Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

cr0y posted:

Assuming the Delta case was actually and truly mild (a couple of my friends had breakthroughs that were the equivalent of 48 hours of allergies) you probably are actually better positioned to fight off omicron.

Like what's his face from TWiV saying we can just boost by being exposed, I mean ya sorta, if you get just the right kind of exposure and a resulting case that doesn't do physical damage to you, but that's uhhh....tricky.

sadly my wife's case was 'mild' which meant tons of fatigue and temperature regulation for over a week, and shes still not recovered fatigue wise. so maybe shes a bit better positioned vs omicron than me but i doubt it

on the plus side the regeneron she (and my brother in law earlier) got to take was helpful as opposed to being a waste going forward

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Booster provides significant protection.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

i dont think this is really surprising considering the stories with the attack rate of over 50% for a few hour long parties

navigation
Sep 30, 2009
i would like to get off mr covid’s wild ride

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Dolphin posted:

can someone give me a rundown on omicron, i keep hearing crazy poo poo

like it's potentially similar to hiv? do we have any info on how deadly it is yet? is there any info at all or just more "mildsauce"

Look at what we did to this poor soul, guys.

TLDR: so far it's a variant with what appears to be a transmission that is at least several times faster than Delta and a substantial amount of evasion from the existing vaccines (get boosted with an mRNA if you can). The HIV thing is a theory circulating that this variant specifically evolved in an HIV infected person and due to their weakened immune system the virus had endless opportunities to evolve as much as it did before it hopped the next host. *This one* is not airborne HIV.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

god I hate this person so much

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
my dentist, which has been so busy i'm way overdue to see them, has informed me that i can come in next week. lol

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Louisgod posted:

god I hate this person so much

turn your monitor on, sir

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"cautious optimism" the patient says gleefully is what the palliative care nurse told him

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

mdemone posted:

god loving damnit

why do they call these things "forecasts"

gently caress gently caress gently caress

the CDC will have a better December forecast in 6-8 weeks, please be patient.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Have there been any papers linking Autism to the furry thing? It seems like this would be a great case study.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

my dentist, which has been so busy i'm way overdue to see them, has informed me that i can come in next week. lol

probably the safest chance to do it over the next 3 months

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/florian_krammer/status/1468404120746876928
good news everyone, we can get through this if humanity works together and we offer support to one another

ah gently caress

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I remember when Fauci said we might only need a 15 day lockdown to beat covid

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1468362392388218894?s=20
https://twitter.com/brownstoneinst/status/1468595240567296009?s=20

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

cr0y posted:

Assuming the Delta case was actually and truly mild (a couple of my friends had breakthroughs that were the equivalent of 48 hours of allergies) you probably are actually better positioned to fight off omicron.

Like what's his face from TWiV saying we can just boost by being exposed, I mean ya sorta, if you get just the right kind of exposure and a resulting case that doesn't do physical damage to you, but that's uhhh....tricky.

in Arnold’s voice” oh not again! i don’t want the roni this time!”

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mastershakeman posted:

sadly my wife's case was 'mild'

I thought she was the one that wanted you dead, not the other way around.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

They already loving control you, morons! They never haven't!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/florian_krammer/status/1468404120746876928
good news everyone, we can get through this if humanity works together and we offer support to one another

ah gently caress

we are all national guard now

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

come on you sars

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1468608795593084933

edit: deleted

Mr. Pizza fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 8, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
What happened with that one goons boyfriend who had a long stint with covid earlier this fall? Is he doing any better?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

sonatinas posted:

come on you sars

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nothing against furries by why is this one furry being treated like an expert on COVID?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

PostNouveau posted:

I remember when Fauci said we might only need a 15 day lockdown to beat covid

'2 weeks to flatten the curve'
everyone: won't it just go back up afterwards
'dont challenge the experts who are Science'

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

we're flatting the curve of population growth :woop:

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
If you get COVID from a furry, does it count as animal-to-human transmission?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

If we can't figure out a strategy to get our immune system to stop forgetting about covid every couple months then this is life now and we just get wrecked by wave after wave after wave until well....we're all dead. There's no workable strategy to deploying 7 billion vaccines globally every couple of months.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Covok posted:

Nothing against furries by why is this one furry being treated like an expert on COVID?

she says the things people want to hear

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
got my fourth shot and once again felt absolute nothing, am i stronger than every single person here or is my blood broken

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

helsabot posted:

got my fourth shot and once again felt absolute nothing, am i stronger than every single person here or is my blood broken

What was your series? I'm pondering my 4th right now, I'm triple Pfizer and had no issues with them and want to add moderna but am a pussy.

I want an attenuated 4th :argh:

cr0y fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 8, 2021

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Lawlicaust posted:

At work, on a team of ~40, I and one of my associates are the only people who have not tested positive or gotten very sick and refused to test.

Socially, maybe 5 out of 30 people I used to regularly hang out with have not tested positive.

In my family, my parents and one of my brothers has not caught it. Most of my dad’s side of the family who live in bumfuck nowhere (who we don’t talk with because chuds + horrible) died from it or became disabled.

When I was a kid, we used to do family reunions with my mom’s side of the family. My great grandmother was one of 7 children and there were lots of cousins we saw regularly. Many of them are dead now. A lot of them lived in Little Rock and it spread around several of the families. In one cousins family it got the grandfather (80ish), the dad/mom (50s) and the kids (30s). I hadn’t seen any of these people in decades but when I was talking with my grandmother the other day, she casually mentioned them all dying last year/this year.

It’s loving everywhere and everyone is getting it. Omicron is going to be worse.

This poo poo is crazy to me, because it's not my experience with my chud family. My family has all gotten vaxxed and boosted, except for my idiot younger brother, with my grandmother going so far as to not let my brother come visit her in her retirement community until he gets vaxxed. They still consume Fox news and call it the China-virus and all that, but every time we've discussed vaccines they've been supportive and always end up talking about it's just like when they got the polio vaccine. I had a realization that they are making this comparison because I had a great-uncle who caught polio as a child and was severely disabled his entire life, and that obviously had a massive impact on everyone in the family. They were grateful to get their sugar cubes in the 50s or whatever, and are grateful to get their covid shots in the present day. Biden is still a communist, though.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

helsabot posted:

either means nothing or your immune system doesn't work. probably nothing though

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

helsabot posted:

The pharmacy you go to is run by evangelicals who are secretly dosing people with placebo vaccines for Jesus. You know, just how they do with fake birth control and morning after pills! You're going to get bad rona soon and die.

:(

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

COVID is Death Process

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

sonatinas posted:

come on you sars

*delirious with omicron, trying to dock my face onto a spinning elastomeric*

come on SARS!

Serf
May 5, 2011

helsabot posted:

i got a headache after my 4th but that might have been the flu shot i got at the same time. never had any reaction to the other 3 shots i got

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Are you guys running bets on the USAs estimated death count on March 21st?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

they were dishing out a lot of "insider information" and "layman's explanations" of how vaccines worked when they were new, and how effective they were, and they've parlayed that into a following

this is not to say that the information they're privy to is false, but rather that they take an exceedingly optimistic view and framing of the data, that can ultimately be harmful public messaging