Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
in a wildly misguided effort to extirpate racism people keep coming up with ideas that are more racist than the ones racists come up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:stare:

First half of this week's TAZ had me on the edge of my seat, holy moley

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
After reading about all of the fans' parasocial boundary problems the McElorys' run into (and honestly profit from), I have come to the honest conclusion that the way the Action Boyz handle the same thing is the best solution:

1. Constantly berate your audience
2. Want nothing to do with them including zero interaction
3. Mock and troll them mercilessly when they post stupid poo poo

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

oh no I'm actually watching this what the gently caress

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

jeeves posted:

After reading about all of the fans' parasocial boundary problems the McElorys' run into (and honestly profit from), I have come to the honest conclusion that the way the Action Boyz handle the same thing is the best solution:

Gabrus in general seems to be lowkey the best podcaster to handle this poo poo. Any live show he's on with guys like Doughboys who have a more playful and 'close' interaction with the audience always winds up with him saying 'hey morons settle down we're just idiots talking about Taco Bell, neither party's opinion here means anything' and it's always a delight.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

flavor.flv posted:

The movie's so loving bad I have to watch it in like 15 minute bursts every now and then, even with the commentary.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Here’s the thing about Paul Blart 2… like, it’s drat bad… but it’s not AS bad as you’d think it’d be

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

flavor.flv posted:

I watched it earlier. The best part is when Griffin talks over “Big Sticky Mess” while warning the others not to talk over that part.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Zero One posted:

I watched it earlier. The best part is when Griffin talks over “Big Sticky Mess” while warning the others not to talk over that part.

This is the only part I've ever watched. I won't even watch the banana scene, I want my mind's eye impression of it to remain fixed in amber.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

jeeves posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMNmIOH6sI4

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

more falafel please posted:

This is the only part I've ever watched. I won't even watch the banana scene, I want my mind's eye impression of it to remain fixed in amber.

Yeah the banana wasn't as good as I expected. Maybe it's better without the commentary?

The bird fight was A++ though.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

McElroys go on cumtown

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Previa_fun posted:

McElroys go on cumtown

Jessie would get so many letters

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

something... appears to be happening with griffin on youtube

(it's ohko lttp randomizer)

eke out fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 8, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

eke out posted:

something... appears to be happening with griffin on youtube

(it's ohko lttp randomizer)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrw5oRkxsCA

really enjoyed this, against all odds

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Good news for Justin

https://twitter.com/tmz/status/1469075241326551049?s=21

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

weird that one of the cruise stops is Little St. James Island though

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Didn't jimmy poo poo the gently caress all over floating hotels on MBMBAM?

Not that I don't expect hypocrisy from anyone, just always annoyed.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

weird that one of the cruise stops is Little St. James Island though

Well way down South where the air gets hot
There's an island retreat
Hiding preteen thots
And a real famous cat who died in his cell
And if heaven exists then I hope he’s in hell

It's the little Saint James (little Saint James)
It's the little Saint James (little Saint James)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ok Comboomer posted:

preteen thots

I get what you were shooting for, but Christ that is an uncomfortable pairing of words.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

I get what you were shooting for, but Christ that is an uncomfortable pairing of words.

It really is. It’s my least favorite part by far. I’m open to suggestions

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Coulda just not posted it, scooter

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
It’s ok, not everyone can be funny

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

It’s ok, not everyone can be funny

you’re right, some of us have to be Travis

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Found Travis.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

jeeves posted:

I've realized over time that all my favorite online entertainers do this

large groups of people will inevitably have people acting in stupid and bizarre ways and you just need to tell them to gently caress off sometimes to keep them as a whole in check

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It seems to me that the worst thing you could possibly do is say something like "we have the best fans!"

It will only encourage the creepiest ones to double down on the creepiness because they think you've seen them and are encouraging it, and it will make the rest feel entitled

Saying you have the worst fans, now that's productive. Gives the creeps a wake up call and encourages the rest to do better

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol this D&D character existential crisis is such a weird way to open an episode

"Is this all there is?!?!?"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Live show for today's MBMBaM. Good open, imo.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the Rude Tales cast called Patreon members "piss pigs" for a couple weeks

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

PostNouveau posted:

lol this D&D character existential crisis is such a weird way to open an episode

"Is this all there is?!?!?"

That was a weird segment because Devo was doing a really bad job of getting his point across. I don't think it was intentional, Devo is supposed to be a really good orator, I think maybe Travis just didn't practice what he was going to say before he said it.

I think he has a decent point though. It's very obvious that the three players made their characters without taking into account the fact that their group would be solely responsible for piloting and maintaining a ship. None of them have ever done either of those things before. I'm not sure whether Griffin failed to let them in on the fact that those skills would be relevant or if the players failed to account for that in their character creation, but it has lead to some awkward moments. Devo has fallen comfortably into the pilot role, but so far whenever something bad happens to the engines, they just sort of flounder around for a while. Griffin seems to be angling toward making Urchin the ship's mechanic, but it makes sense to me that Devo would want to add another person to the crew A) because they keep almost dying and that is scary and B) so that they have someone onboard who actually knows things about ships and can be called upon to do something when those skills are required.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So how long until we have a Death Blart episode that is just a table read of the script of the movie?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Warbird posted:

So how long until we have a Death Blart episode that is just a table read of the script of the movie?

can’t wait for the 20th Death Blart: We Actually Got Kevin James To Come On

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
NGL I kinda think Kevin James would be into it, considering how much of his career has been mean to himself.

"You're supposed to hate Paul!"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ariong posted:

they just sort of flounder around

:razz:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

can’t wait for the 20th Death Blart: We Actually Got Kevin James To Come On

That was the second half of the post I omitted. One year he's just going to be in there and they're going to act like it was always the case.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
if Patton Oswalt can fly to the bleak Midwest and hang out with the RLM guys and Bullseye can get David Byrne within like a week of JJGo featuring one half of TMBG then Kevin James could certainly one day deign to pod with the “they were in Trolls 2” McElroys

maybe not now, but give it a decade

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The McElroy Brothers (and a couple kiwis) Will Be In Paul Blart Mall Cop 3.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

A guest spot on death blart feels a bit like watching the tape from The Ring, like you’re unwittingly entering into a dark pact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Warbird posted:

That was the second half of the post I omitted. One year he's just going to be in there and they're going to act like it was always the case.

No one year he's gonna be there and they're just gonna act like it's the movie playing in the background.