Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
They're upset that art is undervalued in society, to the point where if you were to translate the amount of time artists spend working on art with the amount they're rewarded for it, the vast majority of artists would be making significantly less than minimum wage.

It's a reasonable thing to be upset about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

BattleMaster posted:

furries are probably the only fandom that is willing to pay what art is actually worth

This is it, it is a subculture that values art in a very traditional sense. If car people were also super into buying art that made tangible an image of what the wrecked 69' Mustang they were fixing up will look like one day we'd all be talking about how car people have tons of money for art.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Furries are also kind.

If titled nobility tries to take you in, it's 100% that they're going to hunt you for sport. Or they're vampires. (Probably both.)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

BattleMaster posted:

furries are probably the only fandom that is willing to pay what art is actually worth

Mmmhmm. I know Something Awful cut its teeth bashing furries, but come on, it's almost 2022. Its tiresome.

Somewhat related mini to stay on thread topic:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

PoptartsNinja posted:

They're upset that art is undervalued in society, to the point where if you were to translate the amount of time artists spend working on art with the amount they're rewarded for it, the vast majority of artists would be making significantly less than minimum wage.

It's a reasonable thing to be upset about.

Right but absolutely nobody in the thread is arguing against that, we all are in agreement that artists are underpaid and underappreciated, so there's no reason to get agro in the thread about it.

Anyhow, 3d printing patreon's are getting into the holiday spirit.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
What is this? A boat for ants?! How can we be expected to sailors to sail the boat... if they can't even fit inside the ship?"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Mmmhmm. I know Something Awful cut its teeth bashing furries, but come on, it's almost 2022. Its tiresome.

Some of you need better reading comprehension skills

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Agreed, I'm all for people that buy art.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Wrong thread for that, that's awesome.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The belly tattoo is technically impressive, but I'm not sure it works for the rest of the model.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

goatface posted:

technically impressive, but I'm not sure it works for the rest of the model.

this describes 95% of insanely well painted warhammer minis that are display only imo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ugleb posted:

I guess if you think about it anyone with a hobby gets labelled as weird for how much they spend on it by people with no interest in it.

If your experience of boardgames stops at Monopoly, you would struggle to believe how much I spent on Batman The Animated Series; Shadow of the Bat all-in.

To which I can only respond with 'it is a gorgeous pile of stuff I will spend many hours not only playing, but painting while giggling with nostalgic glee'. No, you're weird!

Truly the best Batman, and best Batman art style (I have the remastered blu-ray set :buddy:)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

goatface posted:

The belly tattoo is technically impressive, but I'm not sure it works for the rest of the model.

I think it fits and it brought a smile to my face when I realized what it said.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's a gangsta tat. I mean, it's cool and well done but whatever. That poo poo wouldn't heal well considering the owner lives in a swamp.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Remember that cute Russian animated kids' show Masha and the Bear about the little girl and her bear friend? Well here it is in 3d printable form, but with a, uh... twist!

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Goddammit.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

That one's actually inspired by a Canadian novel. Easy excuse to make.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Nah. Literally called "Masha and the Bear"

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/masha-and-the-bear

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

That was a humorous reference to the novel Bear, wherein the main character tries to gently caress the bear.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Google confirms that experienced bears in my area want to gently caress.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Remember that cute Russian animated kids' show Masha and the Bear about the little girl and her bear friend? Well here it is in 3d printable form, but with a, uh... twist!

Ah good I need to get more experience painting mattresses.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Could be worse. Could be inspired by Dick Cheney's chief of staff and his very weird novel.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/kingdom-death-monster-1-5

$420 lol

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I don't often regret clicking links, but god drat. Don't read the "Reception" part of the article if you value your sanity.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Yikes. Coupled with the fact I've heard it's not a particularly great dungeon crawler

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

w00tmonger posted:

Yikes. Coupled with the fact I've heard it's not a particularly great dungeon crawler

Seems decent enough from what I've seen, but there is a lot of repetition to the campaign. I suspect the issue is that some people find repeating scenarios tedious. Others are happy to grind.

Personally I think it's Hella expensive and there is too much not to my taste in it.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

moths posted:

"Suspiciously wealthy" doesn't have any particular connotations. I think everyone knows someone whose apparent wealth dramatically exceeds their income.

Suspiciously wealthy can be anything from "unexpectedly high paying job" to "low cost of living" or even "bad with money" and I'm sure we can all think of one or two people in each category.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Why is Santa proselytizing to the three wise-strippers? Presumably they're already onboard.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Oh cum on all ye faithful

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
That loving awful dunmer stripper

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

That loving awful dunmer stripper

Why walk when you can ride :wink:

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Wrr posted:

Why walk when you can ride :wink:

By the way... do you happen to know what the fine is here in Cyrodiil for necrophilia? Just asking.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

When I saw the lower one's face I thought I was looking at some sort of 3 goblins in a trenchcoat situation.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

grassy gnoll posted:

Why is Santa proselytizing to the three wise-strippers? Presumably they're already onboard.

Nah, this one is the prequel

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lemme guess, some fuckin' dumb loving pun about 'Hoe Hoe Hoes'?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Samovar posted:

Lemme guess, some fuckin' dumb loving pun about 'Hoe Hoe Hoes'?
I think it’s more a north poledancing pun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

This owns