Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Zuppa Toscanna is bomb.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I made turkey soup with the thanksgiving carcass and you'd have had to come at me with a knife and a look of intent to get a bowl of it away from me, gently caress this swap poo poo

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
i made a white chicken chili a few months ago and had the epiphany why would i ever eat chicken soup again when this exists

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Picturing a Brooklynite slipping on a patch of ice while leaving the subway and they drop their gallon freezer bag full of egg drop soup and hoards of rats descend upon them in a flurry then when they disperse all you see is a pair of oversized horn rimmed glasses and cloth mask displaying RBG

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Kulldorf looks like his face is made of modeling clay

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
really who even has enough bowls to host a soup swap

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

microcovid still says dangerously high while wearing a half mask :rubby:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

facetoucher cat posted:

Picturing a Brooklynite slipping on a patch of ice while leaving the subway and they drop their gallon freezer bag full of egg drop soup and hoards of rats descend upon them in a flurry then when they disperse all you see is a pair of oversized horn rimmed glasses and cloth mask displaying RBG

Dishonored 3 sounding promising, especially the part with the soup

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Dominate your friend group by bringing bread (and covid) to the soup swap.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Bringing a box of captain crunch cereal and half gallon of milk saying it's technically soup

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
op, chain some geese to your front door

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
mmm you can really taste the umami, i say, trying to get laid at hte soup party

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

no soup for you!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
https://twitter.com/heidi_seidr/status/1468064525878542339

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
covid soup for the bruncher soul

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
steal all the spoons and hide them before you hole up in your room for soup swap lol

edit: leave a trail of clues and puzzles that lead them out of the house to the spoons.. hidden miles away in a park

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Rauros posted:

Does this actually account for a p100 elastomeric lol

zone
Dec 6, 2016

gandlethorpe posted:

chicken soup for the post covid soul would probably become a best seller among whatever of us ends up left from this loving mess

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

My wife goes back to work Jan 3rd, and we can't find any childcare that is either accepting infants within the next 6 monrhs or nannies that are vaccinated.

I'm gonna have to quit my job and lose my insurance just so our 4 month old doesn't die of starvation or covid. Lol. Lmao.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Some of my friends got into baking bread at the beginning of the pandemic, it’s been nearly 2 years and their loaves are still trash. I don’t understand how none of them have gotten better at baking yet. We did a Christmas cookie swap and one of them made shortbread that tasted like a salt lick. Imagine getting covid at a party with food like that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Some of my friends got into baking bread at the beginning of the pandemic, it’s been nearly 2 years and their loaves are still trash. I don’t understand how none of them have gotten better at baking yet. We did a Christmas cookie swap and one of them made shortbread that tasted like a salt lick. Imagine getting covid at a party with food like that.

At least they didn't adopt any puppies that they then put down when covid ended. Hopefully.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rauros posted:

The half mask risk reduction factor of twenty is just an rear end-pull, but not as egregious as some of their other assumptions.

Ærosol? Never ’eard of ’er!

How much Ivermectin do you have to mainline to convince yourself that airliners are somehow less disease‐ridden than a car with the windows down!

lol pods

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Trixie Hardcore posted:

might make the next party at least taste better?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zone posted:

chicken soup for the post covid soul would probably become a best seller among whatever of us ends up left from this loving mess

Mild Recipes for the Mildly Disabled: Since You Can't Taste poo poo Anyway

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

It's impossible to make shortbread good tbf

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Fenarisk posted:

My wife goes back to work Jan 3rd, and we can't find any childcare that is either accepting infants within the next 6 monrhs or nannies that are vaccinated.

I'm gonna have to quit my job and lose my insurance just so our 4 month old doesn't die of starvation or covid. Lol. Lmao.

poo poo, we had to do that in 2016 with our second kid. simply cheaper for one job + stay at home than 2 jobs + day care

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol so he totally would have died if it weren't for the regeneron

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

only good thing about a soup swap would be all the oyster crackers

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Rauros posted:

my roommates announced they're having 10 people over wednesday night for a soup swap (so loving stupid). i can't leave and not sure where i would go, because the roads are covered in ice, and it's below freezing. might have to rock the half mask in my room for the evening.

the gently caress is with all these souper spreader events recently?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Fenarisk posted:

fosborb posted:

poo poo, we had to do that in 2016 with our second kid. simply cheaper for one job + stay at home than 2 jobs + day care
lol :same: with my second child as well, spouse quit job rather than 2 jobs + daycare draining way an income
then months later covid hit to add another layer of lmao onto the lol

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Rauros posted:

soup swap (so loving stupid)

Heyyyyyyyy!

I did a soup thing last night. Had a bunch of people over any it was v dumb but also fun (*no literal sucking and loving, unfortunately)

I would really like it if everyone mocked me if/when I report being covid+ in a week or so!

the soup was fantastic, though.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
the important part of any soup or stew is a flavorful base, using meats will add a depth and richness to your broth

e: you mean I gotta log into my damned account to upload for it to hyperlink? what is this poo poo

facetoucher cat fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 7, 2021

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

gandlethorpe posted:

1 star - none of the soups at the swap smelled like anything, completely flavorless

gandlethorpe posted:

At least they didn't adopt any puppies that they then put down when covid ended. Hopefully.

Two them had babies that they’re taking to a superspreader event soon but everyone’s dogs seem safe.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

It's impossible to make shortbread good tbf

I love shortbread but most everyone is bad at making it, usually because they don’t use good quality butter or they add extras to make it more interesting without knowing how to use flavors like herbs or florals properly. Even the bakeries around town make shortbread that taste like hotel soaps because they go overboard on florals.

Helith posted:

the gently caress is with all these souper spreader events recently?

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

the important part of any soup or stew is a flavorful base, using meats will add a depth and richness to your broth

https://imgur.com/r1otQw8.jpg

e: you mean I gotta log into my damned account to upload for it to hyperlink? what is this poo poo

:hmmyes:

I bought my first bougie farm raised whole chicken for making the stock on this one... If I'm getting 'cronid, figure I'd go all out, make it more worth it

AppleNippleBOB fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 7, 2021

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Soup was good. That's probably it for my highly irresponsible behavior until this wave had crashed over us. If I get sick from this, mock me - please.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I am also dumb AF and put url not timg lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
so NYC has the vaccine mandate on all private employers, how is that going to work?

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

so NYC has the vaccine mandate on all private employers, how is that going to work?

it won't.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I called my mom just now, told her that we're only going to drop by the house on Christmas to drop off gifts and we're not going to see the rest of the family

she immediately agreed, and said that they weren't going to any parties organized by our cousins either

uhhhhhh I might just survive a second holiday season, folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facetoucher cat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo