Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So he just removed the Bears and Raiders and added the Giants.
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1468663004619288580

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C'mon WIlson's agent, troll properly.

Add the Cowboys and Packers.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

Cousins and Garoppolo had some advanced stats guys arguing that they need ways to measure plays QB's don't make, because those two do way better in metrics then anyone with eyes thinks because they play ultra-safe football.

It's hard to judge Jimmy and Cousins there because historically when they actually throw them they post excellent deep ball rates, they just either don't get asked or chose not to do it at as high a rate as like, Mahomes for example

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1468653201129836545?t=3C41EOjjWh2ojJFfTCIF6g&s=19

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Nodoze posted:

It's hard to judge Jimmy and Cousins there because historically when they actually throw them they post excellent deep ball rates, they just either don't get asked or chose not to do it at as high a rate as like, Mahomes for example

why don't you think this counts as a judgment of their ability? they limit their team's gameplans, its not just about their performance within the gameplan. the reason they only get asked to do it so few times is because they aren't good enough to hit a ton of deep shots, they're just effiecient at hitting the spots that have been practiced when they get the exact right look for the playcall

e: they're fine at what they do, they're just not asked to do as much as a mahomes, let alone a brady, hence why no one cares about them half as much

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 8, 2021

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kirk Cousins is 33 years old and hasn't accomplished poo poo even with all the weapons in the world over the course of his trash rear end career.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Kirk Cousins maneuvered his way out from under Dan Snyder. That's an important accomplishment.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Kirk Cousins maneuvered his way out from under Dan Snyder. That's an important accomplishment.

Also took him for a bunch of money on his way out

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I believe the plural is "labia"

I don't care, I will NEVER get tired of making this joke for every arthrogram I do.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Magicpants posted:

why don't you think this counts as a judgment of their ability? they limit their team's gameplans, its not just about their performance within the gameplan. the reason they only get asked to do it so few times is because they aren't good enough to hit a ton of deep shots, they're just effiecient at hitting the spots that have been practiced when they get the exact right look for the playcall

Throwing deep shots all the time and hitting none of them isn't good either, so no. If they sucked at it period then yes I would agree with it being a problem

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sweet thursday posted:

Kirk Cousins is 33 years old and hasn't accomplished poo poo even with all the weapons in the world over the course of his trash rear end career.

Kirk Cousins has accomplished a whole lot actually.

Namely, being the most lucrative NFL free agent ever.

Big Kirk get dat money, bitch

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Diva Cupcake posted:

Russ has brain damage from those nanobubbles if he thinks he could make the Giants competitive.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The GIANTS lmao Russ.. sweet Russ.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Wilson on the Giants would basically be the Texans last year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Looking at the intended air yards/attempt list, Herbert is a lot lower than I expected. I also didn't anticipate Justin Fields being #1, and the only QB above 10 yards average depth of target

The average of the 33 guys on the list is 7.6, so Jimmy is just barely under the average depth of target (7.5). Cousins is tied for 24th with Mahomes at 7.4

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
We are gonna be the worst team in the NFL next season :smith:

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Lol. It's fun to hear how the players (and refs) interact on the field.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just got invited to go to the Vikings game this Thursday. This will be my first football game, at any level, I have attended in person.

I hope they don't notice the purple shirt I will be wearing was a giveaway I got at a Toronto Raptors game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Russ has brain damage from those nanobubbles if he thinks he could make the Giants competitive.

On the other hand, going to the Saints….:getin:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

Russ I will call you whatever dumb nickname you want if you save me from winston/taysom/siemien.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
N: Mark Ingram got da 'rona.

V: the Saints will be lucky to win another game this season.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Russ to the saints would be a pretty good move for both parties.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/TaylorBisciotti/status/1468694757215854592?t=xmwYvMXpRxaV7m2Qh4avRQ&s=19

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Allen’s on it too. Williams is reportedly not vaxxed

White-hot Herbie should check if he’s feverish :smith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/burchie_kid/status/1468698143797698561

Everybody loves MCDC.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Allen might make it off the list by Sunday and Asante Samuel Jr is practicing at least but uh, might be a good game for throwing to the tight ends and running backs

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1468699899113865216?t=45TUBHVDh1FYAnMhooCgaA&s=19

Gdi Mike

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He's only a close contact so still a chance to play.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
At this point it's just hilarious that players are too stupid and ignorant to get vaccinated and also the nfl is too stupid and ignorant to either mandate everyone or just give up like the democrats and open biden for all.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Asproigerosis posted:

At this point it's just hilarious that players are too stupid and ignorant to get vaccinated and also the nfl is too stupid and ignorant to either mandate everyone or just give up like the democrats and open biden for all.

Don't forget we also get Antonio Clown getting fake vaccine cards.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Fuckin a I got all excited when Keenan was gonna be out, more targets for Big Mike, now Keenan is probably gonna make the game but no way in hell Mike is

Disappointing to find out he's unvaxxed too. But I guess no one in history has ever claimed that playing in the NFL means you're smart

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It'd be nice if a team got tough and mandated vaccines for everyone or their rear end is gone, but nobody wants to be known as the Hitler stalin FEMA death camps tyranny team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hopefully it's like Bosa and he'll be clear to play at least next Thursday.

Keenan and Chris are vaxxed I think

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There are a lot more unvaccinated players than we were led to believe at the start of the season.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please stop saying who is vaccinated. it's always wrong

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1468716259839655940?t=zMOrqqbb3Wjinz39iJDZAA&s=19

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Cavauro posted:

please stop saying who is vaccinated. it's always wrong

yeah yall should say who isn't vaccinated instead so we know its right

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

Feel like poo poo, just want him back

He's butt.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Asproigerosis posted:

It'd be nice if a team got tough and mandated vaccines for everyone or their rear end is gone, but nobody wants to be known as the Hitler stalin FEMA death camps tyranny team.

dood that's HIPPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mike Williams is always making killer circus catches against KC going back to Phil River so hopefully he misses next Thursday