Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Regarde Aduck posted:

Thats the one where they did nothing because the kids were basically homeless prostitutes right? And when it all came out they threw up a smoke screen of ‘well u know what muslims are like’ and no more was said about the police and the country got a little more racist

I don’t know about “homeless prostitute”, they were 11-16 ish from troubled homes and not always homeless. there was an incredible level of violence employed by the perpetrators that nobody seems to have gotten convicted of that unless im misreading the wiki page.

and yes the group was predominantly British-Asian and that fact was used as a reason not to go after them, but in hindsight that kinda seems more like a flimsy pretext to shield them rather than a legitimate concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sir Tonk posted:

did my man seriously show up for an underage date in his work shirt?

gotta represent to get that business expense write-off

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

did my man seriously show up for an underage date in his work shirt?

Pedos always want to demonstrate their power, he probably had a whole spiel prepared to explain it.

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/SimianJimmy/status/1467982055829082119

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RIP to Alec on his impending simultaneous shooting, hanging and drowning suicide

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://twitter.com/MarlonEttinger/status/1467977542993088512?t=szkH9owbnBoP-7ywYh94IQ&s=19

Is this what binders full of women means?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the cinematographer on Rust had just stumbled upon some evidence that would have led to the arrest of Hillary Clinton so they called in Alec

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Excelzior posted:

RIP to Alec on his impending simultaneous shooting, hanging and drowning suicide

oh my god, when he said "I didn't pull the trigger" he wasn't talking about killing that women on the set of Rust, he was talking about his own impending suicide!

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'm sure the prosecutions of all those people on those CDs is just around the corner

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Best Friends posted:

I'm sure the prosecutions of all those people on those CDs is just around the corner

I don't care, even if they did it'll be a slap on the wrist with maybe one taking the big fall. I just want it released so I can crackping into oblivion

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Best Friends posted:

or maybe they were CIA offsite backups that Epstein was storing

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I do not actually think the prosecution of the people on those CDs is around the corner

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

do we know the CDs have men/famous people/rapists/whoever on them? my sense it was all girls/women but idk if that was explicitly stated or not

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Crazypoops posted:

I don't care, even if they did it'll be a slap on the wrist with maybe one taking the big fall. I just want it released so I can crackping into oblivion

you want videos of sexual abuse to be released so you can watch them?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

do we know the CDs have men/famous people/rapists/whoever on them? my sense it was all girls/women but idk if that was explicitly stated or not

Initial rumors were that at least some were labeled “victim + third party”

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I think alot of us think that binder of cds was epsteins blackmail stuff, at least a part of it

edit: i mean i know this is obvious to most

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Listen, no one has said that the videos are of sexual abuse.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
those CDs have already been shredded

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Come on, it coulda just been normal snuff tapes to ensure silence

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Crazypoops posted:

you can be 100% sure that the only reason Ghislaine is in a court and not a bodybag is because every single copy of those tapes has been found and either destroyed, or moved to a secure storage locker in Mossad headquarters

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

is the alternative just "trust the justice system?"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

so they're going to ask what happened to those cds and who and what exactly was on them, and where they are now,, right

right?

lol, lmao

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

my bony fealty posted:

so they're going to ask what happened to those cds and who and what exactly was on them, and where they are now,, right

right?

lol, lmao

So in that binder you saw cds with pictures and names correct?

Yes

So where is that binder now?

What binder?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

my bony fealty posted:

right?

lol, lmao

on trueanon they said that a surprisingly large amount of multimedia evidence had been allowed by the defense

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
the poo poo with evidence stickers seems most alarming to me

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

right?

lol, lmao

The prosecution has an incentive to keep that out of the record, as it would play to a narrative that the rich and powerful men are responsible, not Ghislane. Also every level of the government, the judiciary included, exists to protect the rich and powerful. So not holding my breath.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

multistability posted:

Was he Special Branch by any chance? I've read that RUC Special Branch, along with MI5 and military intelligence, were not only aware of but were actually actively using the child abuse at Kincora to blackmail certain Loyalists (eg John McKeague), politicians etc to do... God knows what. Whole thing is so hosed up

He wasn't Special Branch. He started in the B Specials before moving to a fairly senior post in the RUC. He was a deeply unpleasant man who held many anti-Catholic beliefs, and was a harsh disciplinarian against my mum and her brothers.

But one thing he didn't tolerate was sexual abuse of children. From what I know, he became adjacent to the State abuse being carried out in Northern Ireland and tried on several occasions to alert the press, which never amounted to anything and got buried.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
https://people.com/style/brooke-shields-says-barbara-walters-interview-with-her-as-a-teen-was-practically-criminal/

Of course Ray Cohn’s “near fiancé” and close
friend to Woody Allen, Rupert Murdock, and Kissinger would endorse this poo poo.

Does Joy Behar still have a live call-in show?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol if the ghislaine trial account is some kind of op

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1468390958718930954

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

MonsieurChoc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75EpoF1W88

Fitting because Arthur C Clarke was a pedophile.

The Rama sequels have some pretty awful pedophile content in them and I used to think it was because of Clarke's lovely ghostwriter/"coauthor," like this creep took the old man for a ride perving out. But no, Clarke had it in him all along.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Remulak posted:

https://people.com/style/brooke-shields-says-barbara-walters-interview-with-her-as-a-teen-was-practically-criminal/

Of course Ray Cohn’s “near fiancé” and close
friend to Woody Allen, Rupert Murdock, and Kissinger would endorse this poo poo.

Does Joy Behar still have a live call-in show?

Walters didn't endorse it, she spent weeks on primetime television attacking it. You couldn't go a day without hearing her mention Calvin Klein.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

If?

I mean I hope it's a shot at real justice, but there's so many public figures in all countries implicated it's a loving bombshell intelligence-wise to just let this go uncontrolled somehow.

It wouldn't even have to be the parties implied who would benefit from this "going away."

I hope all the scum get what's coming, which is kinda the most hosed up thing about this case.

It's a class of crime that's too "big" to prosecute and people are loving barking at the moon about JFK Jr. being the secret president in response to a coordinated disinformation campaign surrounding it on multiple platforms.

Controlled opposition baby!

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 02:44 on Dec 8, 2021

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the twitter account true anon is tweeting lol take it easy

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Maxwell and Epstein are huge horrifying clusterfucks but leave it to weirdos to try to assume it is bigger than it already is (which is colossal).

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Jetto Jagga posted:

The Rama sequels have some pretty awful pedophile content in them and I used to think it was because of Clarke's lovely ghostwriter/"coauthor," like this creep took the old man for a ride perving out. But no, Clarke had it in him all along.

Reading up on Arthur c Clarke is wild, the British are really a cut above when it comes to being super predators

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/It+doesn%27t+do+any+harm+...most+of+the+damage+comes+from+fuss+made+by...-a060659502

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
What the loving Christ I’ve never seen that before holy goddamn poo poo that’s insane. Through to the 2000s someplace I thought the paedo poo poo on him was just homophobia, and I know I’m not the only one.

gently caress.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Remulak posted:

What the loving Christ I’ve never seen that before holy goddamn poo poo that’s insane. Through to the 2000s someplace I thought the paedo poo poo on him was just homophobia, and I know I’m not the only one.

gently caress.

Yeah, I only had it laid out to me recently too. loving sucks, considering how much Iiked his writing.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Remulak posted:

gently caress.

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, I only had it laid out to me recently too. loving sucks, considering how much Iiked his writing.

This is my exact same trajectory

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

quote:

Clarke is said to have attended parties at the tycoon's home. When asked if he had, Clarke replied: "I may well have done. I mean the very first man I met here in 1954 was a paedophile and made no bones about it. He was in intelligence in the army, a fantastic guy."

What's the tinfoil emoji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
fwiw that's the article that the sunday mirror dropped the day before clarke's knighthood, which he postponed, fought the charges, and got cleared by sri lankan police and an apology from the newspaper, after the mirror failed to produce an audio tape of the interview they claimed to have

either that's (a) a well-connected pedophile pulling strings to get his name cleared (but then why sit down and say those things in an interview in the first place?) or (b) an innocent gay man being smeared by a tabloid rag leaning hard into the gay=pedo conflation of the 80s and 90s (but there's still a bit of smoke around clarke iirc)

so who knows i guess. hosed up either way.