Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

flatluigi posted:

it's always fun when that sort of thing goes viral as if it's not literally the point of stock images

The people who made that poster are hacks for not taking their own photograph of New York from above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The "someone who is good at the economy" tweet meme but it's a budget for promo posters with a line item for helicopter rentals.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

c'mon just rent a plane and a crew and clear the airspace and take a high res shot of NY from 10,000 feet on a perfect day how much could it cost? Because it sounds free to me. Sony amirite so dumb

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

new poster with characters and release date

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well, I know a certain country that's apparently going to be eating lizard meat for the next couple of years.

(Legit hope it's a cooking show, about cooking godzilla)

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

dr_rat posted:

Well, I know a certain country that's apparently going to be eating lizard meat for the next couple of years.

It says "What do we do with this corpse?" and the title is basically "Big Kaiju Cleanup," so I think it's actually about the pros who do corpse disposal.

Calamity Brain fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 30, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

DetoxP posted:

It says "What do we do with this corpse?" and the title is basically "Big Kaiju Cleanup," so I think it's actually about the pros who do corpse disposal.

I don't speak Japanese but I do know the Japanese word for explosion, so the trailer makes me think it's basically the 1970 Whale Explosion Incident but with a giant monster instead of a whale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-mP3KydZ_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6CLumsir34

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is it the anniversary of that exploding whale or something? This is the third or fourth time I've seen it posted in the past week or two.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dr_rat posted:

There's already a movie about edible kaiju and it rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0EoLjxAv1c

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I don't speak Japanese but I do know the Japanese word for explosion, so the trailer makes me think it's basically the 1970 Whale Explosion Incident but with a giant monster instead of a whale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-mP3KydZ_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6CLumsir34

The impression I got is that

1 - clearing up a giant monster body is a bureaucratic headache, with arguments over what sort of waste it is. The trailer has different ministers pondering if it's "ocean waste," "burnable waste," or "non-burning," the latter two being different categories of household waste.

2 - the monster's corpse causes internal gas build-up that could potentially cause a catastrophic explosion, so they have to work out how to dispose of the body while the clock is ticking

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/Doug_Tilley/status/1465803432334438416?t=WZpz_u3YO1AukPyDhxnlQg&s=19

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Legally Distinct Rambo

EDIT: Well poo poo. Just clicked through to the whole picture, now my joke is ruined.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Believe me, I'm trying!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

flashy_mcflash posted:

There's already a movie about edible kaiju and it rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0EoLjxAv1c

I saw this the same night as I saw One Cut of the Dead, both movies rule in very very different ways

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
One Cut of the Dead was so good. Got to see in a packed theater.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Chris Knight posted:

I have seen it 3 times and it gets better every time.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

That must have been incredible. Did anyone get up and leave halfway through?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I showed it to friends including some who can't stand horror, told them to power through and they loved it to pieces

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

My favorite part is that they included a tiny pic off to the side of two knights fighting to let people know that there are two knights fighting in this movie!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wait, they're doing another one? Didn't the last one bomb?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No. He’s just posting the poster for some reason

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why does he have horns? I thought the whole point of the story is that someone stole his horns.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CelticPredator posted:

No. He’s just posting the poster for some reason

It's the poster thread

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why does he have horns? I thought the whole point of the story is that someone stole his horns.

He grinds his horns down to look more human

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

His chin/jaw situation gets more upsetting the longer you look at it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I still groan at that tagline.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
If you weren't going to do another one with Ron Perlman then David Harbour was a solid choice. Shame about how loving awful it ended up being.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

davidspackage posted:

I still groan at that tagline.

https://twitter.com/MrVilhauer/status/1413232912745500679?s=20

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

If you weren't going to do another one with Ron Perlman then David Harbour was a solid choice. Shame about how loving awful it ended up being.

the makeup artist overindulged and singlehandedly tanked the movie

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

There’s a mortgage company near me called American First Mortgage and their bus ads say stuff like, “Low interest rates? That’s mortgaging AF!”

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The rapper? Has he put together an army?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

the makeup artist overindulged and singlehandedly tanked the movie

I think there's plenty of blame to go around for the failure of that movie.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hell yeah
https://twitter.com/headexposure/status/1467887036346609664

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
It must be so weird to invest all that time shooting something and then it doesn't come out for 4 years.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's usually a pretty ominous sign, but who knows with the Chinese film industry.

There are exceptions of course, like Cabin in the Woods. How long was that one sitting on a shelf for, again?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

edogawa rando posted:

It's usually a pretty ominous sign, but who knows with the Chinese film industry.

There are exceptions of course, like Cabin in the Woods. How long was that one sitting on a shelf for, again?

Delays like that almost always mean the movie is a piece of poo poo and they've been trying to stitch it together for so long they've gone completely blind. Like the still unreleased Chinese film Empires of the Deep.

Cabin in the Woods was reportedly delayed due to United Artist's financial difficulties (but probably also because MGM had no loving clue how to market it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I thought cabin was the same situation as the red dawn remake where mgm went bankrupt and it delayed the release (among other issues red dawn had)