Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

This sucks for 2-shotters who can’t get boosted. The science behind the natural infection is I assume you are boosting a much more complete spike and varied expressions of the spike. When you get a third shot, I think the data shows that all the varied spikes your immune system created to train on (which it hasn’t been exposed to and could very well be mutations in Omi), get jacked the gently caress up.

So one would expect getting boosted to be at least some improvement, yknow, if you’re eligible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pillsburysoldier posted:

Titers and effectiveness arent in a linear relationship.

If that model from way back holds, it basically transforms pfizer pfrauds into JnJokers

Oh okay that's a lot better I suppose

pillsburysoldier posted:

And theres nothing there on boosted folks

Like 20% of vaxxed are actually getting boosted

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

navigation
Sep 30, 2009

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

for those wanting to read the paper its on the site but they have some dumb browser fingerprint running so it doesn't show for everyone:

https://secureservercdn.net/50.62.198.70/1mx.c5c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/MEDRXIV-2021-267417v1-Sigal.7z

yeah, a 7z link from a site that is acting like they are A/B testing whether or not to include links to their papers was not how I was expecting the initial drop on this to be delivered. for me the link shows up on my phone but not on a desktop.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Timestamped to the important part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keNibn55S7c&t=1170s

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Dog Case posted:

I saw that several other people in here ordered auras from industrial safety supply. Did it take a week for them to actually ship or is everybody in Florida finally dead

I orders two sets of twenty count and I had to threaten them to send the items. I opened a dispute with PayPal and emailed them saying I did so saying their scamming asses would be reported to BBB and 48 hours after that they showed up priority mail

channel your inner karen

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Dog Case posted:

I saw that several other people in here ordered auras from industrial safety supply. Did it take a week for them to actually ship or is everybody in Florida finally dead

Friend is in the same boat - they finally ordered some Auras around Thanksgiving. FWIW I've ordered from them before and it was prompt, but the tracking didn't update and one day box was on my doorstep

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

Lmao anyone that thinks omicron will shift anything. It will be business as usual.

So much death though.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

97.5% vaccine escape = this is at a minimum, a VOHC, realistically should be named covid-21 ?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
40x antibody reduction doesn't equate to 40x reduction in efficacy because it's not linear like that. But it doesn't loving matter cause it still means the current vaccines are basura

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The US is about to get massively owned by it's vaccine-only strategy.

Only the rich will get Pfizer's polymerase inhibitor.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hadlock posted:

Quoting for new page

just double checking, this is saying vaccines are pretty much useless against omicron but if you’ve had a previous infection AND vaccination you are still protected?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

man right here, it's the cspam covid thread, go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpfpYTmohAk&t=433s
this song goes really well while reading all the posts following it

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

i wonder if i can still get a versaflo lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Arivia posted:

just double checking, this is saying vaccines are pretty much useless against omicron but if you’ve had a previous infection AND vaccination you are still protected?

no one itt knows poo poo realistically but thats basically the best we can make of it right now yeah. the protection doesnt look to be great tho, but it is significantly better than a double shot.

also this likely isn't from immunity waning since most of SA has had their shots in the past 6months

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Iron Crowned posted:

Any good songs for our impending doom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv3zPG7w0e8

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I'm a dum dum but if the vaccine is only 2.5 effective, then doesn't that also mean that it would only give you a very very small edge against severe and death as well? If your b cells has to start all over creating brand new antibodies, then it's not like you would have an advantage.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I'm gonna get boosted again anyway, whatevs

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

icantfindaname posted:

Reality is dunking on everyone who thought this thread is too doom-pilled
yeah it's been funny to see
except that still no masks are on peoples faces and gently caress

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Arivia posted:

I think this means the spike protein has changed enough that your natural immunity is only going to be single digit percentage effective, similar to only vaccinated

I'm not an immunologist though

A lot of old people are going to die soon

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Hadlock posted:

I think this means the spike protein has changed enough that your natural immunity is only going to be single digit percentage effective, similar to only vaccinated

I'm not an immunologist though

A lot of old people are going to die soon

boomer remover returns

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
all you nerds were crying and rushing for the booster. I forgot like a real man and only just scheduled it like 2 weeks ago, before anybody even cared about omicron. now im going 2 get it 2-3 weeks before it executes delta and throws it in the dumpster. the 100% efficiency strat.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

NeonPunk posted:

I'm a dum dum but if the vaccine is only 2.5 effective, then doesn't that also mean that it would only give you a very very small edge against severe and death as well? If your b cells has to start all over creating brand new antibodies, then it's not like you would have an advantage.

the thread made up the 2.5% number, although effectiveness probably not great!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

don't worry it isn't a 40x fold decline that'd be absurd

https://twitter.com/DevanSinha/status/1468318948529741838
lmao

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
well I've done the math and it takes three maskless couples to turn a routine grocery re-up into a full-blown panic hoard buying

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

usps is in the holiday shipping season. they are moving an absolute fuckton of packages around the country.

scanning tracking information takes a back seat this time of year. sometimes packages will just not be scanned right up to before delivery.

just relax and enjoy the lmaos

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Tzen posted:

this song goes really well while reading all the posts following it

vibin', postin', doomin'

mildly

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
Recent lancet study on boosters said 30x increase in titers from booster this completely undoes that. Also says boosters are worth a 93% reduction in infection risk.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59489988

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thesaurus posted:

explain plz

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01377-8

I dont think it was this paper but one like it? Figure 1

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Homeless Friend posted:

all you nerds were crying and rushing for the booster. I forgot like a real man and only just scheduled it like 2 weeks ago, before anybody even cared about omicron. now im going 2 get it 2-3 weeks before it executes delta and throws it in the dumpster. the 100% efficiency strat.

I’m just excited that in order to get my booster earlier in my state I’ll be going to a state-run event that surely will not have hundred of people packed into a gymnasium or other such nonsense

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

for those wanting to read the paper its on the site but they have some dumb browser fingerprint running so it doesn't show for everyone:

https://secureservercdn.net/50.62.198.70/1mx.c5c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/MEDRXIV-2021-267417v1-Sigal.7z

From the last page

quote:

Days post-vaccination: 24 (10-33)

If they're averaging a range of 10-33 days post-second dose to 24, then the data is kind of hosed since anyone 10 days after the second dose still hasn't fully developed antibodies

EDIT: relevant pages -

McNugget Buddy fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 7, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You guys

The media messaging is non-stop "it's mild"

Now you combine that with "vaccines are 40x reduced (for titers or whatever)"

No one's going to get the booster lol

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Well that's not suspiciously specific wording for "good news" at all.

. . . yep.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
They don't want a panic, so they'll keep pushing the "mild" line right up until the refrigerated trailers show up at the hospitals again.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

And because of the non-stop chatter about it being mild, if any local state or national government in America tries to take action against it, we'll see the maga crews revolt against it

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Cloaked posted:

yeah, a 7z link from a site that is acting like they are A/B testing whether or not to include links to their papers was not how I was expecting the initial drop on this to be delivered. for me the link shows up on my phone but not on a desktop.
yeah i was very surprised that it wasn't malware, at least the sample i got. it is a very bizarre setup they've got

if you've wondering about delta figures relative to this ~40 fold drop here's two different people:
https://twitter.com/kevinpurcell/status/1468328965978820613
https://twitter.com/kallmemeg/status/1468332906040934417

very interested in what this turns into for escape % across the vaccination scenarios but that's weeks/months away outside of in the wild infection figures...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nothus posted:

They don't want a panic, so they'll keep pushing the "mild" line right up until the refrigerated trailers show up at the hospitals again.

yep, lol if you didn't order your tp last week

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
covid won :)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Thesaurus posted:

I'm gonna get boosted again anyway, whatevs

yeah this does not change my immediate planning

anything longer than that is apparently a fool's game, anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!

Dog Case posted:

mine came in about a week