Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Go to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

aaron rodgers is doing things no one else can

*throws a 10 yard out

e: in reference to some play, i couldnt find the video, where the commentator is lavishing praise on rodgers for scrambling and hitting a basic pass

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 6, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Magicpants posted:

aaron rodgers is doing things no one else can

*throws a 10 yard out

I understand knowledge = kryptonite to boston sports fans but my friend thats the good boy Justin Herbert, not the evil Vax Denier Aaron Rodg

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1467717142565072896?t=a4XpZy7udb9imzPt85I9Ig&s=19

:rip:

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Ravens should make a trade for Shaun Wade

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Chucktesla posted:

Ravens should make a trade for Shaun Wade

Ravens should basically tank. This season is a wash.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kawalimus posted:

Tank for what. You have 9 wins.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Tank for what. You have 9 wins.

You cant tank when you have 8 wins lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kawalimus posted:

You were leading the AFC up until last night. Come on, you have plenty of legit pessimism to make some up.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

You cant tank when you have 8 wins lol

Out of the playoffs to jump all those teams. Unless they changed that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The Ravens should trade Kawalimus to the Lions for a 6th round fan.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://twitter.com/kdx32/status/1467687622617165827?s=21

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Out of the playoffs to jump all those teams. Unless they changed that.

Getting the 18th pick or whatever isn't a tank my dude

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kawalimus posted:

To pick on the other team and touch on something mentioned before:

The Steelers playing soft on that last drive is the absolute STUPIDEST defensive call that teams do that I CANNOT stand. I hate seeing it. Especially in this situation it made no sense! The Ravens hadn't completed a pass downfield the entire half. Only like one all game. They get a 7 point lead and we have one drive left to make. So what do they do? Play soft and let us drive right down into scoring range and almost lose. Why? What are you so afraid of? Why not make us earn it? And guess what? Even if we do hit on a downfield pass and score a quick TD we are likely to just tie it and you will get the ball right back for a chance of your own and just need a FG to win.

Now if you were up 10? Then yes you absolutely play soft there. It is absolutely the right call. You don't care if they score at the end but you want it so whatever they do will eat up whatever time they have so it's practically impossible for them just due to time constraints. But one score? Make them earn it.

The Steelers are a middling team with a lot of young talent, a decrepit QB and subpar coaching.

The standard is the standard

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Getting the 18th pick or whatever isn't a tank my dude

Better than like the 27th pick and more valuable than the higher 1st is the higher 2nd which also goes overlooked. A team like the Ravens has more to gain from a partial tank than bad teams have to gain from a full tank which I usually see as ill-advised.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Ravens should tank so that the chargers get a better chance of making the playoffs

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm just saying it's remarkable how many of his INTs hit dudes right in the hands, especially since most of them have played with him multiple years. It's kinda interesting that's all.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Chucktesla posted:

Ravens should tank so that the chargers get a better chance of making the playoffs

Not the worst idea.

It's always better to make the playoffs because things can happen. Still, it's hard not to see this Ravens season ending in a dispiriting playoff loss where Lamar gets sacked 8 times and the defense gives up two blown play TDs. It's just where the team is talent wise with all these injuries.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

fartknocker posted:

The Ravens should trade Kawalimus to the Lions for a 6th round fan.

Preemptive congrats to the Lions for being the worst 17-0 team ever next year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

D-LINK posted:

The Steelers are a middling team with a lot of young talent, a decrepit QB and subpar coaching.

The standard is the standard

I think the Steelers would maybe be in first place in the AFCN if they had someone other than Ben on the roster who didn't suck

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lot of people giving Kawalimus poo poo when he's objectively correct about there being issues giving a fat contract to a guy rapidly degrading who keeps getting covid.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nodoze posted:

I think the Steelers would maybe be in first place in the AFCN if they had someone other than Ben on the roster who didn't suck

The fact that 2021 Ben is so...soooooooo much better than any other option they have is impressive.

Being better than the backup, yeah sure that's gonna happen and he knows how to play the game even if his body doesn't quite work anymore. But being miles and miles better than anyone else is something else. WFT is making things sort of work on offense with freaking Heinicke to an extent that the Steelers couldn't dream of if Ben goes down.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Asproigerosis posted:

Lot of people giving Kawalimus poo poo when he's objectively correct about there being issues giving a fat contract to a guy rapidly degrading who keeps getting covid.

Because he nonsensically assumes the Ravens will just pluck a QB better than Lamar out of the air. His arguments are also totally dishonest by pining all the blame on the Lamar and not the fact that that Lamar is carrying the offense on his back - poorly mind you - because of a series of injuries. If you put like any non-elite (outside of top 5) QB on that Ravens team this year and you'd be hard pressed to see them get to 8-4.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

The big question is did everything happen that needed to happen so the lions can still make the playoffs?

As far as I can tell, they still can.

It involves basically every team in the NFC.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mac...4~2~401326593~1

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Detroit Lions are going to win the Super Bowl

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's amazing that the Texans got eliminated before the Jags, a team they beat that has the same record as them.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Mega64 posted:

It's amazing that the Texans got eliminated before the Jags, a team they beat that has the same record as them.

Is it entirely because of a tiebreaker with Miami

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Because he nonsensically assumes the Ravens will just pluck a QB better than Lamar out of the air. His arguments are also totally dishonest by pining all the blame on the Lamar and not the fact that that Lamar is carrying the offense on his back - poorly mind you - because of a series of injuries. If you put like any non-elite (outside of top 5) QB on that Ravens team this year and you'd be hard pressed to see them get to 8-4.

Could we easily pick a QB better than 2019 or 2020 Lamar Jackson? Probably(almost definitely) not.

Is 2021 Lamar Jackson easily replaceable? Yes. He's lost a step running and his passing, while it actually looked pretty good in the first part of the season, has taken a nosedive and this is with much better receiving talent than he's ever had before. That's not a good sign. If you need basically everyone around you to be an all-pro to succeed, you probably are not worth giving a big deal to. QBs around the league deal with their team's injuries on offense all the time. His play in the last month hasn't just been below his standard but has been straight up horrendous. The pressure that he can't deal at all with right now used to be his big strength.

I think the best option is to pick up the 5th year option like defaultuser said(whatever that entails) and see what happens next year. I'm perfectly happy dumping all the money we have in front of him if he goes back to even his 2020 form or his early 2021 pre-Bengals game form. But paying him right now would be insane.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Never heard of a 24 year old losing a step. Unless it’s gymnastics.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Who replaces 2021 Lamar Jackson to make the team better in 2022?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm just saying it's remarkable how many of his INTs hit dudes right in the hands, especially since most of them have played with him multiple years. It's kinda interesting that's all.

It’s not great especially bc the rest of the Chiefs pass catchers suck

https://twitter.com/reinhurdler/status/1466069943795990539?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

This is always dumb because if we’re gonna do this then someone needs to then calculate how much every QB has benefited from a defender dropping a pick. Also how many times a freak like Kelce caught a ball that was off target and probably should have been an incompletion.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Maybe Patrick needs to throw some soft, pillowy balls

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Three chargers on the list goddamn

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Covid has no long lasting effects

Nov 6, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lamar just can't hit those twisting double layouts anymore.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

gonna find out years from now that Lamar has incurable Long Covid that game him the perma-shits

after he becomes QB for the Browns

ole “spirit of the Browns” Jackson they called him

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Nodoze posted:

yeah if the steelers had just a top 13-15 guy they'd be in much better shape. I mean hieneke from WFT probably adds more than what Ben is bringing now

Nov 6, 2002

On one of the more recent Ringer podcasts, James Jones pointed out that he has never seen Ben throw an INT and then tap himself on the chest to take the blame. Whenever he throws an INT he stands there and shoots daggers at the WR for like thirty seconds. Jones asked his co-host Ryan Shazier about this and Ryan was like "uh yeah, I can't really get into that".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is always dumb because if we’re gonna do this then someone needs to then calculate how much every QB has benefited from a defender dropping a pick. Also how many times a freak like Kelce caught a ball that was off target and probably should have been an incompletion.

do it and get back to us