Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Just got to the episode where Martin pretends to be gay to avoid being courted by a woman at the opera. This show is so blessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Frasier episode that dealt with gay stuff that I most remember is when there is a new handsome Station Manager(?) at the radio station, and Frasier invites him back to his house to set him up with Daphne, but the bloke is gay and thinks that he is on a date with Frasier.

Hilarity ensues.

I always felt bad for that bloke, because over the course of the evening Frasier leads him on pretty hard, (for a 90s show where the gag was "haha two men being flirty with one another is hilarious"), and the punchline is Daphne comes in all dolled up just when the guy finally says the magic words "I. Am. Gay.", so turns around and runs away in humiliation. And then Frasier just goes "sorry mate, not into dudes. I was trying to pimp you off to my housecleaner, heh." And this poor handsome man takes it all with far more grace and dignity than I would have.

I don't think he was ever seen again either.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Very briefly, once. Something to do with Bebe or a Frasier meltdown?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
The only redeeming part of this show is the times Wishbone is on screen.

fight me

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

codo27 posted:

Very briefly, once. Something to do with Bebe or a Frasier meltdown?

He pops up again in a Bebe episode where she is negotiating Frasier’s contract with the station and subsequently threatens to jump off the tower which Fraiser talks her down.

Not too long after he’s written out when they introduce the new manager of the station, which I think was Kate “Dirty Girl.”

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hasselblad posted:

Moose and Soccer scampering together beyond the rainbow bridge :weeping:

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

BrigadierSensible posted:

The Frasier episode that dealt with gay stuff that I most remember is when there is a new handsome Station Manager(?) at the radio station, and Frasier invites him back to his house to set him up with Daphne, but the bloke is gay and thinks that he is on a date with Frasier.

Hilarity ensues.

I always felt bad for that bloke, because over the course of the evening Frasier leads him on pretty hard, (for a 90s show where the gag was "haha two men being flirty with one another is hilarious"), and the punchline is Daphne comes in all dolled up just when the guy finally says the magic words "I. Am. Gay.", so turns around and runs away in humiliation. And then Frasier just goes "sorry mate, not into dudes. I was trying to pimp you off to my housecleaner, heh." And this poor handsome man takes it all with far more grace and dignity than I would have.

He was in the episode where bebe goes out on the ledge threatening to jump.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hasselblad posted:

fight me

Frasier inspired a loooot of people to get an extremely lovely breed of dog, and that's an lol

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Hasselblad posted:

fight me

`

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Oh my. Frasier just said massa

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm sure this one's been posted before but it's worth a refresher even if it has.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

This show is constantly unclear on the labor situation at KACL.

Like the contracts for the on-air personalities are negotiated individually but all the producers and techs have a separate combined contract?

And sometimes Roz calls Frasier her boss which... yeah I guess? It's not like Frasier could run the show without her though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Doesn't sound entirely ridiculous coming from a showbiz background, maybe. Most TV shows are after all, made by show business people, which is one of the most heavily unionised remaining industries in the US, but at the same time famously has individual actors and performers who have their own contracts. You see a lot of those dynamics in TV depictions of labour disputes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
When you're watching Frasier and the analytical part of your brain objects to something not making perfect sense just say out loud "Oh really, Niles!"

Or shout "Veneer!" And chug more of your beverage of choice.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

This show is constantly unclear on the labor situation at KACL.

Like the contracts for the on-air personalities are negotiated individually but all the producers and techs have a separate combined contract?

And sometimes Roz calls Frasier her boss which... yeah I guess? It's not like Frasier could run the show without her though.

You've figured out the radio business

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
We met island Niles last night. :monocle:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

You've figured out the radio business

Finally. I should look into a career in this burgeoning industry that has years ahead of it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Finally. I should look into a career in this burgeoning industry that has years ahead of it.

Collier's magazine says: Radio Is a Hit!

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 12, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Said before, but KACL was probably already an anachronism when the show started, non-political talk radio wasn't really a thing anymore. They had the right idea and didn't let that get in the way.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I have it on good authority that radio stars are the most beloved and recognized stars in any city.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I have it on good authority that radio stars are the most beloved and recognized stars in any city.
Actually true when it comes to Spanish language radio personalities, oddly enough.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

FilthyImp posted:

Actually true when it comes to Spanish language radio personalities, oddly enough.

Hmm looks like KACL’s salsa days was quite the inspired business choice!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Hmm looks like KACL’s salsa days was quite the inspired business choice!

Doctor Hidalgo en Las tardes! "Estoy atento, compadres!"

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Said before, but KACL was probably already an anachronism when the show started, non-political talk radio wasn't really a thing anymore. They had the right idea and didn't let that get in the way.

I listened to non-political talk radio until around 2010 when the show had to turn into a podcast, but that was in the Bay Area and may have lasted longer than elsewhere.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Imagine KACL as KUOW and Cisco has a show alongside Gil Chesterton where they talk about the best restaurants to eat locally grown horticulture.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Also imaging KUOW or KPLU with a Bulldog-style sports show, lol

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
"Golda Meier ... Golda My-rear end."

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ynohtna posted:

We met island Niles last night. :monocle:

This got ignored but it would have made me lose my poo poo, were you at a normal place or somewhere cool?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

My sister got me a black flag T-shirt that says NILES CRANE on it and it's just perfect.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Stumbled into a Twitter thread of people arguing how Marty as a former cop would’ve voted. These zoomers must not have actually watched the show because there was already one where Marty endorses a fascist

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Think about the fact that Marty owns a Winnebago that he parks in a secure underground parking garage and then realize how many people in Seattle live in RVs on the side of the road.

I mean, it wasn't like that in 1998 but Marty is a prime target for the Seattle Is Dying rhetoric.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

acab even crane boys

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

stromboni posted:

Stumbled into a Twitter thread of people arguing how Marty as a former cop would’ve voted. These zoomers must not have actually watched the show because there was already one where Marty endorses a fascist

He sent a person back to prison literally out of spite and a personal vendetta.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
David Hicks Did Nothing Wrong

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Marty and Duke are loving and that's the drat truth.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Oh, who watches PBS?

I'll tell you who. Discerning, cultured viewers like yourselves.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Saucer Hovers posted:

acab even crane boys

All Cranes Are Bastards

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

https://twitter.com/2DForever/status/1480355662869762048

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I would pay good money to digitally murder daphne's family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If I were rich I'd fund that project in a heartbeat.

Collect powerups to transform into Super Frasier (black silk bathrobe) and Island Niles (tiki-torch escrima sticks), American Daph (guns) and RoboMarty.

Give it the CPS2 AvP battle system. Continue screen would be Frasier in the studio going "Caller.... I'm here Caller..." while a timer counts down and ROZ pounds on the glass increasingly agitated. Get to Zero and the screen turns grey with only a VO of "Caller.... I'm *not* listening..."

Gil and Bulldog stand over a broken Frasier with "YOU LOST YOUR TIMESLOT. GAME OVER!" and a hi-score list.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 10, 2022