Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TotalHell posted:

It is an Internet joke, or “meme,” if you will.

Why is it not spelled "memey"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
[[Turn to Frogge]]

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Toshimo posted:

[[Turn to Frogge]]

I want a gray ogre named harambe if we’re doing a meme set

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Toshimo posted:

[[Turn to Frogger]]

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Arivia posted:

I want a gray ogre named harambe if we’re doing a meme set

The meme set is space carnival, sorry

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

The meme set is space carnival, sorry

Fine, it’s wearing an astronaut helmet and is called Harambe, Cosmonaut.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

https://aetherhub.com/Deck/dimir-zombies-650934

Still working on the sideboard a bit. My land situation is also unoptimized based on what I have in my collection.

Playing against Turns made me nervous, but if I was able to stick Necroduality and an Archghoul or Headless Rider I could bounce back from board wipes. Amalgam saved me one game too.

Nice deck! Archghoul is such great card advantage

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kalvanoo posted:

why is everyone spelling monkey "monke"

monke, doge, catte, ratte, frogge

take any animal name + add an "e" to the end = internet cute speak. welcome to the internet, be safe out there

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

kalel posted:

take any animal name + add an "e" to the end = internet cute speak. welcome to the internet, be safe out there

Gonna start applying this to MTG tribal decks. Zombe. Fishe. Elffe. Gobbe

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

quote:

🎅🎄🎁Holidays are here, and we’ve got a special treat this year! It doesn’t matter if you’ve been 😈or 😇, we love you all the same 😜.

All you need to do to win this 👉VERY LIMITED and SERIALIZED gold-plated token is to :

Take a photo of yourself in store and post it on Facebook

2. Follow us and Tag #MagicHoliday<2 letter SEA country code>

3. Bonus points holding your latest Wizards purchase (Magic or D&D)

4. Bonus points if you’re dressed in holiday style

Last entries will be recorded on 24th December 2021.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

That's a wonderful card. Of course it'll be impossible to get here. :smith:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

You gotta say monke like Macho Man Randy Savage in that one Dexter's Lab episode

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GoutPatrol posted:

You gotta say monke like Macho Man Randy Savage in that one Dexter's Lab episode

Rasslor kicked rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Playing the Monkey... this is Agent Honeydew... help us clip on my phone every time I summon Ragavan

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

https://aetherhub.com/Deck/dimir-zombies-650934

Still working on the sideboard a bit. My land situation is also unoptimized based on what I have in my collection.

Playing against Turns made me nervous, but if I was able to stick Necroduality and an Archghoul or Headless Rider I could bounce back from board wipes. Amalgam saved me one game too.

I know you probably aren't looking for tips from a scrub but I noticed Hagra Mauling x2 and 1x Malakir Rebirth being used in Simon Gortzen's mono black zombies deck this weekend. Might go nice in this :c00l:

https://mtgazone.com/user-decks/6omi6pesgbzmsoj7gfkr

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

kalel posted:

well, ok.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Space Friend posted:

I'd probably build a straight forward RB deck with that pool. You've got removal in red for almost every situation and Grisly Ritual for the things rending flame can't hit. Decent access to blood in black, too. I'd probably do this:

https://sealeddeck.tech/0aXQSLyaS3

With this I think you'd either a) curve out and fight for board presence or b) stall with removal until you can start dropping 4+ drops and keep them churning with blood fountain.

AlternateNu posted:

Your R removal is phenomenal, and the creature curve isn't bad. I would've done R/B or R/U. Your U pool is shallower but more powerful than B just off the two U rares. Your best black card is Wedding Security which works better with R than U.

I could see an argument to go U/B and splash red for the removal if you wanted to get greedy.

Silhouette posted:

You had a sick Gruul deck that practically built itself, maybe even Jund off the back of Weaver, Mulch and Wilds

appreciate the reviews. i've played black/red in draft for this set and have been getting killed so i was hesitant to play B/R again especially when i didn't even pick up the uncommon/rare B/R cards. i ended up UW splash red because i had good success with spirits but looking back at it now i just didn't have much in the way of interaction for removal/counterspells.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

kalel posted:

monke isn't actually internet cute speak though, it's internet caveman speak

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnVf1ZoCJSo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ducke, deere, beare, donke just to name a few more. watch out for "birb" though, that's an irregular conjugate

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Monke is one of the few where the e isn't silent though.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That little guy didn't climb the ranks from slave monkey to head monkey of a pirate ship just so you morons could give him a cute generic name.
He is Ragavan, and he is the Nimble Pilferer; please show some goddamn respect. Jesus Christ.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

would be cool if ragavan was super smart and kari Zev was just an illusion he projected with monke magicke in order to be taken seriously by the other pirates

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
DRC and monke being in the same set is just really perfect.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

They really underestimated how hard it would be to get the delirium conditions.

Honestly, I think the monkey isn’t that bad, unholy heat is more annoying.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
It's only easy to hit delirium conditions because Mishra's Bauble is still inexplicably allowed

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kalel posted:

would be cool if ragavan was super smart and kari Zev was just an illusion he projected with monke magicke in order to be taken seriously by the other pirates

I was considering the flavor with all this monkeeeng around and landed on ragavan stealing from the confined ship, and thus the crew, but kari zev is a loving horrible boss that they have to put up with her horrible pet. But maybe she just routinely lands Spanish treasure fleets, in the ixalan equivalent, so they put up with her pilfering monkey, far more powerful than her. Thinks yours is more likely tho

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

sit on my Facebook posted:

It's only easy to hit delirium conditions because Mishra's Bauble is still inexplicably allowed

They should ban it and then reprint Urza's Bauble in the next Horizons set. :getin:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

teppichporsche posted:

Everyone did.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Ragavan stole the letter “y” from some words on the internet as part of his nimble pilfering

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

kalvanoo posted:

why is everyone spelling monkey "monke"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdrlALQVEKM

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

DangerDongs posted:

That little guy didn't climb the ranks from slave monkey to head monkey of a pirate ship just so you morons could give him a cute generic name.
He is Ragavan, and he is the Nimble Pilferer; please show some goddamn respect. Jesus Christ.

Some people's kids, I tell ya! :argh:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kaladesh. they're flying ship pirates

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

teppichporsche posted:

Honestly, I think the monkey isn’t that bad, unholy heat is more annoying.

The Deliriusm +2/+2 mode isn't even the part that makes it competitive. It's the free "I will never draw another bad card again" part the same way players don't get how powerful a lantern effect is in Lantern. Or how the Jace+ can end a game.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

HootTheOwl posted:

The Deliriusm +2/+2 mode isn't even the part that makes it competitive. It's the free "I will never draw another bad card again" part the same way players don't get how powerful a lantern effect is in Lantern. Or how the Jace+ can end a game.

It's also why Xanathar was such a bomb in limited. It wasn't that you could play your opponent's crap. It was that you got to ensure they never drew gas ever again. So, if they didn't have an immediate answer to Xanathar, they would never get one.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's been a week and there's actually a new "Dies to Removal" Christmas came early. Also PleasantKenobi will loving eat your deck as you watch in abject horror and fascination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G0CubPcseU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

found out the guy who won my store's championship event (crimson vow sealed) also won the other LGS championship event (modern horizons 2 draft)... one was a premiere WPN shop so he got the store's personalized wurmcoil. pretty sick

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Tied for 6th at my shop with Modern BG Infect.

I'm missing 1 Verdant Catacombs, 1 Misty Rainforest, and 3 Noble Hierarchs from the list, but it did OK.

Got merc'd by a Omnath list that always had answers, and a Selesnya Enchantments build.

Did completely destroy a turbo fog approach of the second sun deck which did feel good.

First ever Modern tournament/event I've played, and walked away with a playset of promo Arbor Elf and the foil promo Collected Company.

( There were 8 players )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Strong Sauce posted:

found out the guy who won my store's championship event (crimson vow sealed) also won the other LGS championship event (modern horizons 2 draft)... one was a premiere WPN shop so he got the store's personalized wurmcoil. pretty sick

one of my local stores did mh2 draft for store championship and they for some reason made a pod of 8 and a pod of 6 with crosspod play followed by a cut to top 8 with the same draft decks. so I left.

Other stores champs is this weekend and is modern.