Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, cool. The guy who played translucent is playing vicious on Netflix's cowboy bebop.

drat he has some :stare: eyes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAT4oMEI5fw
"I hear you, and I am here for you."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
heh, they have a Mike Lindell

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
... bullet-proof backpacks...

Baron von der Loon fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 7, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Baron von der Loon posted:

... bullet-proof backpacks...

I am pretty sure those were an actual thing at some point.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

mcbexx posted:

There's also the clear backpacks, prison style, to check for mass shooting weapons.

America!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Has Cameron Coleman interacted with Homelander in the series, or in any of these not-Fox-segments? I can't decide which would be funnier, that his effusive... Appreciation of Homelander was his genuine opinion, or that he's putting on a cynical show and knows that Homelander is unhinged.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mcbexx posted:

They still are.

https://www.ar500armor.com/backpacks.html

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I love my children so I put Nij certified level IV plates in their backpacks, not AR500 dishpans.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Where the gently caress is season 3!!!!!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLsJSIzpWnM I guess this is a thing too. Don't have much faith in this but we see.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, they're making a The Boys cartoon now.

That's, uh, interesting.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Bust Rodd posted:

No season 3. The story will be concluded via monthly Vought News updates.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

christmas boots posted:

No season 3. The story will be concluded via monthly Vought News updates.

It'll be follower-only content on Twitter, though, and you have to sub to their Instagram as well to see all of the action scenes.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
decide who wins by drinking homelander mt dew, or butcher mt dew red. not available at all locations some restrictions apply

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Exclusive to Vought+ now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ho Ho Homeless charity gifts

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So, they're making a The Boys cartoon now.

That's, uh, interesting.

Isn't that just Invincible?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No, they have wildly different tones and themes, IMO.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

No, they have wildly different tones and themes, IMO.

Yeah they are superficially similar as "dark edgy superhero deconstructions" but The Boys is mostly political/social satire of "Bush/Trump/Militaristic Neoliberalism's America" while Invincible is a melodramatic violent twist on silver age supes, coming of age and daddy issues.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of edgy superhero cartoons, I thought Super Crooks was pretty good.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Owlbear Camus posted:

Yeah they are superficially similar as "dark edgy superhero deconstructions" but The Boys is mostly political/social satire of "Bush/Trump/Militaristic Neoliberalism's America" while Invincible is a melodramatic violent twist on silver age supes, coming of age and daddy issues.

Invicible is what if superman was a bad dad with a secret agenda?

The Boys is what if Superman had an insane Trumpian ego/megalomania plus abused his powers to just whack off on a building roof.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

Invicible is what if superman was a bad dad with a secret agenda?

The Boys is what if Superman had an insane Trumpian ego/megalomania plus abused his powers to just whack off on a building roof.

I see The Boys' premise as more like "what if capitalism had to cope with superheroes"

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

PostNouveau posted:

I see The Boys' premise as more like "what if capitalism had to cope with superheroes"

But also "what if superheroes had to cope with capitalism"

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

What if capitalism was superheroes.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Cpt_Obvious posted:

What if capitalism was superheroes.

What are you, a libertarian?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The superheroes are pretty much 1:1 analagous to movie star celebrities. My favorite scene is when somebody pitches their version of Justicie League with Hans Zimmer doing the soundtrack and hiring Lin Manuel Miranda to rap on it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I really hope that Coke coordinated with Amazon to make what could be one of the best product placements of all time.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/06/business/fresca-alcoholic-drink-launch/index.html

quote:

Coca-Cola is tapping into the canned cocktail craze with a boozy version of its Fresca soda.

In a partnership between Corona brewer Constellation Brands and Coke, the companies will launch Fresca Mixed, a spirit-based cocktail, later this year.
Fresca is the second non-alcoholic drink owned by Coke to be turned into a spiked version. In 2020, it successfully launched Topo Chico hard seltzer. Imagery and nutritional information for Fresca Mixed hasn't yet been released.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

It's been pushed back to Q1 2023.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Shooting Blanks posted:

lol

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Do you have a source for this?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
It's a joke, we're probably gonna get some news in the next day or two, to coincide with the last Vought News thang.

Edit: Which probably means a March release. Lines up with Amazon's usual schedule, awards season -- by which I mean the period shows are usually released if streaming platforms want them to do well in awards; it's when Atlanta and Barry are coming out as well -- and the return of Maisel, Amazon's other big missing in action show.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 7, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
^^^^ Holy poo poo they made more Atlanta???

They definitely are not releasing in January. I think that's all they've announced.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
June 3rd, apparently!

https://twitter.com/theboystv/status/1479490351102636035

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I don't know how else to put it:

I never seen someone act with their mouth face and eyeballs quite like Starr. Dude deserves a big pile of emmys for really selling a quality performance as something a lesser actor would just scenery chew artlessly: Evil Superman.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

June 3rd, apparently!

Hell yes :stoked:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Genuinely nervous to see how they manage to write around a villain who can make your head explode by thinking about you, nervous they might drop the ball, but I loved 1+2 so I have faith

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Genuinely nervous to see how they manage to write around a villain who can make your head explode by thinking about you, nervous they might drop the ball, but I loved 1+2 so I have faith

She has to be able to see you. She can't just think about someone on the other side of the planet and decorate their walls with some brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So she was hiding in the bushes when the CIA lady got Scanners’d? Did you they show us that? I may have missed it.