Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Leperflesh posted:

Not including either of you, we have four people signed up for LR3. It will kick off either when we get at least 8, or on December 8th (one week after LR2 kicked off), whichever comes first.

e. The Bloop is all signed up, so we're at 5 now.

I don't know if I'm included in those numbers so just in case I want in the next round. I'll send another email as well.

Bucnasti posted:

I wanna make someone's holiday merry.

Gift Preferences:
I love Chewbacca and Orks.
I recently moved into a house and my walls are in need of decorations
I paint miniatures but I think I've got enough of them unpainted already (I mean unless they're really fuckin weird), I'm getting into making terrain so any neat bits and bobs for that would be cool
I play RPGs and board games, so accessories for either would be fun.
I don't like beer or coffee and I don't eat sweets anymore

Be creative, I tend to just buy any generally available stuff I want/need. Or if you've international send me something I can't find in the US.

Vow:
Grinchin' is for suckas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

I don't know if I'm included in those numbers so just in case I want in the next round. I'll send another email as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1cSs8uZQYo

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

gently caress it, lets do it. Sign me up for LR3.

quote:

What I love:

RPGs, D&D/pathfinder/starfinder? (haven't played starfinder ever, but want to), scifi, cyberpunk stuff, post-apoc, The Matrix, strategy games, books, music instruments (guitar, ukulele, kalimba), minis, deck builder games (hero realms, star realms, epic, GoT card game, Netrunner card game, etc), star wars, beer, reeses candy, twix, photography, wargaming, board games of all type, even if they might be goofy or not super great (fun board game that isn't super well received but is cheap? go for it). Solo boardgames (or games that can be played solo) are interesting too. Oh metal bands, metalcore, etc. Anime is cool but I don't watch as much of it anymore. I only recently watched Demon Slayer and am about half finished with Jujutsu Kaisen.

I'm interested in getting more stuff for Star Wars Legions, and Fallout Wasteland Warfare. Star Wars Legions I already have:
Rebel Trooper Upgrades
Rebel Troopers
Sabine Wren
Cassian & K-2SO
1/2 of a Core set

Wasteland Warfare I only have the core set, prefer NCR guys, but won't complain if it's some other faction. EDIT: see previous gift, I got the Ranger Patrol box from Santa

I have the Age of Sigmar Dominion box, but wanna get some cool skeleton Ossiarch Bonereapers instead, of which I have zero of.

Oh, Sisters of Battle is something I want, I am wringing my wallet to try and find the funds for the upcoming sisters battlebox, since I also have zero sisters. EDIT: I now own Palatine & Celestine, and likely this upcoming battleforge box

Skeleton related things are cool, I have a cast iron skull nailed to my wall that is also a bottle opener.

What I'm okay with:

Marvel things, I prefer Dr. Strange from the MCU, everyone else I'm kind of tepid on. Fantasy is okay. I like Lord of the Rings, and Game of Thrones. Eventually I want to read some Wheel of Time and Kingkiller books, those were pretty popular. Not big into Zombies, but it's okay.

What probably "may" not be a good idea:

Digital games, as I already have a massive backlog on steam and elsewhere, anything listed in the BGG profile as owned, and I re-reviewed the wish list and that's fine, though I don't wishlist a lot of things...

I have a lot of Warhammer minis already, but I made a list here of what I own:

I don't play MTG anymore, I just can't keep up with the random booster packs.

I don't generally play stereotypical puzzle games, but commemorative puzzles would be okay (like a Witcher puzzle or something).

I have lots of traditional art supplies already, but some decent brushes for miniatures might be swell, since most of mine are dollar store types.

Coloring books are okay, but I already have some that are unfinished I should probably drag to work.

Northeast coast, USA

Promise:

You no get-Grinchy!

More or less Up-to-Date:
https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Gvaz

I think that's about it. I'm open to any clarifications or specific questions if you want more details.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

It's been a few years, but I'm back and willing to renew my vow!

This year, since I have more than enough boardgames and RPGs already, my ideal gift would be some nerd game accessories. Nice bowls for components, a dice tower, a rolling tray, fancy sharp-edged dice, upgraded components, anything that makes the play experience a bit more luxurious. With that said, I wouldn't be mad if I ended up with another game (probably a boardgame, since I don't get to much RPGing any more). BGG collection here, and I think it's currently up to date.

Melbourne, Australia

Sign me up for the next Lightning Round!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

DHL says my santee's package was delivered yesterday :ohdear:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

santasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasanta:yayclod:

Gift Preferences
I like all kinds of things, from miniatures, to board games, to RPGs (that I never get to play but at least get to read), to game adjacent things like gear, merch, and gundams and other hobby kit stuff. I prefer physical things, but digital is fine too if that's what works for my santa. This is my BGG collection/wishlist, this is my DTRPG wishlist and all the RPGs I own should be on my Goodreads, and this is my roughly up to date miniatures collection not including big rear end boxes of Bones 2/3/4/5. Surprises, local delights, home made demonstrations of your skills/passions, food and alcohol, et al, are all fine with me, I mean there's lots of things that I don't even know I want yet :buddy:

Solemn Vow
Grinch?! Where?! :tfrxmas:

Consider me a :science: LIGHTNING PARTICIPANT :science:

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

FishFood posted:

Santa has visited my humble abode! What could be inside?

https://imgur.com/k6o0Ngb

Why it's the conquering armies of Cyrus the Great, and the earth he demands in tribute!

https://imgur.com/3V49s5o

Thanks a bunch, thegodofchuck! I can't wait to get these guys painted up and crush those western barbarians and their watered-down wine!

I'm glad you like it! But I wanted to make sure - was there some grass to be uprooted in there too, along with the earth to be trod underfoot? If not, Miniature Market has withheld its proper tribute.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

thegodofchuck posted:

I'm glad you like it! But I wanted to make sure - was there some grass to be uprooted in there too, along with the earth to be trod underfoot? If not, Miniature Market has withheld its proper tribute.

I had to go check and there was! The tissue paper it was wrapped in blended in to the bottom of the bag and I missed it! Thanks even more!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Santa has been once more!

Forgotten Circles for Gloomhaven!

I got gloomhaven during lockdown and I've been playing through it with my wife in the long cold evenings here so we are both absolutely delighted with this. Thank you.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Since this could be from bonus round 1 or 2, would Aramoro's santa let me know or post, thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Round 3 is (more than) full, so I guess :frogsiren:LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 4???:frogsiren:
We last had an actual round 4 in 2015, so that's pretty cool if there's still so much interest

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Round 3 is (more than) full, so I guess :frogsiren:LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 4???:frogsiren:
We last had an actual round 4 in 2015, so that's pretty cool if there's still so much interest

I haven't done a lightning round in a long time, if ever, so what the hell. Sign me up. Do I send another email or am I good with this post?

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Back again.............FOR MORE?!

Preferences: I'm heavily into Keyforge but really don't need more decks at this point, any creative solution for storing a lot of cards would be appreciated as I just moved and need something to store my collection in. I'm also very into boardgames and use my CSI List to track stuff I'm missing or wanting. Anything fun or handmade or local snack would be great too!

Vow: I ain't no Benedict Cumberbatch

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Lightning Round 3 gifts have been sent!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Leperflesh posted:

Round 3 Holiday Cheer Deployed. Ready for Round 4.

Bucnasti posted:

I wanna make someone's holiday merry.

Gift Preferences:
I love Chewbacca and Orks.
I recently moved into a house and my walls are in need of decorations
I paint miniatures but I think I've got enough of them unpainted already (I mean unless they're really fuckin weird), I'm getting into making terrain so any neat bits and bobs for that would be cool
I play RPGs and board games, so accessories for either would be fun.
I don't like beer or coffee and I don't eat sweets anymore

Be creative, I tend to just buy any generally available stuff I want/need. Or if you've international send me something I can't find in the US.

Vow:
Grinchin' is for suckas

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Gift Preference:
Handmade stuff, weird obscure stuff, old stuff.

If you're buying something new, pretty much anything that falls under the Traditional Games umbrella is fine. Random RPG books, random euro games, random Ameritrash games, random miniatures, whatever. As long as you don't buy me something like Munchkin I'm happy.

Edit: if you're the kind of person who prefers to know exactly what to buy somebody, I could use anything having to do with the Modiphius 2D20 John Carter RPG.

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:
I bought gifts for three people last year and Grinched none of them. I ain't planning on doing it this time.

I'm down for LR4! I have quoted my initial post with a slight update.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

A gift has arrived (thanks Santa for alerting Leperflesh it had been delivered - AusPost were meant to leave a card and did not!)
Thankfully, now myself and my very real and good cat friend can enjoy our secret santa mystery!

What's in the box?

It's the DCC core rulebook, hell yeah :black101:

Looking forward to diving into it and getting a game rolling, thanks Santa!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I haven't done a lightning round in a long time, if ever, so what the hell. Sign me up. Do I send another email or am I good with this post?

Yes, please send another email with your address and preferences, again. I know it feels redundant, but I use the round signup as the anchor for a fresh thread, which helps to keep separate various threaded conversations about each santa/santee combo, and having the address there also shortens my multi-step process slightly, which multiplies across 80+ signups to be significant. Thanks!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Lighting gift deployed!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Sign me up for LIGHTNING ROUND 4!!!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

You've always been good to me (at least in your TGSS guise), and this year's been just as poo poo as last year, just in different ways. But I'm alive. Let's call that a win for now, and celebrate by buying people poo poo.

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but the things that have hit the table and gone well recently include Star Realms, Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, 7 Wonders, and Tiny Epic Galaxies/Zombies/Dinosaurs. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing!

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome.

I like RPGs, but I have a huge collection that includes a lot of weird/obscure games already, and I'm in a rut where I'm not able to play anything so I'mma suggest against that. I don't play wargames or paint miniatures, either.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

I solemnly swear that I will not grinch, lest next year is worse than this one.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

FishFood posted:

I had to go check and there was! The tissue paper it was wrapped in blended in to the bottom of the bag and I missed it! Thanks even more!

Awesome! Glad those scoundrels at Miniature Market, uh, weren't scoundrels. Enjoy your earthworks and armies!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Aramoro posted:

Forgotten Circles for Gloomhaven!

I got gloomhaven during lockdown and I've been playing through it with my wife in the long cold evenings here so we are both absolutely delighted with this. Thank you.

Excellent, I am glad both of the games were on target, enjoy!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I'm in for Lightning Round 4!

thegodofchuck posted:

Gift Preferences:

- Forge World Blood Bowl Star Players (Here is a visual guide of the ones I need grabbed from the website, with the ones I do have "whited out")
- GW Blood Bowl Treeman
(added): -Cool Blood Bowl or Dungeon Bowl accessories or fun bits
- Playing Cards, but I have a pretty big collection already, so probably steer clear of this one, unless you are absolutely insane and want to spend hundreds of dollars on me. In that case, hit me up, let's chat!
- Obscure, intriguing, and/or pretty RPGs
- Obscure, intriguing, and/or pretty board games (I don't have a bgg list yet either, unfortunately, but I have a lot of these, so probably steer clear of this one too)
- Manga (one of the ones I got last year was Blame volume 1, and I already liked the creator (oh, excuse me, the mangaka), so maybe volume more 3+ of this one? - got volume 2 already this year!)
- Really cool dice bags, but those are usually too expensive
(added): -Gunpla would be cool, the only one to avoid would be the RX-78-2 3.0.

I have a strong preference for physical items over digital ones.

General Location:
Missouri, but don't hold that against me.

My Solemn Vow:
I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present and tell everyone what I got and who sent it to me.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
A pair of packages came on Saturday, just in time for Sinterklaas! The local inspector had a thorough check, and gave her mark of approval:

Inside were Codenames Duet, Odin's Ravens, and a very cool looking collection of zombie-themed solo adventures:

My wife and I already had a go with both games and really enjoyed them. So lots of thanks, Goon Santa!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I can take credit for Codenames Duet and Odin's Ravens! The other one must have been a conveniently timed lightning round gift from another goon.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Z-Town is from me in the Lightning Round. I hope you have fun with it!

Another package is pending but looks to be delayed. At least you have other goodies to tide you over in the meantime.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

Gift Preferences
I enjoy both sci-fi and fantasy genre books, delicious snacks, and interesting things. Steam games also appreciated, though I prefer there be a physical component of the gift since I like opening presents. :v

Also while TTRPG stuff is appreciated, I'll likely never use it, be it boardgames or rulebooks. No local games or gamers for me, alas.

Solemn Vow
Never Shall I Ever Grinch.

I will also sign up for Round 4.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Holy shiz we're at 6/8 for LR4 already? :sax:

EDIT 7/8!

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 6, 2021

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Once again I have cleared my feet so lets make Lightning Round 4 happen!

quote:

I loved doing this last year so sign me up again.

Gift Preferences

Boardgames in general, here's my BGG profile which has my collection so you can see what kind of terrible nerd I am. I know there are things on there which I do not say I own, those are things my friends own by in large. Things which are great 2 player that I can play with my wife are great or I have a board game group which is good for anything but ideal if it was 5+ players. But any player count is good. I'll play anything though really.

General Location : UK :scotland: Happy to ship anywhere though.

Solemn Vow: I will never grinch someone.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Santa came through with exactly what I need right now, as basically all my Citadel colors have become unusable.

Thanks Santa! I'll put them to good use.

e: :getin: thingiverse

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 6, 2021

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

Drone posted:

I can take credit for Codenames Duet and Odin's Ravens! The other one must have been a conveniently timed lightning round gift from another goon.

The Bloop posted:

The Z-Town is from me in the Lightning Round. I hope you have fun with it!

Another package is pending but looks to be delayed. At least you have other goodies to tide you over in the meantime.

Oops - sorry for mistakenly thinking the two were together. Regardless, thanks to you both! (And I look forward to the package that's still coming)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Today came a visit from Santa, and it's sure to make a big splash!

Thank you santa, I can't wait to get to work building my team.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Got my present today, a whole bunch of weird Asian treats that I can't wait to dig into (crab chips, milk coconut/Taro sweets, a bag of candies shaped like dicks, etc), a collection of souvenirs from Florida, which now make me regret not putting something from my town for my giftee, and a copy of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective, which I lol forward to playing with my gf. Thanks Santa!

Edit: oh! Almost forgot the skull-and-crossbones cloth that I quite like

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 7, 2021

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GIFT DEPLOYED

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lightning cheer has been deployed

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Lighting Round gift is OTW. Sorry about spending so much, but no one else I know would want a gaming gift like this, so I felt the need to be able to give it to someone who might enjoy it.

Amazon was going to cost $40 more! Hope it arrives in time though.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Tracking for my package shows it was delivered on Dec 2. Getting worried it was stolen or my Santee is trapped in a well somewhere.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm waiting on my fellow Santas to reach back out to me regarding their gifts, before I go ahead with my purchases...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Thanks Santagoon, botes are the best :hist101:

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Last part of my lightning round santee's gift came in today, so shipping out later today or tomorrow morning!

Worryingly, I shipped main round santee's gift on 11/29 and it has been sitting at "arriving late" and "in transit" since 12/3, so may have to figure out something else soon...

Nancy fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The postman came a knocking again.

Hive and 7 Wonders Duel! Two really excellent games to play with my wife. Thank you so much santa!

Just played a game of Hive and won thus proving its an excellent game.