Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hassy0924/status/1465924496418766850?s=20

Maya is not going to a bigger company. Didn't even bother getting in touch with them. She thinks they want someone younger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hikari Noa is already begging CyberFight to let her take part

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This is a huge loss for the Ice Ribbon roster right?

I can't imagine the people running the promotion are particularly happy about letting those deathmatch wrestling exhibition matches happen.

Although the departure seems amicable in the sense that the press conference is happening in the dojo and Ice Ribbon understandably saying we can't present full on hardcore and deathmatch within the Ice Ribbon brand.

Sakuraism in the mud as more and more wrestlers leave Sakuraist promotions to do deathmatch and UWFi rules matches.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Is Maya like secretly in her 40's?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Is Maya like secretly in her 40's?

Mid-late 30s I think. She had a pretty good career before she switched over to wrestling.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

fez_machine posted:

This is a huge loss for the Ice Ribbon roster right?

I can't imagine the people running the promotion are particularly happy about letting those deathmatch wrestling exhibition matches happen.

It certainly feels like a pretty big loss, but we'll see how it plays out in actual practice. Ice Ribbon's never had much problem working with people outside their system (ask a hundred joshi fans whether or not Maika Ozaki is signed with Ice Ribbon and see how that shakes out), and they've already confirmed that Yukihi will continue wrestling for Ice Ribbon and that the ones going to Prominence could. I think Ice Ribbon will probably be fine with their remaining roster, moving up some of the now-homeless P's Party talent, and continuing to pull from outside, too. But we'll see.

To the second point, Sera's been doing deathmatches for years, sometimes even under the Ice Ribbon banner, so I don't think that's much of a factor. They also give Rina Yamashita a lot more work than I'd think a promotion that balks at death/hardcore matches would.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

If Rossy were cool he could book Prominence as an invading unit to set up a one off hardcore match with DDM at a big show. Too bad he isn't cool. Also those girls may actually hate Giulia IRL so there are a lot of things preventing that from happening. But imagine if it did.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

If Rossy were cool he could book Prominence as an invading unit to set up a one off hardcore match with DDM at a big show. Too bad he isn't cool. Also those girls may actually hate Giulia IRL so there are a lot of things preventing that from happening. But imagine if it did.

Suzu and Giulia are close The others might have different feelings. I actually saw Giulia and Maika heading to the train station from Korakuen after the JTO show Suzu wrestled on. Tsukka was there too which could have been awkward if they bumped into each other

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Prominence vs ERE, book it sickos

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Given all the departures, who's left on the IR roster?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Given all the departures, who's left on the IR roster?

Tsukasa Fujimoto
Tsukushi Haruka
Totoro Satsuki
Hamuko Hoshi
Ibuki Hoshi
Asahi
Banny Oikawa
Yappy
Nao Ishikawa
Yuki Mashiro
Saran
Kiku
Kaho Matsushita

So it's still one of the larger rosters in joshi wrestling even before you count their regular freelancers Maika Ozaki, Rina Yamashita, Ram Kaichow and Saori Anou, and that everyone who left except Kyuri and Thekla will still freelance for them.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
The departures still find them in a really interesting place with a lot of promising rookies and goofballs under two of the best joshi wrestlers working anywhere today imo, so I really expect Ice Ribbon to keep on Ice Ribboning

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/deadlockpro/status/1466905088815812609?t=HC6bt3Kwm_nQPyA_WbCLQA&s=19

Guess Ryo is dropping the belt to Arisa and going right back to the US

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm surprised, honestly, but I guess she enjoys wrestling in the US even if she hasn't had a prominent role in AEW since coming back.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1466947122616737792?s=20

:negative: :negative: :negative:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

She was looking noticeably thinner when she returned. Never good news to hear.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm not sure why Sonny didn't translate it, but the Japanese account and press are saying that she's actually leaving the promotion when her contract expires at the end of December.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

I'm surprised, honestly, but I guess she enjoys wrestling in the US even if she hasn't had a prominent role in AEW since coming back.

Ryo's on record saying that the only reason she didn't retire is the AEW contract. She, like Emi, is going to make this work come hell or high water.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

One of those reports said that she plans to return to Stardom when she does come back to wrestling so maybe he decided it wasn't worth mentioning.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Yeah I saw one report that she would work for STARDOM "occasionally". Maybe as a freelancer? STARDOM doesn't really use them anymore. Maybe it's a "wait and see" situation.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Every Japanese source I've seen so far has been pretty unambiguous about her leaving the promotion with terms that sound pretty final (but don't preclude her potentially returning as a freelancer or something), so I'm curious about the language in the one(s) that suggest she might return and how certain they are about it.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 4, 2021

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Johnny Landmine posted:

Every Japanese source I've seen so far has been pretty unambiguous about her leaving the promotion, so I'm curious about the language in the one(s) that suggest she might return and how certain they are about it.

https://twitter.com/k_o_n_a_m_i_/status/1467057397449785347/photo/1

Her tweet makes it pretty clear that she'd like to return to Stardom when she comes back.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Well, there it is.

e: Kind of hard to square that with her contract getting released and her formally leaving the promotion. It kind of makes me think that either she'll be a freelancer again, or she's expecting to be out long enough that officially leaving Stardom was the only option, but I guess we'll see.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 4, 2021

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Nodoka Tenma and Marika Kobashi have announced that they'll be leaving TJPW next spring (Nodoka's last show is on 3/26, Marika's on 4/17)

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1467766164969631744

After Nodoka Tenma leaves, Nodoka Oneesan's coming back, right? Right?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

Well, there it is.

e: Kind of hard to square that with her contract getting released and her formally leaving the promotion. It kind of makes me think that either she'll be a freelancer again, or she's expecting to be out long enough that officially leaving Stardom was the only option, but I guess we'll see.

They made Jungle get a shoot job while she was injury leave so maybe they just don't want to pay her when she's on a leave of absence.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aww I liked Marika

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Johnny Landmine posted:

Well, there it is.

Could be that's she wants to finish out her contract before taking her break. If there's only a few months left then why not I guess.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Sorry, I see I wasn't clear - going by what Rossy's tweeted, she's being released from her contract before it would typically end.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Johnny Landmine posted:

Nodoka Tenma and Marika Kobashi have announced that they'll be leaving TJPW next spring (Nodoka's last show is on 3/26, Marika's on 4/17)

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1467766164969631744

After Nodoka Tenma leaves, Nodoka Oneesan's coming back, right? Right?

The wording difference between this announcement and the others makes me think they're both done with wrestling

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Tenma has confirmed she will retire after graduating. https://twitter.com/nodoka_tjp/status/1467779185083293696?t=UopzE2LIlaeaRU92TRroPg&s=19

"As announced, I will retire after graduating from Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling at the Otemachi Tournament on March 26, 2022.
I'm lonely!

I want to do everything so that I won't forget it.
There are a lot of gratitude that I can't convey.
Ryogoku Kokugikan also goes with everyone! Of course, it's overcrowded!
4 months left, nice to meet you!
#tjpw"

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Using 卒業/graduation instead of 退団/the more typical word for leaving an organization is a TJPW thing held over from its roots in idol culture (it's still used when idols retire from their groups) but yeah, I don't expect to see either of them wrestling again. Marika might come back when she's done with college, but Nodoka is literally moving back to Okayama to be a farmer lol

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1467772480345767936

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nodoka should join Senjo and get the best of both worlds. P

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Johnny Landmine posted:

Nodoka is literally moving back to Okayama to be a farmer lol

I hope SG Bamboo is all right :ohdear:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Tenma suplexing bales of hay across a field.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

I hope SG Bamboo is all right :ohdear:

This is bad news to wake up to :smith:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is why dads never want to get their kids into joshi wrestling

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cavauro posted:

this is why dads never want to get their kids into joshi wrestling

It leads to farming

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1467841267090563075?s=20

Marika Kobashi explains to Kenta Kobashi how she got her name lol

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lamuella posted:

It leads to farming

It's all an excuse to give someone else "Old MacDonald" as a theme song again, isn't it? :v:

I'm sad, but I'm happy for them. Go be wonderful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1467841267090563075?s=20

Marika Kobashi explains to Kenta Kobashi how she got her name lol

Thank you posting this tweet so I never had to ask a stupid question :sweatdrop: