Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

It's a single model :V

Looking at all the new Swampmuck (tm) Krullebois (tm) in the new 40k Ork release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/07/in-battletome-maggotkin-of-nurgle-the-diseased-rule-is-a-gift-that-just-keeps-on-giving

Maggotkin rules preview.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Kruleboyz are great and so are Ironjawz, but they absolutely look silly together in the same army when I see someone do a Big Waaagh list.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Maggotkin disease mechanic seems neat and fluffy, but also like it would add a ton of annoying bookkeeping.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, I hope you have some good tracking tokens.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I assume you can put a die as a counter and be done with it. The new Nurgle dice would be nice for this :discourse:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

On paper it sounds like the disease mechanic is just a slightly worse / more annoying form of the exploding 6s that other armies have, but it might be one of those things that sounds underwhelming until you see it in action - especially if there end up being ways to modify the rolls / boost disease points. I'm sure someone has cranked out all the math on it already though.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

On paper it sounds like the disease mechanic is just a slightly worse / more annoying form of the exploding 6s that other armies have, but it might be one of those things that sounds underwhelming until you see it in action - especially if there end up being ways to modify the rolls / boost disease points. I'm sure someone has cranked out all the math on it already though.

The trick is MWs on 6s are usually limited in who can do them. These are on every single Maggotkin attack, and might be combined with MWs on 6s for really nasty hits. Also, they've said there's spells that can place more disease points.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Talas posted:

I assume you can put a die as a counter and be done with it. The new Nurgle dice would be nice for this :discourse:

There's already so many friggin tokens and things to track with this game and trying to keep them all tracked and with the associated unit is a PITA.

Dice are also the most common thing to use for tracking multi-wound models and that's one more thing to mix with with eg: "was that dice the HP remaining/damage dealt or the current disease count?"

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

If it only happened on 6's to hit I'd agree but it's also happening in the movement and combat phase passively (with probably more ways to add tokens we're not aware of), which probably gives it an edge

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Mors Rattus posted:

The trick is MWs on 6s are usually limited in who can do them. These are on every single Maggotkin attack, and might be combined with MWs on 6s for really nasty hits. Also, they've said there's spells that can place more disease points.

I guess it's going to depend on whether or not the new book gives us an incentive to run anything except Blightkings and heroes. Before 3.0 that's all a typical mortals list ran and they had extra battalion rules for exploding 6s anyway that no longer exists. I really hope a mix of Blightkings and cavalry is good - it looks like the Glottkin is gonna be nuts at least, and the leaked details about the book sound like there's gonna be 3 new Maggotkin spells to play with.

Deified Data posted:

If it only happened on 6's to hit I'd agree but it's also happening in the movement and combat phase passively (with probably more ways to add tokens we're not aware of), which probably gives it an edge

Good point! Shame it sounds like they're losing the ridiculous movement shenanigans they could get up to with the Gnarlmaws. Most people completely underestimated how fast they could be, but I guess it doesn't really make much sense that a bunch of humongous bloated corpses could move like that.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 7, 2021

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Unit diversity is and has always been the single weakest part of Maggotkin.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah, was really hoping for a new battleline option. The new sorcerer model is great and was a needed update but it's kind of a bummer that there doesn't appear to be anything else in the pipeline.

As long as they actually make the units they do have good enough / synergistic enough to run together instead of being locked into choosing a flavor of spam list like last edition I'll be happy enough.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency
I think people are forgetting that these disease tokens stick around and it's all on top of any damage your guys are doling out. And it looks like most units across the board are getting DR and a ton of extra damage and attacks.

I think it's good and fluffy and can't wait to get my hands on this new tome.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

DrDraxium posted:

I think people are forgetting that these disease tokens stick around and it's all on top of any damage your guys are doling out. And it looks like most units across the board are getting DR and a ton of extra damage and attacks.

I think it's good and fluffy and can't wait to get my hands on this new tome.

Yeah I love the idea of the enemy killing off the last of a unit only to keep dying from them after they're gone.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Does Age of Sigmar have any Order-aligned gods that are particularly suited to setting up absurd elaborate pranks? I'm drafting an outline for a Soulbound campaign where the party is a Prank Patrol convened to just annoy various setting villains as much as possible.

I'm not a huge Warhammer lore expert, but my first instinct is Grungni. He's all about crafting. Maybe he wants to craft the perfect Chaos Dunk? The Kharadron airship civ that exists to mine aethergold Grungni farted into the atmosphere suggests that there might be a sillier side to the god I could play up.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Prince of Cats is a minor thief and afterlife god who might work, but there’s almost nothing on him besides him being a thief and named the Prince of Cats.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Prince_of_Cats

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Prince of Cats I think could work.
Edit: Beaten, I remember there being a bit more about him.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Thanks! Following that lead, it looks like there's a group of gods called the "lords of mischief", and the Prince of Cats is one of them. I'd better do a little digging.
EDIT: Looks like there is at least one novella that touches on them, Thieves' Paradise. Could probably use some of the flavor from Ranald, I remember he was a thief god that got used extensively in a Warhammer quest I read a couple years ago.

avoraciopoctules fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 8, 2021

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I know he's 40k and not Fantasy/AoS, but you could always just have Cegorach, the Laughing God causing mischief. Describe him as an almost forgotten God of a dead pantheon who survived by doing what he does best?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Honestly, the Realms are huge and just stuffed full of gods. Just make one up!

tankfish
May 31, 2013
I mean even though the old world is dead you could probably reskin Ranald as well.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Honestly, the Realms are huge and just stuffed full of gods. Just make one up!
And this is one of the many reasons why the AoS setting is great.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Double posting because a new videogame based on AoS is coming... at least it's not mobile-exclusive.

quote:

It is an era of war. The Mortal Realms have been despoiled. Ravaged by the followers of the Chaos Gods, they stand on the brink of destruction. Players will command the war hosts of the God-king Sigmar and his allies as they fight to reignite hope and bring order back to the realms. Each season, players will collect characters and enter new realms. Each character comes with unique options, stories and gameplay. Players will be able to customize their characters and work cooperatively to guide how sections of the Realms are retaken.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...-Age-of-Sigmar/

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Looks like it's some kind of MMO/gacha strategy RPG hybrid in the pitch?

This will be...interesting to watch, at least.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Nexon aren't bad at their job at least, so it might be a fun time waster.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
I've been playing the PvE Iron Maiden RPG mobile gacha etc. fucko-wizzo-ding-dang game lately, proving that I can stay entertained by virtually anything, so I'll probably check this out.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

On the video game front I would hope they would add more factions to Storm Ground since it is quite fun and true to text ( i.e. nighthaunt suck)

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Is Stormground patched to not be a buggy mess yet?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Last I played was around a month ago, and it was working fine, tho even earlier I was lucky enough to only encounter one serious bug. On the other hand, I was mentally prepared since it's from Focus, and they never released a working game.

Probably the funniest thing I've seen was in Mordheim - I'm playing witch hunters and the mission is to slay the manticore. Manticore used to take to the sky and then descend on your team. So up it went, and my team is still waiting for it. It has been two years

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/09/sow-the-seeds-of-nurgles-garden-with-the-maggotkins-new-path-to-glory-rules/

Path of Glory rules preview for the Sickly bois.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

From this, it seems like Contagion summoning rules won’t change too much. So that probably makes a Nurgle force one of the most overhead-heavy forces in 3e, with so many different things to track.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

From this, it seems like Contagion summoning rules won’t change too much. So that probably makes a Nurgle force one of the most overhead-heavy forces in 3e, with so many different things to track.

I would make a joke about GW confusing Nurgle with Tzeench, but isn't one of Nurgle's demon's minis literally a demon with a scroll and quill trying to keep track of what's going on?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The Plaguebearers and their derivatives have a whole thing going on with droning counting of various things.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah there's like a whole subset of tallymen and scriveners who are constantly pissed off because its impossible to track all the new diseases and plague victims that keep popping up and so they take it out on the plaguebearers who make counting mistakes by turning them into sloppity bilepipers.

They do use feathers stolen from a Lord of Change's tail to do their tallying, though!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

They do use feathers stolen from a Lord of Change's tail to do their tallying, though!

lmao, that's petty as gently caress. Nurgle rules.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Seems pretty rude honestly

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

Marin Karin posted:

lmao, that's petty as gently caress. Nurgle rules.
:hai:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Soulbound is now officially supported in Foundry
https://www.cubicle7games.com/product/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-foundry-module/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ossiarch Bonereapers next friday, weee