Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

WHo the gently caress is casting spells on me in here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

no way I could survive clubbing to 4am at 36, even without covid

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Creating an excel spreadsheet with 69 different pages, everyone of them with the word DATA, then pressing control A, then control C, then control V, then holding down enter until I pass out from exhaustion in my woody woodpecker fursuit

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
here is that wastwater report site, i haven't seen this before and it is really nice: https://biobot.io/data/

looking at each region, it's all growing just with the west a little behind everyone else

very nice view to check regularly. lol at the south shooting up, it's going to surge again and be real bad

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Thesaurus posted:

I'm sure the PM gets good MDMA tho

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thesaurus posted:

I stayed at the strip club until 3am once, it kinda sucked after 2 because they stop serving alcohol, and it filled up with people who were really drunk from elsewhere

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

Lol no loving kidding

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i really cannot fathom what is about to happen in the next 4 weeks

with the south surging and midwest and northeast already locked into a big surge... holy gently caress hospitals are going to topple. we only made it through the summer delta surge because the south could fly and unload people to hospitals in the freaking midwest. NOT with this surge they won't though!

jesus this is going to be so bad and really starting to peak and be a disaster right at christmas. people are going to shuffle along in the weeks leading to christmas thinking "it's ok it's ok we can make it", and BLAMMO! grandma, grandpa, auntie and uncle are loving on the vents and dead

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mystes posted:

Posting this right when the omicron poo poo is hitting the fan is very trumpish.

https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1468658214032089088

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1468626510449946624?t=u2ow0zp_3bWLDWcfjVWzjA&s=19

:thunk:

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

the only upside to omicron is that it has the potential to continue my WFH, which is scheduled to end in February.

Alternatively, I'll be forced into the office when cases hit 10million/day

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

with the south surging and midwest and northeast already locked into a big surge... holy gently caress hospitals are going to topple.

mildly topple

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1468679254598688770

https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1468680501800189955

FDA suddenly approving anything the can now that the wheels are falling off

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Crazypoops posted:

WHo the gently caress is casting spells on me in here?

duel me

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

raises questions about whether the US is using the vaccine to extract diplomatic concessions after everyone in the government spent a year saying that's exactly what they were going to do

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

SKULL.GIF posted:

the mildfire is raging

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

mod sassinator posted:

with the south surging and midwest and northeast already locked into a big surge... holy gently caress hospitals are going to topple. we only made it through the summer delta surge because the south could fly and unload people to hospitals in the freaking midwest. NOT with this surge they won't though!

jesus this is going to be so bad and really starting to peak and be a disaster right at christmas. people are going to shuffle along in the weeks leading to christmas thinking "it's ok it's ok we can make it", and BLAMMO! grandma, grandpa, auntie and uncle are loving on the vents and dead

a new miracle cure will emerge for the desperate and people will go nuts for a while. when cases drop everyone will just forget that it ever happened just like the last few times.

idk like what number of dead people we need to hit before people care but it's clearly very very high

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Just got home, connected my phone to my stereo and sat down to review the hundreds of posts in this thread I'm behind on, and this was the song that popped up. Talk about big mood.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hey FDA, approve deez nuts

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

the hospitals are gonna be fine, people will just die faster its ok

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

The United States is a paperclip optimizer, but instead of paperclips it's viral particles.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

hahahaha yep they hosed up really badly and they know it

the booster gatekeeping totally backfired, booster bandits are 100% redeemed

the loving NIH head stepped down yesterday... more heads can and need to roll

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I stayed at the strip club until 3am once, it kinda sucked after 2 because they stop serving alcohol, and it filled up with people who were really drunk from elsewhere

strip clubs suck in general. yes, let me spend hundreds of dollars to not get laid. great

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

weird, I'm pretty sure all data indicates that anyone who got the JnJ when it first came out has completely lost their immunity. Why would they say this :thunk:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

lmao amazing

mildly amazing

:rubby:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.fda.gov/media/154701/download

quote:

EVUSHELD has been authorized by FDA for the emergency use described above. EVUSHELD is not FDA-approved for any use, including use for pre-exposure prophylaxis of COVID-19.

EVUSHELD is authorized only for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of the emergency use of EVUSHELD under section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. §360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.

Medical conditions or treatments that may result in moderate to severe immune compromise and an inadequate immune response to COVID-19 vaccination include but are not limited to:

• Active treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
• Receipt of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy
• Receipt of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within 2 years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy)
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection (people with HIV and CD4 cell counts <200/mm3, history of an AIDS-defining illness without immune reconstitution, or clinical manifestations of symptomatic HIV)
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (i.e., ≥20 mg prednisone or equivalent per day when administered for ≥2 weeks), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, tumor-necrosis (TNF) blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory (e.g., B-cell depleting agents)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spergin Morlock posted:

strip clubs suck in general. yes, let me spend hundreds of dollars to not get laid. great

How dare you insult my favorite thing!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Casey Finnigan posted:

a new miracle cure will emerge for the desperate and people will go nuts for a while. when cases drop everyone will just forget that it ever happened just like the last few times.

idk like what number of dead people we need to hit before people care but it's clearly very very high

a motherfucking epidemiologist tried to tut tut me for saying 20 million worldwide covid deaths in 2 years is very bad and much worse than the 37 million AIDs deaths in 30 years. loving people are blinded by hubris and idiocy

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I think it's so great my aunt used my mother and her children as emotional pawns against me, even though my mother told me she wasn't hurt at all, and I never had any sort of relationship with my aunt's children, or anyone else who will be there as long as I've been alive. I saw them at xmas, and an occasional wedding, that's it.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

a motherfucking epidemiologist tried to tut tut me for saying 20 million worldwide covid deaths in 2 years is very bad and much worse than the 37 million AIDs deaths in 30 years. loving people are blinded by hubris and idiocy

lol

:cryingmadjackal:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:cryingmonica:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:five:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:cryingdoctorgovernorOz:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

lmao i made this the twitter list cover. <3 you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.fda.gov/media/154701/download

quote:

2.1 Dosage for Emergency Use of EVUSHELD

The dosage of EVUSHELD in adults and pediatric individuals (12 years of age and older weighing at least 40 kg) is 150 mg of tixagevimab and 150 mg of cilgavimab administered as two separate consecutive intramuscular (IM) injections.

Repeat Dosing

Longer term data from the study PROVENT indicate that EVUSHELD may be effective for preexposure prophylaxis for 6 months post-administration [see Clinical Studies (14)]. While SARS-CoV-2 remains in circulation, individuals who qualify for EVUSHELD, per the conditions of the EUA, can be redosed every 6 months.

Ok I'll gladly take something like Humira as prophylaxis against COVID every 6 months

Sign me up