Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Wasn't Nikki the Raw women's champion like literally 4 months ago?

And Rhea was before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
She was a loser who lost all the time then too. Come to think of it, so was Zelina!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hope he shows up in DPW

The E-Fed?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I didn't watch but the Reddit consensus seems to be that Liv was sloppy in the title match and it exposed her as NOT READY (?) but also Becky's heel turn has completely failed as she comes out to huge pops and then deflates the crowd with "YOU PEOPLE" and "THIS TOWN" bullshit.

The only things I've seen of Becky's current run are 1) the Bianca squash (very bad) and 2) the Survivor Series match (good). I guess I can appreciate WWE not just completely running THE MAN stuff into the ground upon her return because that was so cool at the time.

I guess it's just Internet fans that have soured on the 4HW because they're all still over as hell, it seems. My brain turns off during a lot of Charlotte's character stuff, mostly because of the way she's booked. She's obviously a better heel than face but THE QUEEN stuff is pretty grating.

As a casual/occasional watcher, I have no idea what Sasha's alignment is week-to-week. She can obviously go and tell a story in the ring. Sasha/Bayley at Takeover really got me back into wrestling.

And on that note, I'm curious what they do with Bayley upon her return. Her money-printing face run that everyone predicted never really panned out but she turned out to be a solid heel champion.

Was it just Sasha that requested her release after that WM where they lost the tag belts? I'd love to see Bayley and/or Sasha could do in AEW. Like, a two-year run and they can go back to the Fed if they want (or maybe they'd be locked out for both being 30+ by then).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I'd love to see what Sasha could do in AEW.

Not work most of their shows

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

explosivo posted:

The E-Fed?

https://twitter.com/deadlockpro/status/1467936121644584966

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Sandman McMahon posted:

It sums up The Miz’ career pretty well imo

I disagree - he became a professional wrestler, headlined Wrestlemania as a champ, married a smoking hot blonde, and pretty much has a job for life.

If anything, the Miz won. He found his niche, played it well, and got it all.

I never want to see him wrestle, but he got those WWE dollars.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wwf body slam

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

CobiWann posted:

I disagree - he became a professional wrestler, headlined Wrestlemania as a champ, married a smoking hot blonde, and pretty much has a job for life.

If anything, the Miz won. He found his niche, played it well, and got it all.

I never want to see him wrestle, but he got those WWE dollars.

Honestly, his name being used as a burn on MJF was pretty amazing, but in large part because what you say is mostly true.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Holy poo poo they got Jakob Hammermeier out of retirement?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lumbermouth posted:

Holy poo poo they got Jakob Hammermeier out of retirement?

You can do anything with the infinite resources of DPW. You know how the Saudis got Michaels and Undertaker out of retirement? Same deal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

We could be looking at a world where Kidd Bandit holds a World title :ohdear:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Not work most of their shows

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The funniest idea to me is that Bayley was ever good as a face and that her learning disability Napoleon dynamite character gimmick would have ever been over outside of that specific NXt audience at the time which was full of some of the dumbest fans around and it was like the same 300 morons weekly. The loving side pony tail and the adult baby gimmick like, it was way too lame for kids, and way too stupid for adults the only people who thought it would work were grown men who had bizarre confidence in what actual children might like, and they were extrenely wrong as she went to the main roster and died instantly. Now she’s one of the best workers and promos they have, thank god the Eugenette thing ended.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Jojo Siwa is a millionaire but go on

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

Jojo Siwa is a millionaire but go on

She was also a literal child not pushing 30 when she made that money. The gimmick died on arrival, and nothing would have saved it. It’s a creepy gimmick and i’m glad it’s gone forever because she’s actually great beyond that early total failure

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

quote:

WWE is reportedly moving forward with plans for a series of matches between Brock Lesnar and WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.

It was originally reported that Lesnar vs. Reigns at WWE Crown Jewel in October was not a one-and-done bout between the two, and that WWE had another title match planned with Lesnar challenging Reigns.

In an update, Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns for WWE Day 1 was confirmed this past Friday on SmackDown, and word now is that the series will continue past the Day 1 pay-per-view.

It was noted by F4Wonline.com that the Lesnar vs. Reigns main event of WWE Day 1 is just one of the matches in the series, which is planned to be a multi-match series between the two.

There’s no word on when the next Lesnar vs. Reigns match will take place after Day 1, but it could happen at the 2022 Royal Rumble pay-per-view on January 29 from The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis. Lesnar vs. Reigns is also expected to headline WrestleMania 38 from AT&T Stadium in Dallas on April 2 and 3. Depending on how many bouts are planned for this multi-match series between the two, WWE could have Lesnar win the 30-Man Royal Rumble Match in January, and then go on to challenge Reigns on The Grandest Stage of Them All. There are no pay-per-view events between The Rumble and WrestleMania.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

The funniest idea to me is that Bayley was ever good as a face and that her learning disability Napoleon dynamite character gimmick would have ever been over outside of that specific NXt audience at the time which was full of some of the dumbest fans around and it was like the same 300 morons weekly. The loving side pony tail and the adult baby gimmick like, it was way too lame for kids, and way too stupid for adults the only people who thought it would work were grown men who had bizarre confidence in what actual children might like, and they were extrenely wrong as she went to the main roster and died instantly. Now she’s one of the best workers and promos they have, thank god the Eugenette thing ended.

I was just getting back into wrestling around the time she got to the main roster and I could not understand why people liked this gimmick one bit.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can't believe a gimmick died just because they had a heel bury it six feet under

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Wasn't Nikki the Raw women's champion like literally 4 months ago?

She won the MITB Briefcase in a cluster gently caress finish where everyone else was sleeping at the end. Then won the championship with a cash in, and then then the story leading up to her one and only title defense where she lost was her getting beaten up by Rhea and Charlotte repeatedly, questioning if she could even win the match. And people wonder why they think she's a loser. Even the built up to Nikki winning MITB was this weird thing where she had Beat The Clock Matches against Charlotte/Rhea where she won by just... running out the clock.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nikki ASH is the worst gimmick ever

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I was just getting back into wrestling around the time she got to the main roster and I could not understand why people liked this gimmick one bit.

There was this weird thing where people looked at Bayley (even on SA) and went "She could be the female Cena!", but I think only based that on them both having colorful merchandise and going "Kids are going to love that, just like Cena!" and not because of, you know, actual popularity outside of Full Sail.

I think Bayley's gimmick is one that you need to see its rise to get behind the character, and that doesn't transplant itself onto the main roster well where a fraction of the audience saw it. It's very similar to American Alpha, where part of the charm was seeing Jason Jordan go through all these Tag Team partners until he finally clicked with Gable. Then you see them on Smackdown for the first time and it just seems like a rip off of The Worlds Greatest Tag Team.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Astro7x posted:

There was this weird thing where people looked at Bayley (even on SA) and went "She could be the female Cena!", but I think only based that on them both having colorful merchandise and going "Kids are going to love that, just like Cena!" and not because of, you know, actual popularity outside of Full Sail.

I think Bayley's gimmick is one that you need to see its rise to get behind the character, and that doesn't transplant itself onto the main roster well where a fraction of the audience saw it. It's very similar to American Alpha, where part of the charm was seeing Jason Jordan go through all these Tag Team partners until he finally clicked with Gable. Then you see them on Smackdown for the first time and it just seems like a rip off of The Worlds Greatest Tag Team.

Yeah the trick with Bayley in NXT was there was a very uncomfortable spot early on where folks were thinking "Oh dear, it's Eugene all over again", but the regularity of the crowd and the growing familiarity moved past that initial space and it became more about "The heart of a child", the sheer pure joy of life and experience and HUGS! Hugs are nice everyone should get a hug!

It was for a lot of people the second coming of Surfer Sting. Just pure white meat babyface fire, kid friendly but with enough intensity in the ring to be exciting for folks who like workrate. She even had the whole Sting gimmick of terrible taste in friends.

So it was less about "Gosh this colourful gimmick will work" and more "drat when they find the right program that showcases all of this Bayley is going to loving explode because there aren't enough wholesome face gimmicks", which of course ignored the fact that Vince doesn't know how to do wholesome and sees that as stuff to mock and bury (see Nikki ASH).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eugene, Kamala, Harlem Heat with the Colonel as their manager, the christmas monster...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Starting to think my prediction of 3 Roman/Brock matches in 2022 was underselling it

Not even the worst gimmick this year

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rarity posted:

We could be looking at a world where Kidd Bandit holds a World title :ohdear:

like jawwny isn’t going to put all the belts on Andrew Everett

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Renaissance Spam posted:

Vince doesn't know how to do wholesome

To Vince, wholesome is having Bayley go out there and cut that "I've always dreamed of being a WWE Supestar" promo where it looks like she's going to cry, because she's so happy to be in WWE.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1468253512404332546?s=20

Becky was right to win

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Renaissance Spam posted:

It was for a lot of people the second coming of Surfer Sting. Just pure white meat babyface fire, kid friendly but with enough intensity in the ring to be exciting for folks who like workrate. She even had the whole Sting gimmick of terrible taste in friends.

They were even telling that story, sort of, with Sasha helping Bayley get one over on conniving superheel Charlotte to win the title. But then they made Bayley sorta unlikeable because Sasha was cheating and Bayley was cool with it, then added Nia to the whole thing for some reason, then drew out the will-she-won't-she Sasha turn thing, and then switched Alexa over to RAW and.....well you know how that ends

They didn't give babyface Bayley time to breathe before moving onto another thing, then another thing, then another thing.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'd listen to a million Nikki "I am a loser failing in chasing her dreams, please like me" promos before hearing one word come out of Joe Gacy

e: sorry for double-post

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Drafting my Cumtown character stable...Nigerian Apollo, Eugene, Vito in a dress, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kerwin White and Glacier.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I doubt the WWE are paying her a whole lot, so why not relieve a bunch of dipshits out of their money in a way that doesn't gently caress her body up in the long run?

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
nfts are probably far more morally defensible than working for wwe so let liv morgan scam people

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NFTs suck!!!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I didnt know your name was NFTs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s not, du bass

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Is it Samus? cause it looks like u need an other M.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My name is Kefin Dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

no one loving wants this