Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

I think it got confused which subject is actually experiencing the famine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
At this point can someone make a splinter thread for wombo.art? A couple posts were fun, but the constant deluge of samey nft-bait honestly takes all the fun out of having this thread bookmarked

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like threads with posts in em

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I can't complain since I haven't posted a single procgen thing but yeah the Wombo stuff is getting really loving boring. The thread was decently alive before and will survive without.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm also not particularly engaged by seeing a stream of Wombo or Artflow images, but the thread dies without content. I'd rather have people post things they're enjoying and excited about and just mark the thread unread for a few days then jump back in once I can scroll past a bunch of stuff quickly.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I think the wombo art is funny and weird, the artflow portraits are funny and weird, and the dungeonAI snippets are funny and weird. I like anything that a computer made out of a human prompt.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/drilbot_nonono/status/1466939492456148996

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Dying of laughter here. It's beautiful

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brawnfire posted:

I think the wombo art is funny and weird, the artflow portraits are funny and weird, and the dungeonAI snippets are funny and weird. I like anything that a computer made out of a human prompt.

Wombo is very accessible to everyone (web,iOS & Android) and showing how wild that app can get is a great thing to have in a topic.

Unlike other GANs, I was surprised how fast and quick it was and that is another positive for it. Unlike other systems like VQGAN+CLIP using Google Colab where users are limited in GPU time they can use (unless you can get the local GPU working which I never got working correctly), to standalone Python projects where the specific versions of modules are important (you better be using PyTorch from a year ago else you get crashes, for example) Wombo is up there for ProcGen for images as DungeonAI is to text. Just go in and mess around.

Users should not look down on Wombo/Thing-of-the-Week or anything for that matter because even though it bores certain users, it just might be the first time a new poster has ever used a tool to make something weird. Then they might go and explore other things and bring even wilder poo poo that none of us even knew about!

If you really don't like it, then don't check the thread for a week or two. I usually do that in certain threads when the news focus changes to something I don't care about.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I wanted to see if I could get AI Dungeon to make up TV shows, and was not disappointed:

quote:

You are in an empty room with a single television screen. In your hand is a button, and each time you press the button a random image appears. The first image is a red banana being eating by a horse. You press the button again.

"Hello And Welcome to Mope TV!" A deep voice bellows, as the screen changes to show a smiling man with a cigar in his mouth and two women massaging his shoulders. "Today on Mope TV we have: The Suicidal Squirrel Show!" The image changes to a man in a room with three squirrels in little outfits with little hats on.
"Hello darlings!" The first squirrel says.
"I'm Wendy!" The second one says.
"And I'm Lucy!" The final one says.
"W-we're here today to...." Wendy begins to say, before the man with the cigar blows a smoke ring and it lands over her mouth, causing her to cough and cry.
"Ohh! I'm sorry Wendy," The man says before blowing another smoke ring. This time it lands over Lucy's mouth, making her cough as well.
"Thank you," Wendy says.
"I'm here to tell you about the perils of suicide," The squirrel says, before Lucy interrupts.
"If you're a lesbian!" She says.
"If you're a lesbian," Wendy continues, ignoring Lucy, "And you're thinking about killing yourself, call the lesbian hotline! 1-800-4-LESBIAN."
"That's 1-800-" Lucy begins to say, before she is interrupted again.
"For any guys out there who are thinking about killing themselves, call the manly hotline! 1-800-IMTHEMAN." "
"That's 1-800-IMTHEMAN," Wendy says, rolling her eyes.
"Finally, for any animals out there who are feeling suicidal... gently caress it, just kill yourself." The screen cuts to static.
"Next on Mope TV we have Celebrity poo poo Talk!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Brown Moses posted:

I wanted to see if I could get AI Dungeon to make up TV shows, and was not disappointed:

Those phone numbers had me :lmao:ing

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Holy poo poo, that's fantastic. I guess straight women fall under the category of animals? Bit harsh.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Celebrity poo poo Talk generated a near perfect rendition of Roseanne Barr:

quote:

Today's guests are David Bowie and Marilyn Manson!" The screen changes over to a more professional looking show with a stadium audience, a large screen in front and two leather chairs with celebrities in them. David Bowie is on the left, looking quite tiny despite his height with his long blond hair combed over and even longer sideburns. To his right sits Marilyn Manson, who has disheveled black hair and equally dark eye makeup under his eyes. Beside him is a large, redhaired woman who looks to be in her late thirties or early forties. The audience is loudly cheering as the camera zooms in on Manson.
"Hello! I'm Marilyn Manson and this is Celebrity poo poo Talk!" He says with a huge grin. "Today we have the very talented musician David Bowie and comedian Roseanne Barr!" Ah, so this is the infamous Roseanne, you think to yourself. "Let's start with you, David," he continues, "Would you say you're a creative person?"
"I guess I am," Bowie answers in his thick British accent. "I think all artists are introverted to a certain degree."
"Boring!" Roseanne interjects. "Ask him if he hosed Tina Turner!" The audience laughs and Bowie smirks, shaking his head.
"He didn't gently caress Tina Turner," Roseanne says, answering her own question. "Of course he hosed Tina Turner! Everybody fucks Tina Turner! That BITCH!" The audience erupts into cheers again as Roseanne smiles devilishly.
"Let's move on," Marilyn says. "Roseanne, you're an outspoken person in real life and your character on Roseanne was quite the same way. What does it feel like to be so honest all the time?"
"It's a lot of hard work, honey!" Roseanne says in a joking tone, "But when you got the gift, you gotta use it!" The audience applauds as she gives a thumbs up.
"Now, I heard a rumor that you poo poo on stage during one of your shows," Marilyn says with a raised eyebrow, to which Roseanne breaks into laughter.
"Two words: Food poisoning!" She manages to say in-between laughs. "It was a long tour and the food they were serving in that town made me poo poo like a goddamn horse, I'll tell ya that much!" The audience howls with laughter as David Bowie smiles and shakes his head smiling.
"Last question," Marilyn says, turning his attention to David. "You've been in so many different bands and have been a successful solo artist as well. Is there anything you'd like to do musically that you haven't gotten a chance to do yet?"
"Sing the Nazis' song!" Roseanne yells.
"Shut up, Roseanne!" David and Marilyn say simultaneously.
"I'd like to be part of the music of the spheres," David says, smiling.
"What the hell does that mean?" Roseanne asks, pouting. "I loving hate artsy types."
"It means I'd like to hear music coming from another planet," David says with a shrug. "Whether it be from an alien race or whatever, I think it would be fascinating."
"Thank you, David!" Marilyn says, turning to Roseannne. "You're up, Roseanne!"
"Alright, alright, gently caress." Roseanne says, looking annoyed. "Let's see... Roseanne Barr, Roseanne Barr, what do you think of modern comedians?" The monitor then cuts to static.

Brown Moses has a new favorite as of 23:52 on Dec 8, 2021

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Haivng it make scripts seems like a good idea

quote:

As every die hard fan of Star Trek has heard, Quentin Tarantino was shortlisted to write the script for the next Star Trek movie. However, for unknown reasons, the film was cancelled.

We are lucky to have received a leaked early draft written by Tarantino.

MAIN TITLE SEQUENCE (TO BE DESIGNED)
FADE IN:
BLACK

A ROLL-UP TITLE APPEARS:
Star Trek
Written by Quentin Tarantino

FADE OUT

FADE IN:

EXT. SPACE – THE ENTERPRISE (OPTICAL)
Star Trek

FADE IN:

FADE IN:
INT. ENTERPRISE – BRIDGE

KIRK (V.O.)

This is Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise. To all

unidentified Romulan vessels…

KIRK (V.O.)

(CONT'D)

… you have invaded Federation space. Your

unprovoked attack on the USS Kelvin is

unacceptable. The Federation does not take

threats lightly. We are arming all of our

starships with the Mark 2, a powerful new

weapon from our alliance with the Klingons.

This weapon is effective against your shields

and will obliterate your ship within moments.

The Federation hopes that this is not the end

of our relations with the Romulan Empire.

It is in the best interest of both parties to

reach a peaceful agreement. Kirk out.

(CONTINUED)

CONTINUED:

Ext. Space – The Enterprise (OPTICAL)

The Romulan ship fires a large green beam at the Enterprise.

INT. ENTERPRISE – BRIDGE

KIRK (V.O.)

(CONT'D)

I have one final thing to say…

KIRK (V.O.)

(CONT'D)

Your mother was a Romulan spy!

Kirk turns around in his chair and looks directly into the camera.

KIRK

That's right, I'm talking to you,

you sum-bitch Romulan!

The crew members on the bridge turn and look at Kirk.

Bones

Jim, have you been injecting

steroids into your butt again?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Haivng it make scripts seems like a good idea

You know what, I think I'd enjoy this more than whatever Tarantino would've actually come up with

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I haven't personally minded the Artflow/wombo posts and really liked e.g. the Meat Planet stuff above, haha. I was kind of expecting people to get tired of Artflow after it had been posted a lot, but it helps that the output is images and short text strings; I remember kinda skimming over a lot of posts back when talktotransformer was new and being posted for several pages.

I guess a general guiding concept for any content in this thread could be "if you open the thread and see that every other post on the page is about the same thing, consider waiting until there are a couple posts about other things before posting more of the same in order to avoid saturation". How'd that sound?

For content, I still like @dog_fakes a lot:
https://twitter.com/dog_fakes/status/1333809331339288578

"This is Kronus. Watching the winter solstice.*Kronus shares the same birthday as Santa. Word from the North Pole is that there is a new immortal puppy.* 13/10 good to know, Santa"

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Brown Moses posted:

:lmao:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Brown Moses posted:

lmao

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
PYF ProcGen: Jim, have you been injecting steroids into your butt again?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I note they've increased the cooldown counter to 30 seconds now

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 21:28 on Dec 9, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lol Rivendell's basically copyright infringement.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Kind of a miss, but it just made me realize how horrible it will be when Disney starts making 'live action' Pixar movies.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tricky Ed posted:

Kind of a miss, but it just made me realize how horrible it will be when Disney starts making 'live action' Pixar movies.

sure i guess

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Tricky Ed posted:

Psh, come on. How could they adapt Cars into a live-action movie? You'd need an origin story for the anthropomorphic cars which would be crazy, right? Right...?

quote:

Disney has decided to make a live-action adaptation of Pixar's hit 2006 movie "Cars" which follows anthropomorphic talking racecar Lightning McQueen. We've managed to get ahold of a copy of the script, and are exclusively bringing you the first scene:

CARS: THE LIVE-ACTION ADAPTATION
FINAL DRAFT

EXT. RACETRACK - DAY

A long, wide open racetrack cuts diagonally through a grassy field on either side of the viewer. A number of evenly spaced, high-tech checkered flags wave in the wind at the beginning, and at the end of the track.

LIGHTNING McQUEEN is warming up in her sleek, blue Corvette at the starting line. The fans are really beginning to pick up now. It's a great day for racing.

A man in a suit and bowler hat stands to the side of the track and pumps a fist into the air. You notice he's holding a wicker basket filled with a number of hot dogs.

The announcer begins. "Ladies and gentlemen, here she comes!"

The racetrack cuts wide open and you are treated to a close-up view of the starting line. You see a grid of sophisticated, high-tech, state-of-the-art cars that are much sleeker and better-looking than anything you've ever seen on the track before. Beside them are two rows of bleachers that are filled with men and women in suits and dresses.

The cars at the front of the pack begin to get ready, checking their systems and doing final tune-ups. You can hear the electric motors preparing to fire, and the drivers making last minute adjustments to their seats and steering wheels.

Behind Lightning, she can hear another car approaching. It's a strange-looking vehicle, almost phallic and shiny silver in color. A long, thin, and extremely pointy "tail" is the distinctive feature of this car.

"Oh, great," she mutters. "Here they come."

As the second car gets closer you can see that it's a hearse and it is followed by a long line of them.

"It's the St. Louis County sheriff and his posse," the announcer says. "These guys seem a little on edge."

A few fans in the front rows of the bleachers begin tossing hot dogs into the stands to try to get the crowd riled up. The dogs hit the ground, sizzle, and spit.

"This should be good," you can here the announcer say.

The car carrying the sheriff pulls into the starting line and the gridlock begins to clear.

"Okay, here we go," the announcer says.

The cars are released, and they begin to race down the track. The crowd is going wild.

"This is out of control!" the announcer screams. "The fans have gotten out of control! They are throwing food onto the track! The track is not cleared!"

You watch in awe as a small, round, red and white hot dog cart wheels right into the path of the oncoming racers. It slams into the side of one of the silver cars with a crunch and the driver's side pops off the track, throwing the car behind onto its side.

The sheriff's car slams into the back of the red and white hot dog truck and both vehicles flip over in a massive fireball. The metal catches fire, and the screaming fans scramble to get out of the way.

The crash kills all six people in the car, and the fire claims the life of the red and white hot dog vendor.

The crowd is in shock and the race has come to an abrupt halt. A long stretch of gridlock has the entire track blocked and everyone stands there in stunned silence.

A man in a suit walks over to the flaming wreckage. He is wearing a white doctor's coat and he begins kicking at the burning metal and screaming at the top of his lungs.

"My, God, my, God," he says over and over. "Oh, no, no, no."

For an anxious five minutes, there is nothing but the sound of the fire raging. Then, you hear a loud cracking sound. Then, a loud crashing sound. Then, all is quiet.

The wreckage has collapsed entirely and in the middle of the field stands a towering metal skeleton with a thick red metal skin.

"That's gotta be the car," the sheriff says. "That's got to be."

The skeleton has three rotating cylinder shapes coming out of it, each with a large gear on one end. The three cylinders stick out at angles to the long, thin body of the car, and are topped with a large, three-dimensional image of a lightning bolt.

The skeleton slowly begins to turn, revealing that there is a small, open cockpit in the middle of it. The lightning bolt on top of the car turns with it, showing you that the car can rotate three hundred and sixty degrees.

"I think we might have just found the winning car of the last twenty years," the sheriff says.

Huh. Seems a bit dark for a kids movie, and they seem to have changed a lot, but I'm on board.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The what thread am I in curse strikes again

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Still, better than the original Cars films.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Playing with PTTY5 last night and got it to run with some fractal snake event horizon prompts for a few hours. The last prompt we fed it in the sequence was something like "string theory orchestra" which it of course interpreted as "a bunch of gooey old white dudes", but that middle section is loving coooool.

https://i.imgur.com/ArYzvEv.mp4

Lmao at summoning Quantum Gaddafi in the last frame

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That is loving awesome, it makes me want to make weird synthy music

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/wedontexisthere/status/1469651323029270530?s=20

Sashimi hat? I can never keep up with the current fashion trends

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Getting a divorce. Also a deformed foot in the face

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/wedontexisthere/status/1469651323029270530?s=20

Sashimi hat? I can never keep up with the current fashion trends

Heretofore known as the "Maeva bonnet"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvnKbnfo8TI

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/ai_curio/status/1470838551264874496
:unsmigghh:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

https://twitter.com/minimaxir/status/1470913487085785089

https://twitter.com/minimaxir/status/1470926983076855808

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The Babagrinch

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

That is loving awesome, it makes me want to make weird synthy music

*Oppressively blaring Mort Garson*

More PTTY5 results! This is the first GAN I've really dedicated time to figuring out and it's fun as hell. Having to wrap your head around quaternions for the 3D aspect is a bit tricky, but not impossible.

The piss wizards are most displeased:

https://i.imgur.com/8ycT7zQ.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://twitter.com/DeepLeffen/status/1422975685782556682