Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's always within 3 days of a school shooting in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah but it's not always a special edition christmas-themed shooting

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

It's always within 3 days of a school shooting in the US.

That is not true, we had months without a school shooting (during the pandemic, when everyone was remote)!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Thanatosian posted:

That is not true, we had months without a school shooting (during the pandemic, when everyone was remote)!

Oh I'm sure there were some school shootings that happened remotely during that time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh I'm sure there were some school shootings that happened remotely during that time.

There was at least one kid that got the cops called on him because of a nerf gun. Ever vigilant!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Pillbug

Captain Hygiene posted:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lol the coward pigs locked replies too.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Captain Hygiene posted:

🎶 So be good for goodness' sake 🎶

Lmao. The War on Christmas continues to escalate

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010
A new form of dumb marketing I've noticed: ads for media that doesn't quickly tell you the name. Some have the sense to at least have the name in the bottom corner, but there's still constant ads on youtube which don't have the name within the five seconds before you can skip.

I just got an ad for a game, I was willing to learn more, I sat through an extra minute expecting a title, but it didn't bother to tell me what it was and I'm not going to wait the sixteen minutes of ad to find out.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

HelleSpud posted:

A new form of dumb marketing I've noticed: ads for media that doesn't quickly tell you the name. Some have the sense to at least have the name in the bottom corner, but there's still constant ads on youtube which don't have the name within the five seconds before you can skip.

I just got an ad for a game, I was willing to learn more, I sat through an extra minute expecting a title, but it didn't bother to tell me what it was and I'm not going to wait the sixteen minutes of ad to find out.

:same:

The most recent one I remember is for that ad for the stupid Gossip Girl reboot/sequel. Halfway through the ad, I started going "An unseen woman is narrating and everyone looks rich, this is Gossip Girl, ain't it?" and it took SO LONG to finally loving flash the name on the screen.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bad boys and girls are getting lead this year.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I guess this has something to do with privacy, but it makes my boring ol' dry skin ointment prescription sound a bit more exciting

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Weird way to brag about your penis mightier..

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Len posted:

There was at least one kid that got the cops called on him because of a nerf gun. Ever vigilant!

3 guesses what color that kid's skin is.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/n...rear end/3468499001/

Also lmao he gets popped for a nerf gun on a Zoom but the Michigan kid got handed a real gun by his parents and numerous calls to the police about the written threats the kid was making went unanswered.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If you know a better way to get more trans astronauts I'd like to hear it.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fart Water?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Two pitchers with two arrows pointing at them. Which is free fart, which is fart-free? You sigh, and mix them. Free half-fart water will have to do.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmbo

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Brawnfire posted:

Two pitchers with two arrows pointing at them. Which is free fart, which is fart-free? You sigh, and mix them. Free half-fart water will have to do.

I'd like all my water to be fart free please. Not kink shaming

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Fart-free water sounds silly, but gassy water is a real problem in Flint.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's the reliance on fartesian wells.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I only drink fartled water

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Evian spelled sideways is rear end Vein

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

When did the ACLU become transphobic?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You can't monetize farts. You never can, never will.

*Fartr starts up tomorrow, it is valued at 2 billion dollars*

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

YouTuber sells ‘farts in a jar’, 97 jars sold in 2 days

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This requires some context.

In late summer, Parmigiano Reggiano (the PDO cheese from Italy) did a series of commercials about a group of people partecipating in a MasterChef-style contest, in which they had to cook dishes using the cheese.

All was well until they decided to do an episode about the protagonists visiting the dairy, to see how the cheese is actually made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUHImm4itA

Transcript is as follows:

Dairy boss: "Parmigiano Reggiano only contains milk, salt, and rennet. Nothing else. Plus some natural bacteria found in the whey. The only additive is Renatino, who's been working here since he was eighteen, every day, 365 days a year."

Young guy: "Renatino, let me tell you. You're great."

Girl 1: "The best."

Girl 2: "Do you really work 365 days a year?"

Renatino: "Yes."

Young guy: "And... Are you happy?"

Renatino: "Yes."

And this is the short version. There's a longer version of the ad, over four minutes long, with several added scenes, where it turns out that Renatino literally has never taken a day off or been on vacation in his entire life.

So we have the ad basically normalising someone working literally like a slave, without any off days or vacation days or sick days, while all the while infantilising them (the "-ino" suffix is a diminutive, and often used for very small children -- if you use it when talking to someone, you're basically talking down to them).

This ad was originally only released online, but this month they started airing it on TV as well. And let me tell you, it didn't go over that well: there's been an uproar online, labour associations have denounced the ad, and a boycott of the cheese has been called (they've already seen a slight drop in sales); if you'll notice, comments to the video have been turned off. Meanwhile, there's been several editorials published in mainstream newspapers, which amount to "Why are people complaining? It's just an ad, is all, you all should go and touch grass." Basically damage control on the part of the burgeoise.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

There was a fart artist who called himself Le Petomane who managed to monetize farting

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mikl posted:

This requires some context.

In late summer, Parmigiano Reggiano (the PDO cheese from Italy) did a series of commercials about a group of people partecipating in a MasterChef-style contest, in which they had to cook dishes using the cheese.

All was well until they decided to do an episode about the protagonists visiting the dairy, to see how the cheese is actually made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUHImm4itA

They already pulled it.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Grandma got gunned down by a reindeer.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

lmao

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They already pulled it.

Huh, it was there this morning.

Ah well, this is the full-sized video (until they pull that too) which is kinda cringe; the relevant part starts at 1 minute 29 seconds:

Dairy chief: "This is Renato, one of our youngest employees, he's been doing this since he was 18, every morning, 365 days per year."

Then again, at 2 minutes 40 seconds:

Young guy: "Renatino let me tell you, you're great."

Girl 1: "The best."

Girl 2: "Do you really work 365 days per year?"

*Renato nods*

Girl 1: "So you've never been to the sea?"

Renato: "No."

Girl 3: "To Paris?"

Renato: "No."

Young guy: "Ever been skiing?"

Renato: "Nope."

Young guy 2: "And... Are you happy?"

Renato: "Yes."

Even with full context, it doesn't really go over that well, does it? :laugh:

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
feels incredibly awful these hipsters in the vid are there seemingly on vaca kicking it into complete hedonism while they grill a guy who has no life outside of working

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Fart? Free water!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Henry II gave his favourite farter an estate in exchange for a yearly performance at his court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Mr Methane in the UK has managed just that.