Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Very happy with the way New Mutants went

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I 100% only picked up the first couple issues of Trial of Magneto because of the name and oof I don’t know if I’ll bother with the rest.

I also picked up Onslaught issue 1 without having read any of Way of X because I thought it was going to be an event mini and I guess technically it is but I have regrets.

I guess what I’m saying here is that I’m a rube and feel kinda burnt

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Internet Wizard posted:

I 100% only picked up the first couple issues of Trial of Magneto because of the name and oof I don’t know if I’ll bother with the rest.

I also picked up Onslaught issue 1 without having read any of Way of X because I thought it was going to be an event mini and I guess technically it is but I have regrets.

I guess what I’m saying here is that I’m a rube and feel kinda burnt

Both those things really feel like they got renamed because their series weren't selling well.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What even is Marauders anymore? I’m kind of enjoying the life being blown back into Hellfire Club a little bit, but what is it about? Also, is it ever hinted at before that Shinobi is Harry’s kid? Or is Sebastian just saying he’s dogshit as a father, here’s a much better father figure

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sandwolf posted:

What even is Marauders anymore? I’m kind of enjoying the life being blown back into Hellfire Club a little bit, but what is it about? Also, is it ever hinted at before that Shinobi is Harry’s kid? Or is Sebastian just saying he’s dogshit as a father, here’s a much better father figure

Shinobi joked about that in his first appearance, since his powers are much more similar to Leland's. I guess it's a thing?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Steve Orlando is about to take over Marauders. Next month, I think.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Having an Onslaught book while Franklin Richards is no longer a mutant feels very wrong.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Probably Magic posted:

Having an Onslaught book while Franklin Richards is no longer a mutant feels very wrong.

Ugh, gently caress you Slott.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Gerry Duggan has one more issue of Marauders due out on January 12th, then Steve Orlando is writing Marauders Annual #1 out January 26th.

There's no issue of Marauders solicited for February, but there seems to be a lot of stuff pausing/wrapping up in the next month or two, here's what is officially on the schedule for the coming weeks:

12/08/2021: Hellions #18, Inferno #3
12/15/2021: Excalibur #26, X-Force #26
12/22/2021: SWORD #11, Trial of Magneto #5, Wolverine #19
01/05/2022: Inferno #4, X-Men #6
01/12/2022: Marauders #27
01/19/2022: X Lives of Wolverine #1
01/26/2022: Marauders Annual #1, X-Men #7, X Deaths of Wolverine #1
02/02/2022: Sabretooth #1, X-Cellent #1, X Lives of Wolverine #2
02/09/2022: New Mutants #24, Secret X-Men #1, X Deaths of Wolverine #2
02/16/2022: X Lives of Wolverine #3
02/23/2022: X Deaths of Wolverine #3
03/02/2022: X Lives of Wolverine #4
03/09/2022: New Mutants #25, X Deaths of Wolverine #4

Probably worth noting that the bolded books (and several other earlier ones) got pushed back (officially because of supply chain issues, not late creators):
Inferno #3 was originally 11/24, Inferno #4 was originally 12/29. New Mutants #24 was originally 11/15, then 01/10. New Mutants #25 was originally 01/12.

All of this definitely points to most/all of the current books (aside from Duggan/Laraz's X-Men) getting revamped/restarted/possibly being combined into a new weekly book after the X ____s of Wolverine "event", given how they were all (supposed to) end before that book started, based on solicitations.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1466512507900776454?t=WhinJ0Tch72TCoZE3kDmzw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1466437011594694679?t=AuiKoVxhul4ZXo1dyL7GDQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1466799401700139018?t=7ZV-V7hv4DQH50TNVSLYLw&s=19

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Finally Sinister wins an award!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

danbanana posted:

Finally Sinister wins an award!

It’s for most fabulous cape

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Academy Award Winner Mr. Sinister

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

bobkatt013 posted:

It’s for most fabulous cape

I'm hoping it's the destiny where he just saves everyone and this is his end-of-A-New-Hope moment!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd really really like to see sinister attempt to become a street level hero.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Middle sinister definitely looks the most fabulous.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Third one is bullshit, Sinister should be awarding himself like in that Obama meme

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'd really really like to see sinister attempt to become a street level hero.

Mr. Sinister initially used his powers for personal gain in amateur wrestling but when Mr. Sinister screwed Mr. Sinister out of his prize money from his match against Mr. Sinister, Mr. Sinister stood idly by while Mr. Sinister was robbed by Mr. Sinister. When that same Mr. Sinister later shot Mr. Sinister's beloved Mr. Sinister, Mr. Sinister decided to become the super hero known as Mr. Sinister to use his powers responsibly.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

fatherboxx posted:

Third one is bullshit, Sinister should be awarding himself like in that Obama meme

Sinister would never give an award to a lesser being (a clone of Sinister)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

thetoughestbean posted:

Sinister would never give an award to a lesser being (a clone of Sinister)

Sure he would, as long as he then revealed a second, better award that he's keeping for himself

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Sure he would, as long as he then revealed a second, better award that he's keeping for himself

The snazziest cape

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/status/1467985829406646274

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
why x-men red again

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tag yourself I'm Iceman contemplating his orb

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

No creative team announced kind of make it look like half of these will suck.

And is that... Dark Beast? WTF, we already disliked regular Beast.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
who is this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

It's just regular Beast, I think.

site posted:

who is this

Doug's large wife.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Saoshyant posted:

I think it's regular Beast, his coloring is just a little darker than usual.

Really glad Blindfold is coming back, she got done dirty in Rosenberg's run.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

site posted:

why x-men red again

Because Maddie is long overdue for a solo book duh

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

why x-men red again

Because when it was running it was the best x-book. My interest in it is entirely predicated on Tom Taylor writing it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Because when it was running it was the best x-book. My interest in it is entirely predicated on Tom Taylor writing it.

Yeah but given the time period that's a lotw bar and it was a worse replacement for a much better book. Give me another Taylor Laura/Gabby book instead

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I know these promo pictures aren't always accurate to who's featured, but I don't see Destiny in there and Blindfold is, so clearly the ban on precogs is gonna be done with after inferno, and I'd be sad if Destiny was sidelined.

Edit: Who's the blue chick in the top right corner?

Double Edit, ignore my first statement, Destiny is next to Magik in the top left, weird she's not next to Mystique.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 7, 2021

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Skwirl posted:

I know these promo pictures aren't always accurate to who's featured, but I don't see Destiny in there and Blindfold is, so clearly the ban on precogs is gonna be done with after inferno, and I'd be sad if Destiny was sidelined.

Maybe you should take... the blinders off.

Skwirl posted:

Edit: Who's the blue chick in the top right corner?

Edit: lol

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Tag yourself I'm Iceman contemplating his orb

I'm Destiny with cool grandma abs

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I'm Destiny with cool grandma abs

Mystique brought Destiny back as a younger version. She's not a granny anymore!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Codependent Poster posted:

Mystique brought Destiny back as a younger version. She's not a granny anymore!

Once a grandma, always a grandma.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I want to believe Ewing is writing Immortal X-Men and it's a spin-off/continuation of Immortal Hulk, but I already know better than to hope for something that will not be.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm hoping against hope that Gillen is writing Immortal X-Men.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm serious, who's the blue girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Skwirl posted:

I'm serious, who's the blue girl?

Somnus? They were introduced in the Pride Voices issue.