Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not going to do amulet until January but I'll open the Xmas f11 shortly. Probably next week though, I like to try and time to end close to Xmas, since the idea is that it's a game for people who want to do something over the holidays without committing to a giant game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm not going to do amulet until January but I'll open the Xmas f11 shortly. Probably next week though, I like to try and time to end close to Xmas, since the idea is that it's a game for people who want to do something over the holidays without committing to a giant game

I would like to presignup please. I cannot explain why, BUT I HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I could open up the F7 I been thinking about running

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

I would like to presignup please. I cannot explain why, BUT I HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME

POSTED FROM COOK COUNTY JAIL

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

More like lake county house

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

let's just say he made sure the property would be on the market

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The feeling of relief I experienced this morning when I realized I was playing/running 0 Mafia games currently was palpable.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

merk please run a merk’s lake house-themed setup

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Somberbrero posted:

The feeling of relief I experienced this morning when I realized I was playing/running 0 Mafia games currently was palpable.

I hope I will be there soon, I'm ready for a break....and then game chat piques my interest. It's hard to say no sometimes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Got my secret Santa gift, thanks merk!

It was 3 bottles of good looking wine, I'll crack at least one for the Holidays and provide a trip report then.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maerlyn posted:

I hope I will be there soon, I'm ready for a break....and then game chat piques my interest. It's hard to say no sometimes.

Other package showed up today ,thanks maer. Should come in handy at work

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Retro Futurist posted:

Other package showed up today ,thanks maer. Should come in handy at work

Good to hear!

I received my gifts but I'm not sure who to thank - I didn't see an SA name and they stayed anonymous when they messaged me on Elfster.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Mine arrived yesterday, it's a comic and it looks awesome as all hell! Santa also identified themselves, I'm not going to, but you know who you are and if you read this, you rock. Thanks for taking all that work to get it delivered, too!

Edit: pic!

Shellception fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Dec 8, 2021

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Maerlyn posted:

Good to hear!

I received my gifts but I'm not sure who to thank - I didn't see an SA name and they stayed anonymous when they messaged me on Elfster.

Hmmm, only solution I reckon is to set up a game of secret santa mafia

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Prince of Cats is very cool, good choice Santa person!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Somberbrero posted:

Prince of Cats is very cool, good choice Santa person!

It was probably a suave cat indeed who sent the second coolest gift this year.

But now to figure out who sent the coolest one to me (although I have my suspicions), because god drat!

A badass game is that I’m definitely playing with my game friends back in San Francisco when I head down there this month.

A drat awesome Charizard that will be unveiled to a little Pokémon fiend on Christmas and make me look like the coolest parent ever.

Some rad gloves that will keep my fingers stylish, nice and cozy so I can continue to vote townies on my phone when I get a chance to ride on the weekends (I’ve tried voting townies before without winter gloves when riding and it takes like ten minutes for my phone to recognize my frozen fingertips).

And a nice thought but I have no idea why they think I would ever need to use these.

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 9, 2021

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:neckbeard:

Hope you enjoy. The game is more for kids I would suggest not playing it with actual board game people. Opop Jr enjoyed it many times but has outgrown it so figured it should go on to a new home

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lmfao the pancake molds ahahahahahahaha

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Retro Futurist posted:

:neckbeard:

Hope you enjoy. The game is more for kids I would suggest not playing it with actual board game people. Opop Jr enjoyed it many times but has outgrown it so figured it should go on to a new home

I think you overestimate how well our brains will be functioning after not seeing each other for a year. But thanks again the gifts are rad, especially that Charizard which is amazing.

Sandwolf posted:

https://i.imgur.com/03yE7F3.mp4

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Voodoofly posted:

I think you overestimate how well our brains will be functioning after not seeing each other for a year. But thanks again the gifts are rad, especially that Charizard which is amazing.

https://i.imgur.com/03yE7F3.mp4

The Charizard was a surprising amount of work but I'm happy with how it came out. Keep an eye on the wings though, there are some wires in there that kept poking out. The edges are rounded and Im pretty sure I got them to stay, but keep an eye out. And yeah the pancake molds were an obvious must

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

:emptyquote:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I've always liked those small "unboxing" posts after the SASS. That hand-made Charizard is seriously awesome!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Lmao those pancake molds are awesome

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

We need to see pancakes made and babyfly render judgement.

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.

Podima posted:

The Big Game Queue references are callbacks to when there were enough Mafia games going on that people signed up for a queue to run their big games one by one, as a way to avoid having multiple large games open at the same time. They're just loving with you now though, it hasn't been a thing for years.

Even at the height, good hosts got to skip most of the que. Hell, even a few years into it most of the que was from people that had either already left or were sporadic at best.

Is there a link to it? I can not find it on the wiki.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

rear end is hometown posted:

Even at the height, good hosts got to skip most of the que. Hell, even a few years into it most of the que was from people that had either already left or were sporadic at best.

Is there a link to it? I can not find it on the wiki.

The Mafia High Council voted to allow those hosts to skip t he queue.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I never once had to wait in the queue. Really makes you think

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Humalong is a gold mafia member.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think I have a game in the queue from like 2010,i should really get that one run one of these days

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Retro Futurist posted:

I think I have a game in the queue from like 2010,i should really get that one run one of these decades

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Much love to my beautiful little Kansas City boy <3 excited to try these coffees, nervous as gently caress to try these hot sauces

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

Much love to my beautiful little Kansas City boy <3 excited to try these coffees, nervous as gently caress to try these hot sauces

Everything in this photo is something people here in Kansas City rave about. The Roasterie, for being such a cool coffee place it has an actual airplane on top of the building and a full tour of the roasting process; The Nelson-Atkins for being a world-class museum; Joe's fry seasoning is something people fight about if someone doesn't like it; Night of the Living Bar B Q sauce is touted as the best pork BBQ sauce in the city. Spicin Foods, as you may or may not know, makes nearly every hot sauce seen on Hot Ones on youtube. They also do private labeling for William Sonoma sauces. That test batch of Ghostujang can't be found anywhere outside for their store. Which is open exactly 2 days a week for about 5 hours each day.

All in all, I hope you enjoy most, if not all, of that package. If you enjoy the coffee and need more of it, they do sell online.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

DGK2000 posted:

Everything in this photo is something people here in Kansas City rave about. The Roasterie, for being such a cool coffee place it has an actual airplane on top of the building and a full tour of the roasting process; The Nelson-Atkins for being a world-class museum; Joe's fry seasoning is something people fight about if someone doesn't like it; Night of the Living Bar B Q sauce is touted as the best pork BBQ sauce in the city. Spicin Foods, as you may or may not know, makes nearly every hot sauce seen on Hot Ones on youtube. They also do private labeling for William Sonoma sauces. That test batch of Ghostujang can't be found anywhere outside for their store. Which is open exactly 2 days a week for about 5 hours each day.

All in all, I hope you enjoy most, if not all, of that package. If you enjoy the coffee and need more of it, they do sell online.

This dude gets it. These are all KC favs and I will stab a bitch over some Joe's fry seasoning.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's time :sassargh: How the Scum Stole Xmas XI

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If someone sent me a secret santa gift and it seems like I didn't say anything it's because I haven't been home in three weeks so hopefully it wasn't something perishable!

Also I really should check this thread more, hopefully my santee likes what they got (which probably is still a couple days away from arriving...)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh by the way, happy birthday Opop :colbert:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Retro Futurist posted:

It's not tomorrow yet. Is that your birth timezone?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Retro Futurist posted:

Birthday Party Time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
happy birthday o-pop, I hope you come back to thread after purchasing your smokes one day.