Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the sixers aren’t teading Simmons for Cj mccolem so it’s a moot point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

cursed

https://twitter.com/hoopsrumors/status/673981348978302976?s=21

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

this is where it all started going downhill

e: actually it was when the governors forced the okafor pick

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 8, 2021

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1468388513930481666?t=z4jILygdCnXwDNTZQFlLWQ&s=19

Tobias bet CJ that no second option could possibly suck as bad as he does.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Steph curry should probably be in the running for comeback player of the year

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

who are you and what have you done with euphronius

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
don’t worry he meant from the worst player in the league to almost starter level

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ah yeah that tracks

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
its sad that this thread exists only so this old lawyer who can't find the jump button in a video game doesn't have to face sas

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Judakel posted:

its sad that this thread exists only so this old lawyer who can't find the jump button in a video game doesn't have to face sas

counterpoint: it's also extremely funny

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

the sixers aren’t teading Simmons for Cj mccolem so it’s a moot point

at this point they would be lucky to get cj for simmons

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

at this point they would be lucky to get cj for simmons

maybe

but that trade has been there for weeks and Morey isn’t doing it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Enes Kanter legally changed his name to Enes Freedom

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

more like Enes Kantplaydefenser

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Freedom is what the other team's players get in the paint

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol holy poo poo

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

vyelkin posted:

Freedom is what the other team's players get in the paint

https://twitter.com/MosabDLo/status/1467531042617757706

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
apparently Kanter Freedom was chipping at Lebron last night (from the bench, obviously)

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

apparently Kanter Freedom was chipping at Lebron last night (from the bench, obviously)

he actually just sat there like a bitch
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1468441466682892289

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

More like Freedome

Because his head is empty

Also he can suck my dick!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Congrats to elite defensive stars Jokic and Caruso, the #2 and #3 players in the NBA as measured by Defensive RAPTOR.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t even imagine what war crimes kanter is involved in

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

jokic is currently #1 in defensive box +/- lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

He shut down Markieff pretty hard

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lmao Morey turned down CJ + four firsts?? lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

lmao Morey turned down CJ + four firsts?? lol

whered you see that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

WHAT A loving ENDING GOD drat LIVE BAKSETVALL OWNS

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

whered you see that

someone told me who has espn insider idk I claim no insider knowledge and do not endorse its veracity but it’s definitely funty

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

whered you see that

Zach lowe said it on his pod yesterday and a few other places

it wasn’t exactly that with cj

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

the only basketball pod I listen to is pod don’t lie, and that’s only when I have nothing else to listen to

but if Morey turned down 4FRP then it actually makes me believe that he must know what he’s doing because you’d be stupid to reject that otherwise.

but also yeah probably fake because all reports are fake.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hand that Gullen freak over to the Sultan Erdogan

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

the only basketball pod I listen to is pod don’t lie, and that’s only when I have nothing else to listen to

but if Morey turned down 4FRP then it actually makes me believe that he must know what he’s doing because you’d be stupid to reject that otherwise.

if that is the actual rumor, the source of it is 100% morey himself trying to get someone else to up their offer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

McCollum would not help the sixers much at all

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He would be a marginal upgrade over curry for like 100 million more dollars

the team needs size in the back court more importantly . they are getting killed on long rebounds as other teams guards just jump over curry and maxey

lonzo would have been ideal !! alas

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think the cj trade was for jrue holiday, if we're relaying info from the other thread.

part of the problem with first round picks is that presumably the blazers will continue to be barely in the playoff hunt so the picks are all in the 15-20 range. and morey probably believes you cannot get a star player in that range.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

the team needs size in the back court more importantly . they are getting killed on long rebounds as other teams guards just jump over curry and maxey

what they need is a point guard who's like 6'11" or something, alas such a player does not exist

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

euphronius posted:

its really interesting to see devin booker turn into a passable defender simply thru learning positioning and using his big size. philly should try and trade for tyler herro.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

hifi posted:

its really interesting to see devin booker turn into a passable defender simply thru learning positioning and using his big size. philly should try and trade for tyler herro.

Watching the Wolves go from a bottom to a top defense this year has been really, really funny.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

morey only turned down cj because he was dumb enough to think that he could strong arm simmons into playing and up his trade value. whoops. the stats nerd doesn't understand human relationships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cj is like the third best player on a championship team and moreys vision of ben simmons is like giannis with handles. the trade value is already there even if you dont like it, and i think it'd take more like 10-15 first round picks and even then i'm not so sure given how the draft works and how the picks would be spread out temporally.