Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Infinitum posted:

Man Auspost shipping starting to get poo poo due to Christmas x Pandemic Shenanigans. Sent a Secret Santa via express post and got told it'd be there Tuesday... then got told it'd be Wednesday.. and yeaaahhh still nothing.

Yeah gently caress me that's a bunch all at once. Hope you got plenty of Yogos stocked up

Got pudding cups, choc milk and mousse stocked up for dayyyyyyyys.

Also shredded up a ton of turkey to go with mashed potatoes. All those years preparing modified diets for clients with swallowing problems is gonna pay off in spades lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Infinitum posted:

Man Auspost shipping starting to get poo poo due to Christmas x Pandemic Shenanigans. Sent a Secret Santa via express post and got told it'd be there Tuesday... then got told it'd be Wednesday.. and yeaaahhh still nothing.

Sendle have missed picking up packages from our place four days and counting lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How hosed is the AdBlue/urea situation?

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I was thinking it just meant higher emissions till it settled but it sounds like they'll lock down vehicles if it's not present. My diesel doesn't use it so I dunno.

Maybe someone can make something harmless to replace it with.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
heaps of contact locations popping up right now, Newtown, Enmore and Redfern. be careful out there.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Today I went out and got a small stockpile of n95(p2) masks and I suggest everyone else do the same. Especially since AZ seems to be by far the least effective against omicron.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Infinitum posted:

I just want everybody to know that I was just sold a ladder by a Max Radman

An actual name that exists

Well I bought one of these from his brother Min.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How hosed is the AdBlue/urea situation?

Did you know that 1 in 3 of us will need urea in our lifetime but only 1 in 30 people donate? And that every donation can treat up to 3 tanks full of diesel! In Australia, a new donor is needed every 5 minutes. If you’ve never donated urea before, or have not donated for a while, now’s the time to do it.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

44 cases from a trivia night at The Oxford, Petersham. Anyone in the Inner West better be very cautious.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Boo I stopped checking NSW Health twitter and now it looks like numbers are creeping up again.

All the unvaccinated cunts get their freedoms back on the 15th as well.

BOOOOO

Would love to have a Christmas where we're not either A.) On Fire or B.) Locked Down

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I wonder if the Victorian restrictions are still going to expire on the 12th.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Beetrooter tested +

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Today I went out and got a small stockpile of n95(p2) masks and I suggest everyone else do the same. Especially since AZ seems to be by far the least effective against omicron.

I did this a few months ago because I figured I'd be wearing them for the foreseeable future and didn't want to suddenly be unable to get them.

Infinitum posted:

Boo I stopped checking NSW Health twitter and now it looks like numbers are creeping up again.

It's more like surging than creeping.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 8, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Beetrooter tested +

You love to see it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

44 cases from a trivia night at The Oxford, Petersham. Anyone in the Inner West better be very cautious.

The Duke of Enmore on Saturday too.

this is living with Covid I suppose.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Laserface posted:

It's one of the most social times of the year, so it's to be expected. The good news is that people are getting tested. The bad news is that vaccinations have pretty much stalled for the last month or so.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Laserface posted:

Yeah, and a few bars around it, my mate works at Fortunate Son and I think he copped one.

Also some stores around Redfern.

I got pinged for Chemist Warehouse Newtown earlier this week but was just told to monitor symptoms.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

420 cases today

Haha

The sex number

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

nice

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Aware posted:

I was thinking it just meant higher emissions till it settled but it sounds like they'll lock down vehicles if it's not present. My diesel doesn't use it so I dunno.

Maybe someone can make something harmless to replace it with.

Yeah the vehicles are programmed to either not run at all or go into limp mode when there's no def. There will be ways to gently caress around and make them work properly without it but it comes with the possibility of massive fines. Plus it's not the type of thing any rando can just do, you'll need to know what you're doing.

ili fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 9, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Beetrooter tested +

Oh, pity.

That he's almost certainly vaccinated.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Bill Posters posted:

Why not both?

Can't be hosed at work but me and Mrs Posters have been Getting poo poo Done around the house in preparation for hosting her excessively large family at Christmas.

To be fair Mrs Spergo and myself achieved a lot around the house yesterday, she finished painting the bathroom and toilet, I finished this alcove in the kitchen (formerly a fridge space but ours won't fit) and hung some shelves in there

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Also I thought of this earlier but I had to make dinner so here it is: I quote the knee pads thing and say "I didn't know you lived at the dick sucking factory"

I was gonna post it myself but I decided to be the bigger man and let someone else say it lmao

Infinitum posted:

Auspost shipping Christmas x Pandemic Shenanigans.

I'm out of my NAC which is essentially a non medication anxiety reducing thing. I ordered a 3 month supply weeks ago and it was due 30/11-03/12. Still nothing.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Also went and got tested after the alert at Cronulla RSL and came back negative so at this stage we aren't cancelling our flights to Queensland

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lolie posted:

The bad news is that vaccinations have pretty much stalled for the last month or so.

NSW and Vic are at roughly 95% at least one jab, there was always going to be a number of hardcore anti-vaxxers but this is actually way lower than I was expecting

Gosh I guess the Murdoch press just gave them way more coverage than they deserved given their tiny tiny numbers, who woulda thunk it

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

NSW and Vic are at roughly 95% at least one jab, there was always going to be a number of hardcore anti-vaxxers but this is actually way lower than I was expecting

I was hoping we could give the ACT a run for their money. It bothers me that the campaign to get people boostered isn't more aggressive.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

A California man killed himself with a makeshift guillotine in an unusual and macabre case that resulted in the arrest of an alleged squatter who police say tampered with human remains.

Police believe Robert Enger built the contraption, which was 20ft in length and dropped a large metal spike down rather than a blade, at his Santa Rosa home as early as 2019, the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reported. Neighbors told the newspaper that Enger was friendly and an “unbelievable craftsman”, who also struggled with mental health problems for many years.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/08/human-skull-discovery-makeshift-guillotine

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

As long as Lockdown 3.0 doesn't happen before Spider-Man No Way Home I'm golden

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Gosh I guess the Murdoch press just gave them way more coverage than they deserved given their tiny tiny numbers, who woulda thunk it

Allegedly the LGA I'm in is 98.8%+ double vacc'd, so I'm super confident going out into my local community.

I'm still masked up, but it's relaxing to know everyone around me is doing the right thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lolie posted:

I did this a few months ago because I figured I'd be wearing them for the foreseeable future and didn't want to suddenly be unable to get them.

They're getting a lot harder to find, too.

I went to two Bunnings and three supermarkets before finally finding a box at Chemist Warehouse.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

New Zealand has announced it will outlaw smoking for the next generation, so that those who are aged 14 and under today will never be legally able to buy tobacco.

New legislation means the legal smoking age will increase every year, to create a smoke-free generation of New Zealanders, associate health minister Dr Ayesha Verrall said on Thursday.

“This is a historic day for the health of our people,” she said.

The government announced the rising age alongside other measures to make smoking unaffordable and inaccessible, to try to reach its goal of making the country entirely smoke-free within the next four years. Other measures include reducing the legal amount of nicotine in tobacco products to very low levels, cutting down the shops where cigarettes could legally be sold, and increasing funding to addiction services. The new laws will not restrict vape sales.

“We want to make sure young people never start smoking so we will make it an offence to sell or supply smoked tobacco products to new cohorts of youth. People aged 14 when the law comes into effect will never be able to legally purchase tobacco,” Verrall said.

New Zealand’s daily smoking rates have been dropping over time – down to 11.6% in 2018, from 18% a decade earlier. But smoking rates for Māori and Pacifika were far higher – 29% for Māori and 18% for Pasifika. “If nothing changes, it would be decades till Māori smoking rates fall below 5%,” Verrall said. She said eradicating smoking in the next four years was within reach: “I believe it is. In fact, we’re on track to for the New Zealand European population. The issue is, though, if we don’t change what we’re doing, we won’t make it for Maori – and that’s [what] the plan is really focused on”.

Smoking has already been widely replaced by vaping among teenage New Zealanders, and is also attracting many young people who would never have taken up smoking – according to surveying of 19,000 high school students this year, nearly 20% were vaping daily or several times a day, the majority with high nicotine doses. That’s compared to 3% of those aged 15-17 who smoked daily in 2018, or 13% who smoked a decade earlier.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/09/new-zealand-to-ban-smoking-for-next-generation-in-bid-to-outlaw-habit-by-2025

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's insane. Good job NZ

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

That's insane. Good job NZ

It's interesting that they aren't touching vaping.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

That is so loving metal.

Also, QLD 80% double vaxxed finally. Hopefully it continues trickling upwards to 90, but this is the big step.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Nam Taf posted:

That is so loving metal.

Also, QLD 80% double vaxxed finally. Hopefully it continues trickling upwards to 90, but this is the big step.

Yeah you guys are loving the dog when it comes to getting the jab. tbh I reckon it's likely a big part to do with the fact you've basically avoided any covid cases through the bulk of the state

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Hope everyone's got they washing in, another cell heading to Syd.

Spent the arvo doing pickup experiments on the cheap Warwick I bought a while back.

Fitted a vintage bassbucker in, was much louder than the MEC it came with (This model is renown for being quiet), but the tone was a bit meh and clunky.

Then, for the gently caress of it, I took it out and threw in a vintage Aria MB3 pickup. Which sounds AWESOME. But one of the coils isn't firing, so the two thick strings sound amazing and the two light strings barely get through.

So much disappointment in that.

So much.

*cracks beer

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Hope everyone's got they washing in, another cell heading to Syd.

Spent the arvo doing pickup experiments on the cheap Warwick I bought a while back.

Fitted a vintage bassbucker in, was much louder than the MEC it came with (This model is renown for being quiet), but the tone was a bit meh and clunky.

Then, for the gently caress of it, I took it out and threw in a vintage Aria MB3 pickup. Which sounds AWESOME. But one of the coils isn't firing, so the two thick strings sound amazing and the two light strings barely get through.

So much disappointment in that.

So much.

*cracks beer

Warwicks have always been quite nice erognomics wise but totally do not suit the aesthetic or tone I am after in my basses. Also LOL at the price of real warwicks.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

They have one of the most phallic designs of any guitar i've seen. Just a big old dong hanging off them.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Laserface posted:

Warwicks have always been quite nice erognomics wise but totally do not suit the aesthetic or tone I am after in my basses. Also LOL at the price of real warwicks.

This one is the cheapest german built one out there, precursor to the Rockbass range, so it's bolt-on and has a hi-mass bridge instead of the two-piece. But has a real nice ovangkol neck and the stain on the Carolena body is sweet. The pickup is pissweak tho, but TalkBass constantly suggests putting a 2-band preamp in, which I have (If I can fix it). If I still don't like it, I can probably make my money back on it.

Still bummed as gently caress that the Aria pickup didn't work, it would have been awesome.

BOO:

Caesar Saladin posted:

They have one of the most phallic designs of any guitar i've seen. Just a big old dong hanging off them.

That'd be the Corvette. Doyoyoyoing

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 9, 2021

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Laserface posted:

Was in jervis bay for a wedding and they had sun right up until "you may kiss the bride" and then the thunder clapped and the monsoon started. It was kinda sick.

Yeah this sounds :rock: as hell and a good omen.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I had the kacky handed rockbass equiv of that with jazz Active pickups in it. Was a good off the shelf lefty I didn't have to wait for but yeah wasn't much more to it than that.

Had the nice bridge your one has on it but pretty sure it was fairly ordinary wood, not nice stuff like the Warwick range.

Sold it to the bassist in Poisonus, the poison cover act. He had a fleet of them as they're great workhorses and again, an easy choice for leftys that need an affordable guitar that isn't a waiting list.

My mate has a 5 string Warwick Thumb and it's bloody lovely in terms of build quality and materials.

I'm searching for a cheapish guitar for home use, nothing much local though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

As a heads up there are Advance Screenings of Ghostbusters Afterlife this weekend if you don't want to wait until Jan 1.

Gonna go geek out tomorrow night.