Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Kalli posted:

Maybe Patrick needs to throw some soft, pillowy balls

Wasn't this what everyone in Philadelphia was saying what is wrong with Wentz? He just rifles every pass as hard as possible and it's impossible to catch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Wentz problem was turning the ball over every other snap.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

"Don't make me tap the sign" -Keenan Allen

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1466153564275757056?t=7UhqPGQ9JUNFqx3L5mVuWQ&s=19

please ignore Keenan's spot on that chart, ty

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Asproigerosis posted:

Covid has no long lasting effects

Well there are studies that, while not definitive in their conclusions, suggest that getting the vaccine post Covid helps the recovery process so maybe he should get on that. Friendly suggestion anyway.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

who wins more games in 2021

2021 Andy Dalton with the 2021 steelers
or
2021 Ben with the 2021 steelers

????

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

EmbryoSteve posted:

who wins more games in 2021

2021 Andy Dalton with the 2021 steelers
or
2021 Ben with the 2021 steelers

????

Depressingly it's Ben, Dalton is just as if not more washed

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Brett Favre broke receivers fingers with how hard he threw the ball, but he also fit it into windows he shouldn’t have been able to because of said force on the pass.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mahomes does seem to throw short and intermediate passes very hard, I suppose Herbert has the same problem since his arm strength is even better than Mahomes

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Who replaces 2021 Lamar Jackson to make the team better in 2022?

I mean there was just a discussion in one of these threads about how dire the FA market is going to be. You may get Rodgers or Russ angling for a trade next season but beyond that you’re rolling with, like, Drew Lock or hoping one of the uninspiring draft prospects pans out. So I guess the answer is probably no one, realistically.

Anyway, to assume that this is all because Lamar fell off a cliff instead of the O-line being held together with duct tape and all of the RBs being dead or barely above replacement level is some serious galaxy brain poo poo. He was putting up some of his best numbers early in the season but you can only expect the guy to do everything for so long. I also suspect that there’s some frustration there between him and Roman which maybe gets resolved when the team gets healthier, but maybe not. Firing an OC after a disheartening loss worked in 2012, maybe it’ll work again!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Freaquency posted:

I mean there was just a discussion in one of these threads about how dire the FA market is going to be. You may get Rodgers or Russ angling for a trade next season but beyond that you’re rolling with, like, Drew Lock or hoping one of the uninspiring draft prospects pans out. So I guess the answer is probably no one, realistically.

Anyway, to assume that this is all because Lamar fell off a cliff instead of the O-line being held together with duct tape and all of the RBs being dead or barely above replacement level is some serious galaxy brain poo poo. He was putting up some of his best numbers early in the season but you can only expect the guy to do everything for so long. I also suspect that there’s some frustration there between him and Roman which maybe gets resolved when the team gets healthier, but maybe not. Firing an OC after a disheartening loss worked in 2012, maybe it’ll work again!

Lamar never used to have the issues against the pass rush he's having now--in fact he straight up excelled against it. If you rushed everyone at him he would make you pay for it. Now he just gets sacked a million times. He's been sacked more than anyone this year. It's a huge turnaround.

I agree that we need to dump roman in the offseason and see how Lamar does with someone else and hopefully better injury luck. And then we'll know if he's worth paying.

Like I said if he shows that this latter part of the year is a total fluke and all just due to multiple points of failure from the team and the injury gods then I'm fine with paying him whatever.

But what we're seeing now in my mind cannot just be excused by injuries. Miami was 2-7 when we faced them and had a bad defense and we couldn't do anything against them. Pittsburgh's defense is terrible and had multiple guys out and we were even pushing them around pretty well all throughout the first half. Yet couldn't build a lead. You can't just brush that off.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 6, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Since my last post I've been watching some Favre highlights. One just said that he was stronger than a garlic milkshake after returning to the field to play injured.

Favre was almost certainly concussed and should not have went back in the game.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Greetings from back on page 6 but I'm going to have a hearty lol if you guys have been getting Kawalimused for 90 unread posts. I'm not skipping ahead but I'm excited to find out!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

Lamar never used to have the issues against the pass rush he's having now--in fact he straight up excelled against it. If you rushed everyone at him he would make you pay for it. Now he just gets sacked a million times. He's been sacked more than anyone this year. It's a huge turnaround.

I agree that we need to dump roman in the offseason and see how Lamar does with someone else and hopefully better injury luck. And then we'll know if he's worth paying.

Like I said if he shows that this latter part of the year is a total fluke and all just due to multiple points of failure from the team and the injury gods then I'm fine with paying him whatever.

But what we're seeing now in my mind cannot just be excused by injuries. Miami was 2-7 when we faced them and had a bad defense and we couldn't do anything against them. Pittsburgh's defense is terrible and had multiple guys out and we were even pushing them around pretty well all throughout the first half. Yet couldn't build a lead. You can't just brush that off.

But the problem with this thinking is that you’re looking at a three game window of middling-to-bad play and assuming that’s the real Lamar while assuming the 2 and a half years of excellent play was a fluke. That’s the sort of knee-jerk reaction that makes listening to fan call-ins to sports radio really funny, but it’s absolutely no way to run a team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just wanted an excuse to type "soft, pillowy balls" and I succeeded. Don't know about everyone else.

DariusLikewise posted:

Wasn't this what everyone in Philadelphia was saying what is wrong with Wentz? He just rifles every pass as hard as possible and it's impossible to catch?

Yeah, it comes up a lot whenever someone wants to talk about touch passing but I won't even begin to try and work out what's nonsense there and what isn't.

Trying to find the footage of some ESPN talking head just collapsing after catching some fastball from like Andrew Luck years back.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

I just want [to touch] soft, pillowy balls.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

But the problem with this thinking is that you’re looking at a three game window of middling-to-bad play and assuming that’s the real Lamar while assuming the 2 and a half years of excellent play was a fluke. That’s the sort of knee-jerk reaction that makes listening to fan call-ins to sports radio really funny, but it’s absolutely no way to run a team.

Some of this stuff has been evident in him but his strengths usually outweighed these things when they showed up. This is the first time where suddenly his strengths just don't seem to matter and his weaknesses do and it's been happening for three games now so I think it's a legitimate concern. Again I could keep going but I'll just reiterate that we need to kick the can on paying him for one more year, get rid of Roman and see how he does under someone else and the other stuff I said with the injuries etc.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Sports are so weird. The half dead Ravens look bad and the decaying Steelers look even worse. Baltimore called a good play to possibly win the game and it barely didn't work out. Whether or not it did wouldn't effect either team's quality going forward but I would've felt so much better yesterday if it worked. It's the dumbest thing to attach any emotion to yet we all do it all the time.

I think this down feeling is lasting mostly because TJ Watt is probably happy and he's such a giant piece of poo poo.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1467977326470340613?t=yzaofq8oHxL5HbsJ3-pFBg&s=19

And this

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1467977937693691906?t=oXMsLbHfiIid1gamSGtk8g&s=19

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't like lamar future prospects considering his very concerning health issues that are not curable. I'd be trading for hurts if I was the ravens.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Brett Favre broke receivers fingers with how hard he threw the ball, but he also fit it into windows he shouldn’t have been able to because of said force on the pass.

https://twitter.com/dbs408/status/1467556688341331972?t=i4Bu5stkiVmGrribK2LxNA&s=19

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

I don't like lamar future prospects considering his very concerning health issues that are not curable. I'd be trading for hurts if I was the ravens.

We have too many injuries as it is to trade for a guy named "hurts".

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Sports are so weird. The half dead Ravens look bad and the decaying Steelers look even worse. Baltimore called a good play to possibly win the game and it barely didn't work out. Whether or not it did wouldn't effect either team's quality going forward but I would've felt so much better yesterday if it worked. It's the dumbest thing to attach any emotion to yet we all do it all the time.

I think this down feeling is lasting mostly because TJ Watt is probably happy and he's such a giant piece of poo poo.

It shouldnt have even come down to the 2pt try because we should have built enough of a first half lead to be in control. Thats where we failed.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

You know who Hebert reminds me of? And this might not be immediately apparent but dude throws the ball exactly like Warren Moon

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Kawalimus gets his wish and the Ravens let Lamar walk and then he wins a Super Bowl the following season with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Super Bowl MVP TJ Watt.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Kawalimus gets his wish and the Ravens let Lamar walk and then he wins a Super Bowl the following season with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Super Bowl MVP TJ Watt.

No one on Earth wants this even if it means Kawalimus is miserable.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--got a better one

Mega64 posted:

Kawalimus gets his wish and the Ravens let Lamar walk and then he wins a Super Bowl the following season with the WFT and Super Bowl MVP Chase Young.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd be down with the Ravens trading Lamar to the Saints just because of how great a scheme/situation fit that would be.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No one on Earth wants this even if it means Kawalimus is miserable.

When it comes to football I don't think it is possible for Kawalimus to be happy.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd be down with the Ravens trading Lamar to the Saints just because of how great a scheme/situation fit that would be.

I, also, would like this. They can give you another guy who is bigger and basically just as good at the same stuff in return.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The struggle itself of fandom is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Kawalimus happy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I, also, would like this. They can give you another guy who is bigger and basically just as good at the same stuff in return.

I will say it was a more attractive prospect last year when Kamara and Slant-Boy were still doing their thing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Joe Buck should call all his games in Manningcast style.

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/1468067621438251010

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BIG BIG BEEF BOYS

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1468058719988690947?t=pCl9tx4aOwwNm3wa8zvXWg&s=19

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
1/3 for the win lol.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bills lost to a team where the opposing QB threw 3 times for 19 yards.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bills statistically were one of the best Ds in the NFL

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bills lost to a team where the opposing QB threw 3 times for 19 yards.

Imagine having Mac in fantasy right now

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzwlhHdhOcc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Pats win throwing three passes on the road and I hit a loving +1135 bet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45PQG1Pu3c