus posted:

Just so I'm clear: the four committees that Joe Manchin is on, they can remove him from those, yes? Or at least threaten to do that? And they're just...not?

The democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Hilariously, I don't believe they can: you need 50 votes to amend the rules, and he will probably not support that. It would be funny to make him vote for it, though, and would make reelection difficult or impossible if they had 48 votes to remove him.

They have many, many ways of making his life miserable, though. They could move his office every week, they could ban him from the party office space and force him to rent his own. The DOJ could investigate his daughter, the ethics committee could investigate him. They could gently caress up his travel and make it hard for him to go home, they could schedule all four of his committees to meet at the same time on purpose. They don't want to.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

I wonder if they know if they're controlled opposition

My dad actually believes the democrats are Good People. He's the archetypal low info lib boomer. My mom doesn't have such illusions but thinks the Republicans being worse is always good reason enough to vote. My sister I worry about, she still believes We Can Move Them Left

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Only South Carolina matters

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

Hilariously, I don't believe they can: you need 50 votes to amend the rules, and he will probably not support that. It would be funny to make him vote for it, though, and would make reelection difficult or impossible if they had 48 votes to remove him.

They have many, many ways of making his life miserable, though. They could move his office every week, they could ban him from the party office space and force him to rent his own. The DOJ could investigate his daughter, the ethics committee could investigate him. They could gently caress up his travel and make it hard for him to go home, they could schedule all four of his committees to meet at the same time on purpose. They don't want to.

doing any of this would make us Literally Just As Bad As Trump and that is far, far too high a price to pay for eg. reproductive rights

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/mkarolian/status/1467959999645298697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/st...ingawful.com%2F