Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Is there any team in particular that wants covid, they could trade for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I mean I've been the dude's biggest defender since his rookie year. But I am not making excuses for the past month of play. You act like I've hated the guy from the very beginning but I loved him in his rookie year before anyone would've ever thought he'd be mvp.

He's just not good anymore. Maybe it was getting covid twice i don't know. He's got the yips. Maybe he can lose them. I hope he does. I want to be wrong.

i wasn't talking to you in particular it was a legitimate hypothetical

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i personally would have to think about it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

chamois posted:

i wasn't talking to you in particular it was a legitimate hypothetical

Sorry I'm still damaged from The Flacco Wars :D

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The AFCN

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lamar has seemed slower most of this season and has not had the breakaway speed to punish teams for sending the house, from the few games I've actually been able to watch

the ravens cannot really afford to let him go and it is going to cost a lot and theres nothing to really do about that. i think the only truly team favorable outcome is lamar on a short contract incase he fully explodes but thats going to be hard to swing and would still just kick the can down the road. joe flacco

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

D-LINK posted:

The AFCN
Wouldn't change it for the world

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lamar took some walloping hits today that I do not usually see. On the plus side, he only fumbled once and got away it for a change

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Id love for the ravens to fire everybody, rebuild and in the first game of the rebuild have him demand the firing of all the new guys.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

Lamar took some walloping hits today that I do not usually see. On the plus side, he only fumbled once and got away it for a change

He's been a bit better about the fumbles in recent games but worse on stupid picks and still just doesn't know when to get rid of the ball.

I do agree he looks slower but there's a part of me that thinks he is trying to force himself to be a pocket passer which he just doesn't really have the instinct to do the majority of the time.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Despera posted:

Id love for the ravens to fire everybody, rebuild and in the first game of the rebuild have him demand the firing of all the new guys.

kawalimus spending a decade saying he would trade playoff success to just have a fun team and then going nooo noooo nooo not like this as derrick henry beat the poo poo out of the baltimore ravens was very funny, to me

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

kawalimus spending a decade saying he would trade playoff success to just have a fun team and then going nooo noooo nooo not like this as derrick henry beat the poo poo out of the baltimore ravens was very funny, to me

the heart wants what it wants, even if its 40 things in two seconds

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

What really hosed us in that game though was Mark Ingram getting hurt in the Browns game and then us kind of forcing him in that one. It threw off our whole rhythm. We should have just used Edwards though! We would have been fine. We also panicked and went pass-happy when it wasn't necessary being down by like a score or two in the first half like we were going to run out of time.

If Ingram had been healthy then we would have probably just kept our meat grinder going and probably had like a 50/50 shot at beating the Chiefs and going to the SB for a dreaded rematch.

You're sort of saying that like the 2019 Ravens were a fun team not really built to win the SB but oh they very well could have if A)Ingram hadn't got hurt or B)we just didn't try to force him as our top back in the Titans game or got panicky just because we were down. The 2019 Ravens were one of the best teams to ever play so having them go down like that was pretty poo poo.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 6, 2021

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao Bengals, I'm so mad I didn't bet my house against them this week, most predictable turd of a performance imaginable.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Good game Bengals fans

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the bengals are pretty bad and also herbie is pretty good

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.
God drat, Lamar loves that ball so much he just wont let it go early.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Quoth the Raven "Eight and four."

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Martindale confounds me as a fan. I don't know whether to call for his firing or not. Sometimes I feel like he is one of the best DCs in the league and other times I think he is absolute garbage. And I'm not sure which one it really is. His efforts against Derrick Henry and Nick Chubb the last two years have been unreal and occasionally his defense will just control a whole game. The problem is I feel like he has no clue how to develop rushers some of the time. We always are struggling to put pressure on opposing QBs and I think we don't put our rushers in the best place to succeed. Look at last year we had Judon and Ngakoue and we couldn't get any rush. This year we have the surprising Odafe Oweh, Justin Houston, Calais Campbell healthier, Bowser playing well at times and also Queen playing well at a new position. But what do we see? We still struggle to get after the QB in most games.

So that's what I mean. What do you do with a DC like that?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Fifty Three posted:

Quoth the Raven "Eight and four."

Quoth the Raven "Eight--no more"

That's where we're headed.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kawalimus posted:

Again the way he's playing right now he's extremely replaceable. Take a pedestrian deal or let him walk. Unless the 2019 MVP comes back out of nowhere, he ain't worth it. I've loved the guy. But let's not deny what's in front of us in the present. He blows.

If you need two all-pro lineman, two top receivers, two starting caliber RBs to be good you are not worth a huge deal.

Sounds like he should be traded to the San Francisco 49ers. Let’s make a deal

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

If you value him that highly then two firsts no leas.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lamar for trey str8^

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
idk trey was worth 3 first rounders, i think itd be even if the ravens give back lamar + a 1st

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Right now we are wasting Rashod Bateman because of Lamars regression. He got no targets this last game. Hes looked like he has potential but he'll never develop if we dont use him. Same old song and dance with these ravens. This organization just hates wideouts. Every time I think we're turning a corner we slide back into the same old dumb things and only a full flushing will fix it.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if u target a wr enough they gain double xp

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ghost Dog posted:

if u target a wr enough they gain double xp

This is literally what mcmagic believes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Its not perfectly RPG-like in that way but no player at a skill position ever developed by being excluded entirely from gameplans.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Its not perfectly RPG-like in that way but no player at a skill position ever developed by being excluded entirely from gameplans.

well good thing they dont and never have done that.

kawa how do you invent something and then mid sentence forget you just made it up like three words ago, it seems like your brains most powerful setting and i want the happiness lobotomizing yourself like this brings. do you even watch birds or is it all a great fiction

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
kaw you silly goose, quit your squawking, you've gone quackers, completely cuckoo, i mean your take is for the birds, you're really gonna eat crow

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Kaa kaa kaaw

The secret is Kawalimus is always right

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gatts posted:

Kaa kaa kaaw

The secret is Kawalimus is always right

It's easy to be right when you predict eventual doom and you don't win the Super Bowl every year. A real Nostradamus.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gatts posted:

The secret is Kawalimus is always wrong

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

well good thing they dont and never have done that.

kawa how do you invent something and then mid sentence forget you just made it up like three words ago, it seems like your brains most powerful setting and i want the happiness lobotomizing yourself like this brings. do you even watch birds or is it all a great fiction

I can't give away my secrets :D

Went down to the eastern shore today and saw the continuing Tropical Kingbird and Snowy Owl!! What a pair of birds to see on the same day!!!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Ravens have been all over prime time so I've watched a few of their games. I agree with the sentiment that Lamar's nowhere near as good as he usually is about avoiding the big hit. I just flat out don't understand people, though, who don't want to pay him all the money. If the Ravens let Lamar walk - which they won't because they're not loving stupid unfortunately - I will be thrilled.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

The Ravens have been all over prime time so I've watched a few of their games. I agree with the sentiment that Lamar's nowhere near as good as he usually is about avoiding the big hit. I just flat out don't understand people, though, who don't want to pay him all the money. If the Ravens let Lamar walk - which they won't because they're not loving stupid unfortunately - I will be thrilled.

A QB in his 4th year shouldnt have such a difficult time finding open receivers. Guys are getting open. Hes not able to make the reads. Thats a problem. You cant pay a guy huge money who cant do that.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kawalimus do you ever stop mid paragraph when you type out He Cant Make The Reads and remember that you dont know anything about qb reads

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the qb does a little hutty. this figures out whether the defenders are going to go north or south and if they're going to dance around or chase someone. and that's already the third read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Tbh I don't understand how qbs to things but that's because madden is loving awful and doesn't even have a tutorial for how to play football because the only thing that matters is cheesing your stupid card game teams.