Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
My only hope is that we have two traitors. Otherwise the “I have lots of friends” comment is just…sad beyond words. “My girlfriend from Canada”-level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So is the part where Aoyama shits himself inherently part of the Quirk or is there a separate poo poo Your Pants Quirk that All For One threw in as a means of control.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And as someone mentioned earlier, did All For One have this problem himself before he passed the quirk over or is Aoyama just bad at it due to his body?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Hopefully he threw a blow-you-up-remotely thing in there like with Lady Nagant. Aoyama is the safest most boring option since Hagakure.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I imagine that AFO had one embarrassing day and then never used the quirk again.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It wouldn't surprise me if the All for One quirk had a secondary effect that helped him adapt his body to withstand quirks he's absorbed, or if that was a property of his own body.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Unsuprisingly traitor plot feels pretty empty and uninteresting.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Well this explains why he stares at the reader whenever he's been around.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Larryb posted:

And as someone mentioned earlier, did All For One have this problem himself before he passed the quirk over or is Aoyama just bad at it due to his body?

Clearly the navel laser was the killer quirk AfO used to destroy All Might's internal organs. Unfortunately, the backlash messed up his intestines so bad the doctor had to prioritize fixing that, which is why his face was never able to be healed.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Brandfarlig posted:

I imagine that AFO had one embarrassing day and then never used the quirk again.

"Hmm, a navel laser, this would be a very useful quirk to...oh...ohhhhh...okay, time to find a kid to pawn this off on."

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Brandfarlig posted:

Dabi doesn't succeed at anything and you know it. His only win is the Endeavour thing. Sure, that matters but his record is poo poo.

Technically Dabi's only ever had the one plan to Ruin Endeavor, so that's a 100% win rate!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Vengarr posted:

My only hope is that we have two traitors. Otherwise the “I have lots of friends” comment is just…sad beyond words. “My girlfriend from Canada”-level.

next chapter: aoyama resolved, many tears, hugs
end of said chapter: nezu being seen ominously through a window

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

if i was ayoma i woundt have reported anything because his quirk SUCKS and his parents shoulda gone back and demanded something better than a stomach laser that gives him the bubble guts

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I bet he was forced to apply to the Hero Course by AFO, otherwise he could've coasted through life using his new power sparingly just to show off and now has to use it constantly and to his detriment.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I bet he's not even French

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

christmas boots posted:

His quirk does a lot of poo poo for no reason.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

christmas boots posted:

That was his actual Quirk, in the same way that Froppy's, Mirko's, and Spinner's work

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Funky Valentine posted:

So is the part where Aoyama shits himself inherently part of the Quirk or is there a separate poo poo Your Pants Quirk that All For One threw in as a means of control.

There are lots of quirks that have drawbacks if overused so it's hard to say

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It turns out every quirk user who has a drawback (Uraraka getting sick, Mineta's head bleeding, Kaminari stupid) was given a quirk by AfO as well and half the class are traitors

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Technically, Deku was given his quirk by AfO

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Actually now that I think about it, Aoyama being born quirkless means he's technically a valid candidate for OFA. He'd have to lose his poo poo-his-pants quirk first but maybe AFO will take the bad quirk back and then plot twist, it turns out Aoyama was the main character all along when he inherits OFA.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

CuwiKhons posted:

Actually now that I think about it, Aoyama being born quirkless means he's technically a valid candidate for OFA. He'd have to lose his poo poo-his-pants quirk first but maybe AFO will take the bad quirk back and then plot twist, it turns out Aoyama was the main character all along when he inherits OFA.

Ah yeah, they must have given Mirio his quirk back with no set up to close that loophole

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Shouldn’t Aoyama’s parents be at the school now? Unless he planted bombs on them as collateral or something it’s not like turning against All for One now has any real downside, considering the state of things now.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That character poll is crazy bad

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

CuwiKhons posted:

Isn't the requirement to not rapidly age due to OFA not having another quirk, not being born quirkless? Pretty sure anyone could take OFA as long as AFO took their quirk first.

bobjr posted:

Shouldn’t Aoyama’s parents be at the school now? Unless he planted bombs on them as collateral or something it’s not like turning against All for One now has any real downside, considering the state of things now.

They are at the school, where did you think they were discussing working for him very loudly?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
whats afos goal again anyway. or is it just "be evil, but on a bigger scale than usual"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

tbp posted:

whats afos goal again anyway. or is it just "be evil, but on a bigger scale than usual"

Uhhhhhhhhhh good question, I honestly can't remember if we were ever given this information

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

tbp posted:

Steal lots of Quirks because he's a klepto and then continue living out his dream of being a supervillain like in the comic books he used to read.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I like the art spread for this issue. Big Aizawa Cat and Little Shinsou Cat is just adorable.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

tbp posted:

Be nutsack, do crimes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

tbp posted:

He liked being invincible, then All Might came along and he was vincible. he would like to go back to being invincible.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Eggplant Squire posted:

That character poll is crazy bad

I was a bit surprised to see Rody there(character from the new movie). But then I remembered reading that the movie was 1) the most successful of the MHA movies and 2) it's audience was mostly women, so I guess they were just really into Deku's movie boyfriend.

He's a fun character, so I don't mind seeing him up there.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

tbp posted:

He says getting OFA is only his mid-goal, so probably.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

cool kids inc. posted:

I like the art spread for this issue. Big Aizawa Cat and Little Shinsou Cat is just adorable.

:allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do we have the rankings below the top 10?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do we have the rankings below the top 10?

We do and they're somehow worse:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I am calling immediately for the annihilation of the fujoshi bloc

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Mineta being listed higher than Mirko is a hate crime against me personally. In fact, how the gently caress is Mustard listed higher than her?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they are keeping this series alive, though i know that may be a different kind of negative to some of the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I get why the top 10 is the way it is, but how is Mirko not even top 30? She lost to loving Overhaul and the nerd in the gas mask. What in the hell?