Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Raab also confirmed today they're planning on "reforming" the human rights act

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Rainy Fascist Island really is living up to that moniker eh

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Do they seriously expect us to believe that the Eton boys aren't coked off their tits? How the gently caress do you explain the entire upper class of Britain if none of them go harder than booze?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Do they seriously expect us to believe that the Eton boys aren't coked off their tits? How the gently caress do you explain the entire upper class of Britain if none of them go harder than booze?

I think the question of whether they have to explain poo poo has been conclusively answered.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
And they don't give a poo poo what you think anyways lol

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There's a reason Johnson singled out heroin and crack cocaine, nothing wrong with a little regualar cocaine in the hands of the only people who can use it responsibly (upper class white people)

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

gonadic io posted:

“The country is ­littered with victims of what’s happened. We are going to look at new ways of penalising them.

Wait did he say those sentences back to back in the speech? Holy poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/JoeStephenson96/status/1467437530039660544?s=20

Cthulwho
Aug 31, 2009

Jose posted:

Raab also confirmed today they're planning on "reforming" the human rights act

We all knew it was coming, but never the less, this will be the biggest <laughs nervously what the gently caress gif> moment of the year, and there have already been a lot of them.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1467449629902053379

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Whom among us wouldn't have the government pay for our recreational drugs if they could?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

joke's on them, i get high off of hostile architecture

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
listen, i need drugs to legislate.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Incest.

Also there's nothing more British ruling class than the rules are for thee, not for me. Apart from child molesting I guess

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Venomous posted:

Rainy Fascist Island really is living up to that moniker eh

I dont like it tbh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gently caress sake

https://twitter.com/StephanieJaneG6/status/1467467255193690118?t=9OCUaAAJJhXZ0RgX9oW3cQ&s=19

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Anyone who uses the expression "End of." is probably a massive gently caress c/d?

Based on of the comments to the article and my wonderful boomer housemate who loves using it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Private Speech posted:

Anyone who uses the expression "End of." is probably a massive gently caress c/d?

Based on of the comments to the article and my wonderful boomer housemate who loves using it.
simple as.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Private Speech posted:

Yeah. Also "simple as", and often "stands to reason"

EDIT

lol

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
So she got naked in a public space and got upset that two people talked near her?

As I take my daily morning streak through Asda I happened upon two security guards shouting at me.

Outrageous, unconscionable, broken Britain.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

last time i was in asda i overheard the staff saying some guy had lifted the entire display case of russian standard vodka that was at the front into a trolley and walked straight out lol

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Jose posted:

last time i was in asda i overheard the staff saying some guy had lifted the entire display case of russian standard vodka that was at the front into a trolley and walked straight out lol
o7

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

simples

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

he's seeing the threat from priti on the right and is trying to go for those hard auth voters

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
POLICE

POLICE

POLICE

At least Priti has custom gear.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The British Bulldog has returned!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
look he's gotta make sure that when the coke dog signals on him they don't accidentally include him in the sweep

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Nonsense posted:

The British Bulldog has returned!

Look, Davey Boy Smith was a twat, but I'm pretty sure he'd be greatly offended if you compared him to Boris Johnson

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
yea, at least when davey boy smith showed to an extremely important day at work drugged up to his gills he had someone exceptionally skilled to cover for him

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

yea, at least when davey boy smith showed to an extremely important day at work drugged up to his gills he had someone exceptionally skilled to cover for him

Probably not the first time that Canada's covered this lovely little island's arse either

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

gonadic io posted:

he's seeing the threat from priti on the right and is trying to go for those hard auth voters

Boris: Me in this counts at +1 to the policing figures.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Private Speech posted:

That's a regional flourish but a more universal killphrase is "to be fair" which is only ever deployed nationally by people who have no business judging what is and is not fair.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Super Foul Egg posted:

That's a regional flourish but a more universal killphrase is "to be fair" which is only ever deployed nationally by people who have no business judging what is and is not fair.

I'd say it's the other way around.

"End of" implies a certain sense of haughty superiority and refusal to listen to others - I'm right and you're not and that's it and I won't listen to anything you say, end of.

Whereas "to be fair" is at least an attempt at seeing things from the other perspective, almost an admission of "what we think is inherently biased towards our viewpoint and might be wrong and I'm aware of this fact that attests to it".

e: As a relevant example:

Well to be fair I'm technically a foreigner so I might not be the best person to listen to about this :v:

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 18:34 on Dec 6, 2021

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

gonadic io posted:

https://twitter.com/allforthanookie/status/1466799652746022915

They really are going all for this now it's clear they've hosed it lol
https://twitter.com/guardianopinion/status/1467938915856257032

just sad to see, really

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/Jennifer_Arcuri/status/1467884207443750915?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

and here is the phrenologist confirming what was obviously true

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1467907520840744961?s=20

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jose posted:

and here is the phrenologist confirming what was obviously true

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1467907520840744961?s=20

hmm, I wonder if dom has any experience with lying about breaching covid restrictions while a government minister, remind me again

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

gonadic io posted:

hmm, I wonder if dom has any experience with lying about breaching covid restrictions while a government minister, remind me again

well he's got the first part covered

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Spicy

https://twitter.com/Jennifer_Arcuri/status/1467926320164265986?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Quotey posted:

finally. having sex with the computer is now mandatory to prove you're who you say you are

Prima Nocta of the Digi-Lords