Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Well, crap. If Hurts is out, do I pick up Burrow, Carr, or Wentz? I like Burrow, but Carr has some nice matchups this week and next week.

Guess I could also look at Minshew, too. The Jets are real bad.
Burrow is somewhere between QB 12 to 14 in my leagues so I'm amazed he's available.

Minshew it is! Rolling with DeVonta for the stack, too. Hail Satan.

edit: I'm sitting Bridgewater for Minshew in two leagues so watch for Bridgewater to have an all-decade game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Burrow is somewhere between QB 12 to 14 in my leagues so I'm amazed he's available.

Minshew it is! Rolling with DeVonta for the stack, too. Hail Satan.

edit: I'm sitting Bridgewater for Minshew in two leagues so watch for Bridgewater to have an all-decade game.

I am also aboard the Minshew express! This is a gift from the fantasy gods. I badly needed a QB for this week with Tannehill on a bye (yes, I am stuck with Tannehill in a 20-team league and my backup was Jameis, who is gone for the season -- you can criticize me for my poor QB drafting and I'd have little defense). I am 8-4 in that league with a pretty decent roster otherwise.

But the point is that there was no starting QB available on the waiver wire until this morning. Go, Gardner, go!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

despite my 400 PA hole I still had a chance to make the playoffs today. all I had to do was win my matchup, then the guy who is 11-1 had to win his matchup against literally the last place guy and I'm in. im annihilating my matchup and might score 200 today.

we're well on our way to the 11-1 guy losing to Keenan Allen and Dallas goedert and keeping me out lol

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Forgot to swap out Henderson in two leagues rip

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
At about 12:30 today I added Sony Michel and swapped him in for Rashod Bateman

PHEW

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I played Rashod Bateman over Jeudy. I will regret this if Jeudy gets one point

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Since I lost Henry I’ve lost every single game, including this week. If I squeak in to the playoffs at 7-7 I’m getting booted in the first round :(

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Had Goedert on my bench and Wentz was my QB but thank god Montgomery and Diontae and Mattison did things

Trying to not finish in last place because my league is remarkably creative and cruel with the punishment

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

hshaaha I thought for sure I was going to win, I was up by 50. my opponent played Boston Scott and got zero. he was playing tee Higgins, diontae, Gibson, Lockett, and Matt gay. I played against Jonathan Taylor and Leonard Fournette on their huge loving weeks the last couple weeks too. I'm trying to not be sick

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

despite my 400 PA hole I still had a chance to make the playoffs today. all I had to do was win my matchup, then the guy who is 11-1 had to win his matchup against literally the last place guy and I'm in. im annihilating my matchup and might score 200 today.

we're well on our way to the 11-1 guy losing to Keenan Allen and Dallas goedert and keeping me out lol

How does this work? I'm struggling to think of how what the last place team does to the first place team has any impact on your place in the standings.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

How does this work? I'm struggling to think of how what the last place team does to the first place team has any impact on your place in the standings.

I'm kinda curious too. If he's 11-1, he should be a lock. And I assume anyone in last place is already eliminated

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I played Devonta Smith over Tee Higgins, and it may end up causing me to lose (and potentially get relegated.)

Listen to me for more fantasy advice! :negative:

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Drunk Nerds posted:

we have one guy with eleven wins, one guy with eight wins, and everyone else has either four or five

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Tyreek had too quiet of a game. Now I need my opponents Diggs and Allen to get under 35 😬

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm going to go back to my "reek broke" panic button.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Tyreek had too quiet of a game. Now I need my opponents Diggs and Allen to get under 35 😬

That's totally possible in this game. The Pats are gonna be all over Diggs, and Allen might play extra conservative to avoid turnovers.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I played Devonta Smith over Tee Higgins, and it may end up causing me to lose (and potentially get relegated.)

Listen to me for more fantasy advice! :negative:

I traded away Tee earlier in the season when he was single digiting. I know you can’t predict the future but it still hurts

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

The weather is supposed to be really bad. High winds, rain, and below freezing.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dkj posted:

The weather is supposed to be really bad. High winds, rain, and below freezing.
Oh poo poo, is this what people call hope? I need Diggs to score under 13 for my 1% chance at the playoffs to turn into something more.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Oh poo poo, is this what people call hope? I need Diggs to score under 13 for my 1% chance at the playoffs to turn into something more.

Hope is a lie

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Bob A Feet posted:

I traded away Tee earlier in the season when he was single digiting. I know you can’t predict the future but it still hurts

I agonized over the choice. I had Diontae, Aiyuk, Tee, and Devonta for 3 spots. Diontae was a lock, but I switched the other 3 around like 12 times.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

It’s snowing in buffalo now

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am winning 118-112 and my opponent has Singletary.

SNOW LIKE THE WIND VERY OLD ONE

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

10-3 baybee :gizz:

unfortunately my nemesis won and is also 10-3 because Diggs couldn't score 9 :argh:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
3-10 in my family league, dead last, behind a guy (brother in law) who autodrafts and hasn't touched his team in like 3 years lol

Last three years I've finished 1st, 1st, and 2nd, it's a family league, that's how it should be, not this dumb bullshit!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bellmaker posted:

10-3 baybee :gizz:

I just lost 11-2 by less than 2 points. 10-3 feels so loving bad, man.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bellmaker posted:

unfortunately my nemesis won and is also 10-3 because Diggs couldn't score 9 :argh:
I'm still alive to get into the playoffs in a league I started off like 1-5 in thanks to Diggs not scoring 9 :happysun:

I won in all 4 leagues for the first time this year, feels good man.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Sitting at 5-8. Third in points scored. First in points against. Every single week multiple players go thermonuclear against me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sitting at 5-8. Third in points scored. First in points against. Every single week multiple players go thermonuclear against me.

Same but I'm 4-9 and missing the playoffs lol.

I'm out in both redraft ESPN leagues. One of these has a weekly high score bonus. I've won this three times already. Do I continue to put in waiver offers going after this? Or just do the usual roster freeze? (I pulled all my claims last week after seeing I was mathematically eliminated and still nearly got it.)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Posts like these are msturbatory but so is fantasy football so...

Beer League: 8-5. Somehow was 1st in points for on this season until last week. Now in 2nd, and also 2nd in PA and have been there all season because teams keep teeing off on me. On a 3-game skid because A: byes and B: Chubb/Hunt making GBS threads it up one week and then Tyreek/Helaire doing nothing/little, respectively, this week. STILL locked in as top in Ale division because everyone else in it is also crashing and burning.

20-team league: 9-4. 4th in PF and locked in for the playoffs. RBs are all dead so it's probably going to be a quick exit. No PA excuse here as this team is middle-of-the-pack.

Accidental League: 7-6. Joined this one because I thought it was a mock draft. Whoops! 2nd in PF, 4th in PA and possibly looking at elimination this week because the cupcake team I just faced that lost 7 in a row decided to show up and my team decidedly didn't. Thanks again, Tyreek!

Think I've said this before but I drafted very similar teams in redraft this year. A lot of Chubb/Hunt/CEH/Cooks/Tyreek/Stafford. When they're good they're good, but when I have a bad week in one league it means I usually have a bad week everywhere.

Also...

Dynasty League: Somehow at 6-7 and have a better record than last year despite trading away
The #1 WR on the season (Kupp)
A top-12 RB (A. Jones)
A top-5 TE (Schultz)
The #6 RB and #12 WR (Cord Patty)

Guess I probably could have competed!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Same but I'm 4-9 and missing the playoffs lol.

I'm out in both redraft ESPN leagues. One of these has a weekly high score bonus. I've won this three times already. Do I continue to put in waiver offers going after this? Or just do the usual roster freeze? (I pulled all my claims last week after seeing I was mathematically eliminated and still nearly got it.)

I’ll never understand why you wouldn’t do everything you could to win. No matter what. Being eliminated from the playoffs and still ruining someone’s week by winning is even sweeter.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Just realized I already clinched a playoff spot unless the 5th place team can outscore me by 120 points :woop:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, doing the league a disservice by not continuing to try to win, teams that play the worse teams later in the season shouldn't get an easier time

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Dynasty League: Somehow at 6-7 and have a better record than last year despite trading away
The #1 WR on the season (Kupp)
A top-12 RB (A. Jones)
A top-5 TE (Schultz)
The #6 RB and #12 WR (Cord Patty)

Guess I probably could have competed!

I tried to tell you.

My team is almost legit with Kupp now.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sourdough posted:

Yeah, doing the league a disservice by not continuing to try to win, teams that play the worse teams later in the season shouldn't get an easier time

Oh I'm still putting out my best available lineup. Just not competing on waiver wire safety valves or streaming defenses.

That was the main thing that prompted the question - I've currently got the Bears' D and they've got Green Bay this week lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I’ll never understand why you wouldn’t do everything you could to win. No matter what. Being eliminated from the playoffs and still ruining someone’s week by winning is even sweeter.

If you aren't trying to win out of spite, are you even playing fantasy football?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dango Bango posted:

Oh I'm still putting out my best available lineup. Just not competing on waiver wire safety valves or streaming defenses.

That was the main thing that prompted the question - I've currently got the Bears' D and they've got Green Bay this week lol

I probably wouldn't put waiver claims in, but I would still grab guys once they clear. If I can't make the playoffs, I'm going to do my damndest to ensure none of my opponents do either.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I definitely still make waiver claims if I'm out of the playoffs.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

dxt posted:

Yep.

We have a toilet bowl for 1st OA lottery that goes on during the POs and our rule is Toilet Bowl participants can't make waiver claims, but otherwise they're free to make claims until the playoffs start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dxt posted: