Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

tired: reminding people about initial masking guidelines being insanely wrong and destroying public trust
wired: telling them that the vaccine-only strategy was never viable to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Saw my doctor. Handed over my vaccine card, asked for a booster. "We have Pfizer and Moderna-- I see you have two Pfizer, do you want to stick with that?"

"I'll take whatever you recommend."

"I'm giving you Moderna." We spent five of my 15 minutes talking about how badly the CDC and the government have dropped the ball on the pandemic.

One monster batch of chills in the middle of the night, a sore arm, and nothing much else. Riding the snake hasn't been that bad.

FIRE UP THAT LOUD
ANOTHER ROUND OF SHOTS
OMICRON FOR WHAT

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
First person to die from MFF is going to be a real crack ping for a lot of people

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

dim sum with a side of omicron LMFAO

https://twitter.com/FloofyRainer/status/1467197829768749057

EVERYTHING IS SO STUPID

WHY ARE WE HAVING EVENTS IN A loving PANDEMIC???

gently caress, I miss Korean barbecue.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Nastier Nate posted:

What’s the Greek letter after Omicron? Cause that’s what we’re gonna be worrying about by the time the omicron vax is out

My quick googling indicates it's Pi, but they'll never use it, so Rho

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Paradoxish posted:

First person to die from MFF is going to be a real crack ping for a lot of people

I dunno, there are far worse ways to go than a heart attack while doing two chicks at the same time.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Korean Boomhauer posted:

it sucks rear end theres no real trusted health authorities you can point at and use as a source to not host events becuase they are more or less trying to keep number happy, so you have to listen to actual scientific types on twitter, but trying to explain to people that someone on twitter said "better safe than sorry" makes you sound like a crank and you'll just end up hearing stuff like "but the cdc says not to wear masks" or whatever.
this dynamic exists right now between me/wife and the rest of our families, who want us to join the giant multigenerational party this year (that didn't happen last year)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1468620846172454915

Pfizer is literally going to wait two months to see if Omicron overtakes Delta before starting manufacturing on an Omicron vaccine

We are so hosed

nationalize the pharma industry

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Iron Crowned posted:

Im betting they use Pi but its a nothingburger split off and Rho is like ok but cant compete then Omega comes along with an R0=12 and a 10% mortality rate and steamrolls us into oblivion as everyone sucks and fucks

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

actionjackson posted:

lol I just got chastised by my aunt on my mom's side for not coming to the xmas party

"if you're vaccinated you can get covid but you can't get hospitalized"

"yes we are allowing a woman who is antivax to come"

"yes your cousin's two children (they are both between 5-11) are not yet vaccinated, but that's because they are wary of the vaccine and want to wait and see what happens"

oh also she said I was doing this because I have depression from being isolated lol

oh and of course "you are hurting your mother by doing this" :fuckoff:

if she can say you're doing this because of depression from isolation then you can tell her,

auntie, i won't be at your funeral because i don't celebrate suicides

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kazmeyer posted:

Saw my doctor. Handed over my vaccine card, asked for a booster. "We have Pfizer and Moderna-- I see you have two Pfizer, do you want to stick with that?"

"I'll take whatever you recommend."

"I'm giving you Moderna." We spent five of my 15 minutes talking about how badly the CDC and the government have dropped the ball on the pandemic.

One monster batch of chills in the middle of the night, a sore arm, and nothing much else. Riding the snake hasn't been that bad.

FIRE UP THAT LOUD
ANOTHER ROUND OF SHOTS
OMICRON FOR WHAT

dumb rear end you should have doubled up and gotten both.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

My quick googling indicates it's Pi

R0 of 3.14

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

covid is over

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

edit: double

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 8, 2021

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

silicone thrills posted:

Im betting they use Pi but its a nothingburger split off and Rho is like ok but cant compete then Omega comes along with an R0=12 and a 10% mortality rate and steamrolls us into oblivion as everyone sucks and fucks

10% mortality rate? That's not actually that so bad. That's like 90% survival rate!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Paradoxish posted:

i legit worry for the mental health of chise when this happens. she might have an external bluster, but internally if you were responsible for the deaths of your friends... that will haunt you to your grave and maybe drive you there too

IMHO she needs to back out now while she still can and just delete all the "its mild" tweets. people will blame and shame when it's clearly not the case. that will crush a psyche

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

nationalize the pharma industry

It's almost like putting one aspect of the pandemic control in the hands of for profit companies was a bad idea in hindsight?

If only people had listened to Trumo's snake story.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

mod sassinator posted:

i legit worry for the mental health of chise when this happens. she might have an external bluster, but internally if you were responsible for the deaths of your friends... that will haunt you to your grave and maybe drive you there too

IMHO she needs to back out now while she still can and just delete all the "its mild" tweets. people will blame and shame when it's clearly not the case. that will crush a psyche

she'll post through it, nbd

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

actionjackson posted:

lol I just got chastised by my aunt on my mom's side for not coming to the xmas party

"if you're vaccinated you can get covid but you can't get hospitalized"

"yes we are allowing a woman who is antivax to come"

"yes your cousin's two children (they are both between 5-11) are not yet vaccinated, but that's because they are wary of the vaccine and want to wait and see what happens"

oh also she said I was doing this because I have depression from being isolated lol

oh and of course "you are hurting your mother by doing this" :fuckoff:

ask her if that hurts more than the low chance of the two kids getting covid and dying because they wanted to see what happens

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

NeonPunk posted:

10% mortality rate? That's not actually that so bad. That's like 90% survival rate!

lmao. you are 100% right!

Decimation? In the true Roman definition sense? TOTALLY FINE

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

Korean Boomhauer posted:

it sucks rear end theres no real trusted health authorities you can point at and use as a source to not host events becuase they are more or less trying to keep number happy, so you have to listen to actual scientific types on twitter, but trying to explain to people that someone on twitter said "better safe than sorry" makes you sound like a crank and you'll just end up hearing stuff like "but the cdc says not to wear masks" or whatever.

i feel this in my bones. everyone in my life thinks i am a loving nutjob for pointing out how bad the CDC has bungled this

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

mod sassinator posted:

Then again, you can't really grift if you have any sense of morals.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol the list someone sent me had the WHO on it and I just skipped right over after all the mask poo poo from day one and how political they are.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Iron Crowned posted:

[COVID] ruh rho

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

'i went out clubbing and got infected by the prime minister' is a hell of an anecdote

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

U-DO Burger posted:

'i went out clubbing and got infected by the prime minister' is a hell of an anecdote

COV19 displacing the standard Tinder visit and then a quick run to the pharmacy stories.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

U-DO Burger posted:

worth it if you banged her

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

i have two nieces that are still recovering since catching covid the Tuesday before thxgiving

lol. lmao. gently caress everyone & gently caress everything.

Really hate when kids get these more serious cases, it's not their fault. Hope they get better soon.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Thoguh posted:

I dunno, there are far worse ways to go than a heart attack while doing two chicks at the same time.

Lmao buddy the number of stroke/cardiac arrest patients I've seen from sex...

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

fosborb posted:

[COVID] ruh rho

new thread title whenever the rho variant drops

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

etalian posted:

It's almost like putting one aspect of the pandemic control in the hands of for profit companies was a bad idea in hindsight?

We could have even dealt with COVID within the confines of capitalism if we’d just done a bunch of government contacts to mass produce PPE, medicine, vaccines, and anything else we needed
with the feds handing out more contracts for distribution. It’s specifically neoliberalism that prevents us from letting the state do anything that might actually help people.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

etalian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSrOXvoNLwg

So true!

Thank you for reminding me. I only remembered sailor.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
next up is covid drat fine slice of pi

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

because western society has failed, now is the time of the east

🎶 the west is gonna perish, the west is gonna perish 🎶
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBL2JHECj_o

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The Finnish minister being really attractive makes me very sad because I'm not at all attractive or a fish president.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Actually knowing poo poo is bad for your social life.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
'A Finnish nightclub on a December evening' sounds absolutely terrible.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Penisaurus Sex posted:

'A Finnish nightclub on a December evening' sounds absolutely terrible.

How can Finns get COV19 when they invented social distancing?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Tarja Halonen would never have done this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

really too bad we couldn't do "FULLY NU'D"