Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

drat, day 1 purchase confirmed.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Ofaloaf truly doing us proud.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
HoI4's newest patch has prototype on-map choo choos and dynamic on-map railway lines.

Also alt Germanies have been a Vicky staple since 1. Liberal 1848, conservative reactionary 1848, Habsburg Grossdeutschland, Habsburgs but with the rest of the Empire autonomous or free, NGF and SGF surviving to end game, Paradox players fuckin love Germany.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
we love our gutter crown.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
The tiny German countries are all pointless except Luxembourg, the true restorer of the Frankish empire

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This game seems custom made for the extreme left train fan community.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Baronjutter posted:

This game seems custom made for the extreme left train fan community.

Communist Railroad Tycoons is a good gang tag.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

DrSunshine posted:

Communist Railroad Tycoons Members of the Something Awful Railroad Workers' Syndicate, Games Chapter, 1836 Congress is a good gang tag.

Dorstein
Dec 8, 2000
GIP VSO

Pyromancer posted:

The tiny German countries are all pointless except Luxembourg, the true restorer of the Frankish empire

Germany with French accepted culture. Imagine.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Communist Railroad Members of the Something Awful Railroad Workers' Syndicate, Games Chapter, 1836 Congress is a good gang tag.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

1836 Chapter? That's revisionist bullshit!!!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Victorians - smoking pipes and getting railed

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

1836 Chapter? That's revisionist bullshit!!!

Leftist infighting strikes again.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

BORN IN TRAIN
MONARCH IS A gently caress
SA Local 1917
I am railwayman
410,757,864,530 DEAD BOUGIES

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
hosed up to ask train enthusiasts to have people skills.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

most train enthusiasts have better people skills than paradox players, tbf.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Wouldn't all of the micro now be going into nation and economic management anyway? Presumably a skilled player running a smaller country could beat a larger country through wealth + political stability + technology, since I think those influence stuff like army size, effectiveness, and how long you can have troops enlisted and deployed without running out of money or upsetting your population.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Also if you manage to blackmail a bunch of big players one after another through basically signalling that you are willing to completely suicide your country to inconvenience them just enough that they'll fall behind other major powers but can be appeased through a small concession by the major power in some (for them) backwater part of their huge empire. Add some of those together and now maybe you are a medium-sized power and can begin to take on more serious endeavors.

Someone might call your bluff ofcourse at which point probably your game is about to end but eh what can you do?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

yeah that’s the coolest poo poo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Orange Devil posted:

Also if you manage to blackmail a bunch of big players one after another through basically signalling that you are willing to completely suicide your country to inconvenience them just enough that they'll fall behind other major powers but can be appeased through a small concession by the major power in some (for them) backwater part of their huge empire. Add some of those together and now maybe you are a medium-sized power and can begin to take on more serious endeavors.

Someone might call your bluff ofcourse at which point probably your game is about to end but eh what can you do?

The Paraguay strat.

And while it did horrifically lose by the end, historical Paraguay did manage to fend of Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina for six years when the shooting started, and got to play end even expand its borders up to 1936. Seems like some player skill there if you recreate that war.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/PDXVictoria/status/1468600790352805894?s=20

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Touch grass
-Paradox Games

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hell yeah get fuckd aggies

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Just model universities as credential factories.

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018
suffering militancy and revolts cause my consent manufactory ran out of paper

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Eternal reminder that the series starts in 36 rather than 37 purely because Johan is a yeehawboo and wanted the Alamo and San Jacinto in the game.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like their production method of "no thinking men!!"

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

hell yeah get fuckd aggies

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Victoria 3: luv me train, luv me factroy, luv me opium, simple as

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

You could also just ask "I just need Kuwait to make it through the month, just until the next check clears" You don't need to be an scheming idiot, just an annoying one.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Orange Devil posted:

The Serbia gambit

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

https://twitter.com/PDXVictoria/status/1468991330021826565?s=20

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
It looks good. Not really exciting, but Paradox tech systems never really have been. I'll miss inventions a bit though

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

As long as my hardworking scientists can still invent terrorism.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
It's not a big deal, but 'inventing rifling = produce more guns' sure does read weird.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They mentioned in an earlier DD that quality of arms is being abstracted with increases in quantity. Which is a little weird but still more detailed than V2 where small arms remained the same the whole game.

obssesednuker
Aug 5, 2014

Bokoen1’s Victoria 3 streams will be absolutely AMAZING...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm very excited about the upcoming info on flags. It was one of my favorite parts of Vic2