Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Guess Seattle really is in win now mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
lol imagine getting swept by these Seahawks

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
the ravens chose not to play for the tie and they faced the consequences

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Magicpants posted:

the ravens chose not to play for the tie and they faced the consequences

Meanwhile the Steelers have already tied and thus won.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Vertical Lime posted:

the 2002 afc

where multiple 8-8 teams finished in last place

NFC 1999, or as it is fondly remembered, WE NEED MORE POINTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ83nnODDjs

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
.Ravens should have ridden thee Tucker train n to Boneless Football

through that pass play selection to Andrews just seemed destined to fail (as-opposed to Lamar just running it in)

When the two of them haven't been on-time all night,why try it again?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

defaultluser posted:

.Ravens should have ridden thee Tucker train n to Boneless Football

through that pass play selection to Andrews just seemed destined to fail (as-opposed to Lamar just running it in)

When the two of them haven't been on-time all night,why try it again?

Pittsburgh scored on every possession in the 4th quarter and Humphrey was hurt. There was a good chance if we tied it up there we'd never get the ball back. It was a good playcall Lamar just botched the throw.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

BlindSite posted:

Minshew has to be locked in to start in philly moving forward right?

Eagles have a bye next week and then spend the rest of the season in the division, so if ever there were a time for a hot hand to step in and make a playoff run, this would be it

It's one game against a Jets team that didn't gameplan for Minshew at all, but this team has been a clusterfuck of overachieving backups causing controversy since McNabb/Detmer so who knows

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Pittsburgh scored on every possession in the 4th quarter and Humphrey was hurt. There was a good chance if we tied it up there we'd never get the ball back. It was a good playcall Lamar just botched the throw.

Watt was on top of him but ok

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

Watt was on top of him but ok

Andrews was wide open and the intended receiver from the design of the play.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Your 2021 Baltimore Ravens.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Wrong thread

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
The Philadelphing Eagles are officially IN THE HUNT!!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Your 2021 Baltimore Ravens.

wild season

good decision to go for 2, good play to do it, couldn't get it done. I'm glad they had the chance at least and didn't get picked off in the end zone or something at least.

Marlo being out makes everything so much harder and I don't see it happening this year. of course I didn't in 2012 so who knows.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

-+If Harvbaugh knows what he is doing, he will take the fifth year option.,and then make up his mind by thee end of next year.

if Lamar still hasn't recovered From Long Covid by next season, we can trade our washed-up QB to Denver once-again.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

wild season

good decision to go for 2, good play to do it, couldn't get it done. I'm glad they had the chance at least and didn't get picked off in the end zone or something at least.

Marlo being out makes everything so much harder and I don't see it happening this year. of course I didn't in 2012 so who knows.

This offensive line doesn't have the potential to do what the 2012 line did. The only guy on that line not playing at least at a pro-bowl level was Oher. There isn't that potential on this team for something like that unless Lamar magically regains speed and learns to read defenses faster.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I feel like TJ Watt just did a good job getting right in Lamar's grill on that last play to disrupt the throw a little. :shrug:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

I feel like TJ Watt just did a good job getting right in Lamar's grill on that last play to disrupt the throw a little. :shrug:

Yeah he did no doubt but the throw was still to a wide open receiver and we knew Watt was getting in all night. A QB worth paying has got to make that throw.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Way more irritated with Roman than Jackson. 14 possession drives are how you finish off a game, not how you build a lead early. Total lack of deep passing despite the line holding up well in passing the 1st half.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah he did no doubt but the throw was still to a wide open receiver and we knew Watt was getting in all night. A QB worth paying has got to make that throw.

cmon there’s a wide gap between “a good qb who made a hurried throw” and “a qb worth playing.” are you saying Lamar isn’t [i]worth playing??

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

indigi posted:

cmon there’s a wide gap between “a good qb who made a hurried throw” and “a qb worth playing.” are you saying Lamar isn’t [i]worth playing??

I'm saying he's not worth giving a big deal to based on his performances this year. If he can read defenses and hit open receivers we have that game wrapped up by the 4th.

Outside of the Browns who are horrendous in the AFCN the Ravens have been a very bad divisional team for a while. Most of the time when we beat Pittsburgh it's because Roethlisberger is out and whenever he's in they take us apart or win late like that. And of course whenever the Bengals are good they own us even worse.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 6, 2021

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

yeah he was wide open so the defensive end on top of him doesnt really matter

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

yeah he was wide open so the defensive end on top of him doesnt really matter

Andrews was who the play was designed to go to. That throw has got to be made. You know Watt is going to be right in there he's had like four sacks. You know right where you're throwing it.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Andrews was who the play was designed to go to. That throw has got to be made. You know Watt is going to be right in there he's had like four sacks. You know right where you're throwing it.

the play was designed to bait watt into playing the run, he didnt.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Almost 2022. People still arguing earnestly with Kawalimus lol.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Almost 2022. People still arguing earnestly with Kawalimus lol.

this board is dead gotta argue with who you got

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

the play was designed to bait watt into playing the run, he didnt.

Regardless of that he had been rushing the passer all night and you have to expect him to be right in there.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Regardless of that he had been rushing the passer all night and you have to expect him to be right in there.

hes the highest paid defensive player in the league maybe he just made a play

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

hes the highest paid defensive player in the league maybe he just made a play

And if Lamar should be a highly paid QB maybe he should have made a play.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I would have designed the play to have a fullback protect lamar imho

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

And if Lamar should be a highly paid QB maybe he should have made a play.

he did drive down the field with less than 2 mins and a timeout

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Despera posted:

no drive!! only play.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
maybe can trade for this mahomes guy or hes probably too washed up for kawal

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

Against a poorly-used prevent defense after failing to complete passes all afternoon.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
kaw is right, lamar should hit the open market and go to a new team

e: also the ravens should invest in time travel technology

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 6, 2021

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

maybe can trade for this mahomes guy or hes probably too washed up for kawal

I'd be happy to trade him for 2020 Lamar. Who was way better with a beat up line and worse receivers.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I think the ravens should trade Lamar to the saints, we'll give you a 2nd and... that shrimp po boy we tried to give the browns for obj.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

I think the ravens should trade Lamar to the saints, we'll give you a 2nd and... that shrimp po boy we tried to give the browns for obj.

I think we will end up signing him.

I will just have to pray it's just the yips and that he gets over it next year and Dobbins and Edwards(is he a FA?) and even maybe Stanley can somehow come back and everything gels back together and we can forget all about this horrible stretch that is somehow worse than his rookie season before he was even ready.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I think we will end up signing him.

Oh you think theyll sign the guy who has the most wins of any quarterback at his age? And a MVP? You think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

Oh you think theyll sign the guy who has the most wins of any quarterback at his age? And a MVP? You think?

The MVP was two years ago and he's gotten worse each year after. No way should that be enough to guarantee him money three years later when he hasn't played up to that potential again.