Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm enjoying that Boris has to deny he knew about a party that happened in his own living room.

It's almost funnier if he's telling the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Grey Hunter posted:

Some health experts are saying to let it rip to supplant the much more deadly delta.

That seems loving insane based on the very limited data available so far.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Deketh posted:

Booster chat: Not had mine yet but the theme I'm getting is that it'll be worse than the initial shots. Not looking forward to that.

I had my booster last week and it seemed pretty much the same as the original vaccine shots, which for me was a sore arm and maybe feeling 95% instead of a baseline 100%.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Deketh posted:

I'd say keep on posting friend, yes there's been a lot of doomposting but life is rough these days and people need to vent sometimes. Maybe spoiler tags and trigger warnings from people could be useful.
Just don't want you to feel like you're alone while you're in a bad place.

Booster chat: Not had mine yet but the theme I'm getting is that it'll be worse than the initial shots. Not looking forward to that.

Booster didn't touch me really

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Comrade Fakename posted:

I had my booster last week and it seemed pretty much the same as the original vaccine shots, which for me was a sore arm and maybe feeling 95% instead of a baseline 100%.

Oh ok, that was fairly similar to my experience too with the initials. Guess I'll find out soon(ish)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ThomasPaine posted:

Booster didn't touch me really

Yeah the first one wrecked me and the second gave me a bit of bother but the booster was absolutely fine.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

peanut- posted:

I'm enjoying that Boris has to deny he knew about a party that happened in his own living room.

It's almost funnier if he's telling the truth.

Maybe they happened when he disappeared from the country to have a holiday in someone who bribed him's holiday home.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1468555887975489540

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1468561258572095490

e: vvv yeah, that'll teach me to refresh before posting

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 8, 2021

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I mean that's just a paraphrase of Cummo's tweet right?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TheRat posted:

That seems loving insane based on the very limited data available so far.
Some health experts are loving insane.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It really says something about the effectiveness of a British Inquiry when the Prime Minister is using them to investigate a party he had in his own house.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
After all the poo poo Boris has pulled even this year, If it's a Christmas party that makes him resign I'm moving to somewhere the politics makes more sense. Like North Korea or something.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol johnson will not resign over this he is too arrogant to let something like this make him bow out in failure

the only way you can make him stop being PM is to vote him out, and even then he might see if Britain can do a Jan 6 using the pasty racist thumbs that love him unconditionally

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
I'm not sure anything could make these fuckers resign anymore. This should unfailingly be enough to take down a government. We're too far down a lovely road for that now, it seems

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Yeah Johnson will never resign, he'll be forced out in 2022 after a moralist crusade by Christian fundamentalist wing of the party (we haven't had that particular flavour of Tory in a while). Paving the way for a new leader, the intellectual powerhouse Nadine Dorries, and the nations new head of year Andrea Leadsom as home secretary.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

To be honest I would quite like to see our thumbs attempt a Jan 6th because they will just get kettled on the green outside and eventually start beating each other up.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Deketh posted:

Possibly depends on which booster you get. I had AZ for the original vaccine and the first one of those was rough. I had the Moderna booster last week and it gave me a headache and made me feel sore and sick but it wasn't nearly as bad as the first AZ.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Pity the hack at The Spectator forced to go into bat for his boss’s wife

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1468558381438930951

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

To be honest I would quite like to see our thumbs attempt a Jan 6th because they will just get kettled on the green outside and eventually start beating each other up.

Schrodinger's Thumb, both inside the kettle and forming it at the same time.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

It's thumbs all the way down.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
But which complete oval office would they be chanting to hang (for the wrong reasons)?

Given all the far worse things they could have been chanting I did enjoy "Hang Mike Pence" a little.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

smellmycheese posted:

Pity the hack at The Spectator forced to go into bat for his boss’s wife

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1468558381438930951

I love these little reminders of just how incestuous our media-political culture is.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Shyrka posted:

I love these little reminders of just how incestuous our media-political culture is.

Did the fact that one of the journalists most fawning over the prime minister is his wife's former husband not drive it home enough.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ThomasPaine posted:

This applies both ways

Agreed, but I'm more concerned by the picomolar affinity between omicronSARS-Cov2::ACE2 than the SA infection numbers tbh

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

"I was unaware of the, uhh... gathering that took place in my, in my flat because I actually spent the, ah, entire evening in my bedroom uhhh.... listening to *checks notes* Adele with my headphones on."

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
He'll never wriggle his way out of this one!

Ah well, nevertheless.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Any idea when bozza will announce new restrictions? Normally 5pm isn't it?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/ShehabKhan/status/1468575693235707904?s=20

lmao

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

The SW1 hive mind. The Islington set. The North London elites. its like a shite knockoff of gangs of new york

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

crispix posted:

nostalgic for old tereezer's weekly VONCs and going on television to have a shout at the nation with her warbly voice like a temporary teacher atop the precipice of a nervous breakdown

I miss the happy days of regular Important Speeches On Brexit that said absolutely nothing at all and just pissed off the EU more

keep punching joe posted:

Yeah Johnson will never resign, he'll be forced out in 2022 after a moralist crusade by Christian fundamentalist wing of the party (we haven't had that particular flavour of Tory in a while). Paving the way for a new leader, the intellectual powerhouse Nadine Dorries, and the nations new head of year Andrea Leadsom as home secretary.

The tory leaders seem to be following a trend of "somehow worse than the last ghoul but still able to get elected" so this tracks

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Private Speech posted:

Did the fact that one of the journalists most fawning over the prime minister is his wife's former husband not drive it home enough.

Rumours are that Old Cuck Cole was at the party

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

sebzilla posted:

"I was unaware of the, uhh... gathering that took place in my, in my flat because I actually spent the, ah, entire evening in my bedroom uhhh.... "
...making models of buses out of empty wine boxes, painting them and putting little passengers in.

I just remembered yesterday that he said that & this seemed like a good opportunity to remind everyone.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Has anyone seen one of Johnson's bus models, does he have an Etsy store?

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Borrovan posted:

...making models of buses out of empty wine boxes, painting them and putting little passengers in.

I just remembered yesterday that he said that & this seemed like a good opportunity to remind everyone.

This is actually an example of how his 'bumbling' persona is a pure manipulative act, there was some kind of problem/scandal with the buses in London while he was mayor and that story completely gummed up search results if anyone were to google for it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Shyrka posted:

This is actually an example of how his 'bumbling' persona is a pure manipulative act, there was some kind of problem/scandal with the buses in London while he was mayor and that story completely gummed up search results if anyone were to google for it.

I thought it had more to do with the brexit promise of £350m per week for the NHS written on the side of a bus

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1468580981867257858

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

I thought he was just a dipshit & any collateral advantage was purely coincidental :shrug:

keep punching joe posted:

Has anyone seen one of Johnson's bus models, does he have an Etsy store?
Well I think we can shortly expect a list of people who've been round his flat if you want to ask anyone

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
loving parody government

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1468572366590599170

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Attempts to parody the government keep getting overtaken by the real government in more absurd ways than the parody can attempt

https://twitter.com/BBCLauraKT/status/1468510304086765571

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/RespectIsVital/status/1468525121468084227

No need to get the police involved, says a man who once ran over a deliveroo driver pished.

:qq: The prime minister lied to me. :qq:

Johnson lies about as often as he draws breath and everybody knows it, going after him for that is pointless. If the LOTO wanted to actually oppose maybe he'd try attacking the PM on what people care about : the illegal party he was having while they weren't allowed to see their loved ones for a year or more and all the Tories laughing at them for it.

If this is what finally turns people against the government then I guess good, but it's also so loving stupid. If you didn't already realise that the Tories had nothing but contempt for you and would laugh while you died as long as they could continue to live it up then how are you even getting this news in your hermetically sealed box under a rock?